Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

I try and try, but Onlyroosies always does better than me...

This is my latest rainbow roosie submission; seemed pretty good until I heard Nick's latest results...Where does he find all those 68s?????? Well, at least these have better color than his!!!!!

Coins for invoice
001 1953 S 10C MS 67*
002 1949 D 10C MS 67*
003 1952 S 10C MS 67
004 1950 S 10C MS 67*
005 1949 10C MS 67*
006 1963 D 10C MS 67
007 1946 S 10C MS 66*
008 1946 10C MS 66
009 1956 10C MS 65*
010 1951 10C MS 66* FT
011 1950 10C MS 66* FT
012 1952 10C MS 67* FT
013 1946 S 10C MS 66 FT
014 1951 10C MS 66*
015 1963 10C MS 66*
"You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
rainbowroosie April 1, 2003

Comments

• Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Where does he find all those 68s?????? >>

Drive by his house on the night of the full moon.
    If you see him dancing around a fire in his back yard, and chanting, record him.. image
    Dan
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,404 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NGC grades?

Ken
  • Options
    ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭
    I know where onlyroosies coins came from......what's it worth to you to know? image

BTW, all of onlyroosies coins have magnificant color, really an extremely pretty bunch of coins and no white toll booth tokens either!
    Craig
    If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys kill me!
    I try and try to find submittal worthy Roosies from the local shows, the dealer B&Ms, even online.......I get some that are nice looking (finally) but wouldn't grade MS65FB or above image
    Nothing plastic worthy.

Yet, here you guys are showing off again and again image

(good job)

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭
    "Yet, here you guys are showing off again and again"

Yeah, just a little.... image
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
  • Options
    labloverlablover Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭✭✭
    11 of 15 in * and only a single MS65 in the bunch. That ain't to bad!
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    012 1952 10C MS 67* FT

LABLOVER,
    I REALLY REALLY like this one....image
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,372 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Onlyroosies always does better than me... >>

Maybe the 2 of you should merge and form a new company? You could call it "onlyrainbowroosies" image

GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,646 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Maybe the 2 of you should merge and form a new company? You could call it "onlyrainbowroosies" image

GrandAm image >>

You can also add Craig in that too and call it "OnlyColorfulRainbowRoosies" image

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    2's company, 3's a crowd! That's what my momma always told me.
    Craig
  • Options
    Nick is a great "middle man." image
  • Options

<< <i>You can also add Craig in that too and call it "OnlyColorfulRainbowRoosies" >>

I like the sound of: "LabloversOnlyColorfulRainbowRoosies"image
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    Funny how LABLOVER went to the front of the name...with Rainbow Roosies at the end...appropriate, saving the BEST for last!!!imageimage

Why hasn't Nick chimed in?? This whole string is about him?? image
  • Options

<< <i>Funny how LABLOVER went to the front of the name...with Rainbow Roosies at the end...appropriate, saving the BEST for last!!! >>

See, I WAS thinking of you! Now where's the picture of the 52?
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
    ""Why hasn't Nick chimed in?? This whole string is about him?? ""

I have been on a 2 day golf sabbatical out in the middle of nowhere. No cell
    service, no TV's and no computers. Bill, You weren't suppose to tell anyone
    about the 52P you made until I've seen it.....Now the luster has been removed.

Thanks for the great comments though. I find very few Roosies. Somehow
    they seen to find me.

Ken, Bill is refering to our NGC submissions. IMHO NGC is just about on
    par with PCGS today with the Roosies. Maybe a 1/4-1/2 point behind them.

Here's a couple pics from my last submission.

• Options
    Nick,
    That is without a doubt the second best 54P in the world!!!!!!image
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Bill is refering to our NGC submissions. IMHO NGC is just about on par with PCGS today with the Roosies. Maybe a 1/4-1/2 point behind them. >>

Do you have to send the coins in two/three times to get the FB listing, thats been my luck with PCGS lately???
    I just had four come back from their second trip PCGS.
    Two of the four made the FB this trip.
    I may not send in the 55-S ms67 back again, but my 2005-D ms68 is going in as many times as it takes to get it right. image
    Dan
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>imageimage >>

Very, very nice!!!!! How about better than very, very nice....image

Ken
  • Options
    LeeGLeeG Posts: 12,162

<< <i>

<< <i>imageimage >>

Very, very nice!!!!! How about better than very, very nice....image

Ken >>

• Options
    Bout time we had a good Rosy dime post up towards the top of the forum....been awhile. Bill and Nick are always good for some fun-oriented Rosy out-jousting!
    Craig
  • Options
    Roosies rule!!!image
  • Options
    So Nick, if one were to want to buy this 54P, would it be available? Sure would look great in my NGC set. Is your PM function working?

• Options
    Jim, I just put the coin up on ebay. Here is the link.

