Home Metal Detecting
Options

Going out for a while tomorrow....I sent my GTi 2500

to Garrett for recalibration and some new chip updates...so I'll be using my trusty Garrett Groundhog...I'll post what I find, if anything.

Comments

• Options
    good luck out there...hh
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lemme know how you do, Steve. If it's just an hour or two in the earlier AM, I'm available, if you want some company.

Wait- it's a Sunday, so I am free of fatherly obligations. Therefore, all I have to do is sleep off my graveyard shift at some point between tomorrow AM and 11 PM when I go back in to work. Morning, afternoon... whatever... if you have a sweet site to share, I'm your pal! image

After working Sunday night and getting off Monday morning, I am off Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday, and most of Thursday, when I go back in on the graveyard shift.

Now that the rain's gone, I need to get out again. Haven't put the coil to the soil since January 27th. I could use a February find or two.

PS- speaking of stuff being sent off for repair, etc.- it's been a long time now since I shipped my Sun-Ray probe off for fixin'. Hmm. I might need to start investigating wassup with that.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK guys... waiting for the results... and pictures... image Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    whats up mdawg...any early spanish silver?...how did the hunt go...hh
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He didn't get out. But he and I might put the coil to the soil early this week. He apparently has a relic site lined up, which happens to be within hollerin' distance of my house.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Millennium,

How much longer before your 2500 is back? If you don't mind me asking, how much was the upgrade? What all did it include?

Thanks,
    Speer34

imageimageimage
  • Options
    Speer....They got on Feb25th....They called yesterday (29th) and said they had done a circuit board upgrade, Changed the power supply cords for the newer one they use now, and replaced the coil for the newer coil...Then they re-calibrated the unit for the new coil and circuit board upgrade. The charge was $40.42 which I think is outstanding! The price of a new coil is $110.00, not counting the labor and the new circuit board.

Now, I can't wait to get it back..I loved the unit like it was....now it's supposed to be 15% deeper and have a new ground mineralization circuit, and a new coil...
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great service... speaks well for Garrett... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    speer34speer34 Posts: 375
    Millennium,

That sounds like a great deal. I do believe that I'll have to send mine off to get it done as well. I just don't know what I'll do without it for a week though. I guess I could use the Ace 250, but I sure do love the 2500.

Thanks for the info.
    Speer34

imageimageimage
  • Options

<< <i>Now, I can't wait to get it back..I loved the unit like it was....now it's supposed to be 15% deeper and have a new ground mineralization circuit, and a new coil... >>

The new coil is supposed to be more stable than the old stock one. Less falsing, especially when you bump into twigs and sticks.
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Options
    I wish it was already back...Man I'm dying to go out...image