Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

I try and try, but Onlyroosies always does better than me...

2»

Comments

• Options
    labloverlablover Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    I just picked this up on TT. Not as nice as those Blue ones but it looks better in hand
  • Options
    rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭
    Lablover,
    do you still have a picture of the 51S?? If so, post it.
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • Options

<< <i>Lablover, do you still have a picture of the 51S?? If so, post it. >>

How's this? Ya know, some day's I really wish I had not sold this one.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    Lablover,
    Not bad...image
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
    Bill, I like the 51-S better then your icon....For those of you that don't know the
    story of Jim's former 51-S Roosie. Bill and I were invited to bid against each other
    for the coin. We stood side by side at the FUN show in front of a table. I bid X,
    then Bill bid XX, I said XXXX, Bill looked at me and then said XXXXXXXXXXXXXX.
    Then Jim said, Wow! I better rethink this and kept the coin. A couple weeks later
    the coin was in Bills Collection...

The Moral is.....Bill gets what Bill wants.

Now you know the rest of the story.
  • Options
    Craig,

Does that 63P really look like that?.
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These threads are always a joy to follow. The color abounds. A couple of my mottled duds follow.

Ken

and a merc just for the heck of it.

• Options
    Nice 1919 merc.image
  • Options
    "Craig,

Does that 63P really look like that?."

You mean the FT or the blue color??????image
  • Options
    ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭
    Yes. And its a proof (sorry).
    Craig
    If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!
  • Options
    http://www.collectors-society.com/registry/coins/mysets_listing.aspx?PeopleSetID=10657

Craig,
    If you want to show off roosie proofs, try the above link...Collectors society, but all are PCGS graded.

I issue a public challenge for anyone to display a more colorful set...that's roosie talk for this set is cool.

Would appreciate some help with the link; computer won't let me copy to http for some reason. Thanks in advance.

• Options
    Something for Colorfulcoins...

• Options
  • Options
    More tarnish...

• Options
    We now have two roosie strings going!!!! Just like the good old days!image
  • Options
    Gotta keep ahead of those MPL guys.....here's some more new tarnish:

imageimage
    Craig
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    You guys are such show-offs... And I love it image
    Dan
  • Options
  • Options
    This 49P is the most perfect roosie I own; MS 68* FT and it is undergraded.

Nick,
    still have photos of the roosie graded MS 69??
  • Options
    imageimage

I pulled this 58D from a mint set. Like I said what Bill wants Bill gets. It now resides in the Rainbowroosie collection

imageimage
  • Options
    Yeah, that 58D has a touch of color...image
  • Options
    Craig,

Great looking 60D!!!

Nick,
    46P MS69*.....WOW, remarkable looking coin. I'd like to see that one in person. image
  • Options
    I remember when I owned that 46P, but its wasn't in a MS67* holder when I did! image
    Craig
  • Options
    Nothing like a colorful Roosie. image
    Dan
  • Options
    Ahhhh---- Thanks for digging this up Dan
    One of the reasons that made me start collecting Dimes.
    Great Pics and Great Converstion.....

Bill
  • Options
    Yes and you are one of the best Bill. Good to hear from you.
    Dan
  • Options
    Hey Dan, Thanks for the kind words.
    Your Clad set and Pauls were those to run after.
    Those were the Good ole days for sure. I do like looking at some the old post about Dimes. They sure
    were a lot better than those penny ones...
  • Options
    MistercoinmanMistercoinman Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭
    Wow just passing through, Hi Dan. Thanks for the memories. FRed
  • Options
    Thanks Bill & Fred, nice to hear from you two again. Just to let you know, I pulled out my dime boxes and decided to search them. I still have three 2008-D boxes left over from 2008 and one 2011-P box I picked up last year out of habit. Also all the quarter rolls I have held over the years, along with the Sac. and Pres. dollar rolls will be searched. And I also have some lincoln boxes around from early 2000's not real sure right off hand the years on them. Had my eye surgery and seeing better than I have in years. May as well put them to use I say.
    Dan
  • Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    onlyroosies gave me the pleasure of owning the 1951P dime in NGC MS-68FT* for about four years, but then caught me in a weak moment and bought it back from me at a substantial profit to me and amazingly, that dime UPGRADED at NGC!

It was the most amazing dime I ever saw even though I thought the strike on the torch could have been a bit stronger.

onlyroosies was one of the nicest guys I have ever dealt with.
    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oreville ... And I passed on the 51-P (at even a lower price earlier in time) to buy the 53-D in the same grade from Nick when both were put on the table side by side for me to consider buying them (I think in FLA at a FUN show)!! As I recall, Nick also liked the 53-D slightly better at the time (so you can imagine what that one looked like back then)! The 53-D got a bit darker over time so I think Nick might like the 51-P a little better now. But, like you, Nick came back late last year to swoop up the 53-D dime at a much higher price for his new customer.

Nick is always a pleasure to do business with.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    Wow, this string got reborn!! How about a picture of the 51 and 53D???image
  • Options

Oreville.... Since you have owned the 51P it has traded hands a couple times until its current resting place in the #1 NGC registry set. The current owner sent in all his
    NGC MS68 dimes for NGC to re-evaluate. NGC upgraded 2 out of over 40+ dimes. A 47S graded MS68+* and the 51P graded 68+*FT. At
    the time we did not own Mitch's 53D 68*FT. That coin was eventually acquired for the collection and sent in to NGC for re-evaluation at a later date.
    NGC stated that the 53D had the remnants of an old print on the reverse and that is why it didn't receive a higher grade. "I" could never find the print
    they were talking about. Two of my favorites are the 53P MS68*FT and the 54S MS68*FT. Both originated from Craig Harries (colorfulcoins). To date
    the 51P is the highest graded FT/FB silver Roosevelt dime by either service.

If you would like to see some of the most colorful Roosevelt Dimes on the planet CLICK HERE

Hey Dan, Nice to hear from you and all the past Roosevelt dime Lovers. I'm don't check the boards much but it was nice seeing this old thread pop up.

Onlyroosies
  • Options
    That's a lot of registry points!!!!!

I like the 58D, 47D, and 62D the best. Finding a 62D with that color is VERY RARE! image
  • Options
    Happy to hear from you Nick. Yeah I'm back hunting Roosies to send PCGS, but will also be looking into other series as well. Bought a ton of mint sets in unopened/sealed boxs, or so they claimed, while hunting dimes for my set. Must be some other coins in all those sets worth grading.
    Dan