Home U.S. Coin Forum

What is the best way to sell ASE's? '93, '94, '95 proofs

What would be the best way to sell some of these ASE that are proof from the following years '93, '94, '95? Would it be better to sell them in the mint packaging, or would grading net me a better price? If graded, would they have to be 70's to make money?

Also, what could I expect to get for these? I have about 3 of each year that I want to sell.

Thanks.

Comments

• 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,490 ✭✭✭✭
    I would think that a graded coin, especially these three, would bring more dollars regardless of what venue you use to sell them.

Perhaps you should do a search to find out what raw vs graded have been selling at on eBay. I think Heritage and Teletrade on sell graded versions so raw prices would be unavailable.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    List on the BST.... when all is said and done (fees, etc) it would be hard to beat those transactions. Cheers, RickO
  • If listed on the BST, do you think raw or graded would be better?
  • 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,490 ✭✭✭✭
    Woopsie and surprise, A quick search on eBay shows between $130 and $240 for these coins raw. Graded versions don't seem to bring significantly more.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,626 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are the original owner, I would screen them very carefully to see if any of them should be submitted. I had some '93s and '94s that I had saved, and one of them turned into a $4,900 coin.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭
    These have dropped in price the last couple of years. The '93 and the '95 bring about $100-$110 each and the '94 is higher since it's the good one.

edited: Forgot to add, leave 'em raw unless you really really think you have a 70. The PF69DCAM's don't make a whole lotta difference.

wes
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • I am the original owner, but there is no way I could tell 69 from a 70, lol. I think they will stay raw.
  • tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I am the original owner, but there is no way I could tell 69 from a 70, lol. I think they will stay raw. >>

you're not the only one my friendimage
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • RarityRarity Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If listed on the BST, do you think raw or graded would be better? >>

Many coin collectors prefer coins in their original holders. It doesn't hurt for you to try listing them on BST board.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file