Home Metal Detecting
Options

Yikes! What happened to springtime?

lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
Here I was, runnin' around in short sleeves... actually had to close up the windows and turn the air conditioning on the other day, when the house got too stuffy... but yesterday evening, I had to turn the heat back on, "just to bust the chill in here", as I told my wife.

Now, this morning, I awaken to find FROST... everywhere... the lawn is white! And the birdbath is frozen solid!

I'm sure it'll burn off and thaw as the sun gets higher, and it will likely be another pretty, blue-sky, cloudless day, as yesterday was (if a bit windy), but ... brrr!

Did all you frozen northerners and midwesterners send some of your weather our way, when you heard us gleefully celebrating spring?

If so, you got your revenge. If it's like this all the way to Florida (as it must be, since we are a stone's throw away from the Florida border), I shudder to think of what y'all must be dealing with.

Hey, Steve- if you're on the forums, I'm still up for a dig today. If you call me, we'll go somewhere. If not, I'll just stay home and work on coin biz. It would be nice to get at least ONE February dig in the bag, though.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• Options
    brrrr....cold here in south florida too.....high today of 70....i'll need my sweater....hee hee hee......lows in the forties last night....i like the change, feels like maine in october......hh
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow... one cool evening and you southern weenies get your shorts in a bunch. Heck, that is barely sweatshirt weather image You need to get some blood in your veins instead of sweet tea... image Cheers, RickO
  • Options

I guess we had that comin'.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options

<< <i>You need to get some blood in your veins instead of sweet tea.. >>

Dagblasted yankees! image
  • Options
    maybe you would like to come up to rhode island where today the real feel is 7 degrees image
  • Options
    me and my bunched up shorts will stay put....7 degrees ? that's the loft on my driver...hee hee hee!....stay warm...hh
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    crispycrispy Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

<< <i>And the birdbath is frozen solid! >>

Imagine how the poor birds must feel.

"to you, a hero is some kind of weird sandwich..."
  • Options
    DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭
    Wa Wa Wa "My birdbath is frozen". image

The kids are ice skating in my backyard.image
  • Options
    It all thawed out nicely and got into the high 50s or low 60s by mid-day, when I went out detecting, so nyah nyah. image

Had a modest success, too. Nothing worth having a parade over, but not bad, either. Will post the DOTD writeup shortly.

(DOTD= "Digs O' The Day", in case you were scratchin' your head over that one.)

• Options
    This morning it was 18 below zero. We have on average close to 4 feet of snow on the ground now with a nice snowstorm coming tonight that could dump as much as 14 more inches. Now, I don't mind living in a sub-arctic climate but I do want to see some resemblance of spring every once in awhile too.
    Ok, now back to the southern boohoo my birdbath has ice in it.image
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • Options
    18 below?????...Sheesh it plunged down to 30 here for only the second time this year....I don't envy your weather!image
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭

you snowbirds can have your snow and ice and -0 temperatures. That ain't even right!

I guess it's the other end of extreme for us in July & August when it's 100+ down here in God's country!

wes
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    laserartlaserart Posts: 2,255
  • Options
    I think it will take a metal detector to find that airplane soon. We've had another 8 inches of snow on top of what is shown.
  • Options
    Even though we have tons of snow on the ground it will only be another 60 days or so and the ground will be ready to dig.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow... Now I remember what I did not like about living in Maine.... very clearly.... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    i was thinking of how much i miss maine...then i saw your pictures laserart....i'm over it for now....stay warm , spring is almost here, there....hh
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    I saw on the news that Louisiana and Mississippi had tornado watches tonight. We have gone from winter to summer in the last week. Now we are into the hot season. Hotter will be next month.
    imageimageimage