Ebay Roosies
  • Options
    Nick,
    That's quite a group of roosies!!! Very cool 53S!!!image
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BEEYOOTIFUL Roosies, Nick!
    Wow! I'd love to take the pics of some of those! image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    Moon money indeed - them's the kind of prices that rainbowroosie likes to pay! Remember, rich guys rule! image
    Craig
  • Options
    Craig,
    Got something better than what's in my set?? That would be worth$$$$image

BUT, I "know" you don't!image

Roosies RULE!!
  • Options

<< <i>Got something better than what's in my set?? >>

Craig's got some nice Roosies, I'd be carefull poking that dog!image
  • Options
    I'm not "poking" I'm using my pointy spear...I want his best coin...if he has one...image

Now this is becoming an old time roosie string...
  • Options
    Show me the money! image
    Craig
  • Options

<< <i>Show me the money! >>

image Get out of the way and let the BIG DOG hunt!
  • Options
    Craig,
    Show me one like my ICON coin and I WILL show you the money...what I don't want is Onlyroosie's or Lablover's typical "smudge" toning...........You know, the kind they call "RAINBOW MONSTER" on Teletrade.....image

Roosie guys rule!!!!!!!!image
  • Options

<< <i>Onlyroosie's or Lablover's typical "smudge" toning >>

Oh my!

I like smudge...how's this one?

• Options
    Send it...I'll send $$$$image
  • Options
    Bill, $$$$ isn't enought, you got to send $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to get coins like that! Don't get cheap on us....image
    Craig
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    OK, this thread is sick.

I would spend an unlimited amount of time searching and grading, where the heck do you get the supply to search through?

Fantastic coins and grades. image
  • Options
    where the heck do you get the supply to search through

You would be surprised at what is hiding in the cracks if you know what to look for. There are a lot
    of old albums out there with beautiful coins in them. You just have to find them. I once pulled a 1947-S
    Roosie from an album I bought from a board member that graded PCGS MS68FB pop 1/0. That was about
    5-6 years ago and that coin is still the only 68FB for the date. Lot's of albums on ebay....
  • Options
    Nick,
    post us a couple of old killer photos...let some of the new guys see what a roosie really can look like!image

We haven't had a great roosie string in ages...

Love ya man!!!!!

• Options
    I am not a toner guy by any stretch, and Roosies, I am a meathead on that series, but if that color on the '54-P is captured correctly, that is ONE SWEET COIN!!! If I were a Roosie guy, I might have to think that coin is worth all the money...besides that color, it is a gorgeous coin. Rainbowroosie, now I know why you are pitching a bytch...it must be hell trying to 'keep up with the Joneses'!! I dont envy you at all!!!
  • Options
    "Rainbowroosie, now I know why you are pitching a bytch...it must be hell trying to 'keep up with the Joneses'!! I dont envy you at all!!!"

Actually, I'm the Rockerfellers and they are the Joneses! They are chasing me... image
  • Options
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,714 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can relate to finding drop dead gorgeous Roosies in old albums.

I stopped by a B&M one day to find that the owner had put out for display and sale a Whitman album (with plastic slides) filled with MS Silver Roosies. He had bought the album the day before from a walk in csutomer. Almost all of the coins had toned after being in the album for decades. However, looking at the coins as a group, behind the plastic slides, revealed nothing more than the fact that the coins looked extremely tarnished.

I bought the album for a little over $100.00, thinking it would be fun to remove the coins and take a look at each one with a loupe in good lighting.

When I looked at each individual coin I was blown away. Almost every coin has some toning. Rim toning, target toning, crescent toning, complete toning, rainbow toning, toning in the fields with the devices being white and cameo in appearance, deep blue toning, fiery orange toning, steel grey toning, etc.

Unfricking believably beautiful coins. Some are of 62-64 grade due to nicks, dings, marks, etc. Some are 65+, even possibly up to 67 in grade due to the coins being very clean.

My favorite in the set is a 1960D that has rainbow obverse toning in the fields and on Roosevelt's hair. His face is blast white. The luster is booming off the coin. The obverse has muted mottled toning. As far as eye appeal goes, the 1960D is comparable to the 54P pictured in this post.

I now keep an eye out for old albums with toned coins. When I see one, if the price is modest I snap it up pronto.
  • Options
    As far as pretty Roosies go Bill is the man to catch. If I had any that were better then his he would be
    buying them. Here is a pic of my 54P and Bill's 54P. both are graded MS68* by NGC. Yes these are
    two different coins....

My 54P NGC MS68*

Here is a pic of Bills 54P NGC MS68*

If Bill was computer literate he would link you to his set. Since he is not I Will.

Rainbowroosies Roosies
  • Options
    Rainbowroosies, here is your Dime...very nice too!

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options

<< <i>if that color on the '54-P is captured correctly, that is ONE SWEET COIN!!! >>

Thanks!

I do believe the color is correct and it's a beauty. See, Rainbowroosie is not the only one with reaaly cool Roosies. Although, he does have a few more than most.
  • Options
    Here is one that I own:

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    Now this is a roosie string!!! Let's see some more!!! Post some great ones...

• Options
    LeeGLeeG Posts: 12,162

<< <i>Now this is a roosie string!!! Let's see some more!!! Post some great ones... image >>

Two I used to own:

1957-P in 67:

1957-D in 67FB:

In Mint Set's I own:

• Options
    Well, I think these are pretty even if they are too BLUE for the rainbow-meister!

Craig
  • Options
    Craig,
    Nice 46!!image