Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Share your TTM's!!!!

I am a big fan of TTM. I love the feeling of grabbing that sase out of the mailbox and wondering what I have waiting for me inside. I also love seeing others successes. There are so many different TTM threads on here, I figured I'd start one where anyone can show off their auto's.
I'll start it off. Here is my first 2008 spring training succes, fresh out of the mailbox. I enjoyed the 2007 heritage, and I am sending a lot of them out for spring training.

Comments

• Options
    Here is a cool TTM I got back recently from Ozzie Newsome c/o the Ravens. I really like how the sig looks on this card.

• Options
    Good mailbox day with some spring training returns. Kei Igawa is a very good signer, hopefully the pitching can come around. Anyone else doing spring training, share some scans!!

• Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Good mailbox day with some spring training returns. Kei Igawa is a very good signer, hopefully the pitching can come around. Anyone else doing spring training, share some scans!!
    >>

Still waiting on my first ST success. Though I only sent about 15 out.
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    I sent a bunch out this year, I sent in to pitchers and catchers first, which are coming back now.
  • Options
    fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    This is somewhat off topic but I am unable to locate addresses of two 1984 Chicago Cubs. First is Steve Lake who played with both the Cubs and Cards, Second is Richie Hebner who played all over. I think they called him the grave digger. If anyone can help I would appreciate it. Thanks
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got Molina back last year. I sent out to him again. I still don't have any yet. I sent about 10 or 12 out.

Shane

• Options
    Got all these today.

Randy Tomlin, sent out some time in 2006. I needed him as an upgrade to 75% complete 1993 topps team set. I actually got the upgrade I needed last year IP when I found out he was coaching the A team 20 miles away.
    imageimage

UECKER - Sent to the stadium a month ago. Came back from Phoenix today. KEARNS - My first ST success this year.
    imageimage

Commissions

• Options
    The Ueker is cool, you got that from the stadium?
  • Options

<< <i>The Ueker is cool, you got that from the stadium? >>

I sent the card there during the offseason, they have been forwarding mail to him. He signed it and returned it from spring training in Phoenix.

Commissions

• Options

Commissions

• Options
    This is technically ttm, even though I paid for it. A few weeks ago I got a ROMLB signed by Don Larsen ttm, he sent along a price list for other items. When I saw he wanted forty bucks for this pic with his and Yogi's sig, I jumped on it.

• Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    that berra/larsen is a nice one and a great price
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    Very nice Larsen/Berra piece.

I mentioned Molina above. I just his along with Belliard yesterday.

Shane

• Options
    This is another recent TTM success that I really like. He is in his 90's.

Shane

• Options
    NY:

Thanks for posting... I enjoy seeing who signs at spring training, I'll have to get some out ASAP.
  • Options

<< <i>This is somewhat off topic but I am unable to locate addresses of two 1984 Chicago Cubs. First is Steve Lake who played with both the Cubs and Cards, Second is Richie Hebner who played all over. I think they called him the grave digger. If anyone can help I would appreciate it. Thanks >>

i was able to find steve but doesnt appear he is a good signer, here is the addy i have : 7402 N 177th Ave Waddell, AZ 85355-9320

richie appears to be a good signer: 6 Therault St Walpole, MA 02081
  • Options
    Another Mariner in the mailbox today.

• Options
    Back from Spring Training

imageimage

Commissions

• Options
    Nice Mussina and Snell! I am waiting on both of them myself.
  • Options
    Sure enough I got my Snell in the mail today, on the same a+g card. Still waiting on the Moose. My sprong training returns have been fewer so far then I hoped. I like sending to the retired guys because I see the percentages on SCN and I pretty much know who I am going to get.
  • Options
    I had an end to a bit of a drought today. I was very happy with both returns, but especially Mo.

• Options
    what is ttm and how is it done, send message please
  • Options
    TTM stands for through the mail. You send a card, ball, etc. to a player with a self adressed stamped envelope with a nice letter, and you hope they send it back. For modern players you can mail it to the player c/o the team, in these cases I sent them to the spring training adresses. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    The Desalvo is a spring training return, and the Rathman's are returns I had written off, I sent them to him in October, so I was pumped to see them.

• Options
    I sent this out a while ago, was happy to get it back. I remember back when he came up and went on fire, my brother was hoarding his rookie cards. Dennis was never a big collector, but he was convinced Maas was the next Mantle. Suffice it to say his interest in the hobby never made it past childhood.

• Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    My grandfather had these sealed cellophaned baseballs (that I know nothing about) but when my father passed away - I acquired these and decided - what the heck - lets see about Don autographing these - this is one with the auto (my brother has the other) and one sealed ball (which I assume was a stadium giveaway) thought I'd share....

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    Cool balls, I have one with the same inscriptions as the one on the left. Thats what prompted me to get the 8x10 on page 1, when I got the ball back, he had sent a pricelist for other items.
  • Options
    Technically not TTM but IP and free!!

- uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    Not sports but still pretty cool.

• Options
    I like the Blomberg's, is that from the White Plains show. That Sammy is sweet!!!
  • Options
    Bloomberg is from a "field of dreams" in Landisville PA - where I got to play ball with him and others last summer ... awesome time ...

- uncut

• Options
    pic added...image

- uncut

• Options
    Very cool swartz....I believe he was the first DH when the AL picked it up.
  • Options
    Nice autographs. Especially Mariano Riveria, he has a beautiful signature.
  • Options
    Very happy to add this one to the collection!
  • Options
    Waited a while for this one was happy to see it in the mailbox. I remember when he came up, a lot of people thought he was going to be one of the next great power hitters.
  • Options

<< <i>This is another recent TTM success that I really like. He is in his 90's.

image >>

Shane,

Congrats on those, they are beautiful!

Did you send them all in at the same time? Do they mind if you send them more then one? I have 2 of the same cards that I wante to send to be signed, do you think the guy would mind two of them at the same time?

Nice cards!!!!!!

Giovanni
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>This is another recent TTM success that I really like. He is in his 90's.

image >>

Shane,

Congrats on those, they are beautiful!

Did you send them all in at the same time? Do they mind if you send them more then one? I have 2 of the same cards that I wante to send to be signed, do you think the guy would mind two of them at the same time?

Nice cards!!!!!!

Giovanni >>

Two cards isn't out of the question but ultimately it's up to the player to decide what he will and won't sign.
  • Options
    I got a nice Ron Cey ttm
    I got it back in a week
  • Options
    leathtechleathtech Posts: 3,191
    Got these four over the past few weeks... Dirk gets my vote for worest auto!

• Options
    I like the Fouts, I think he is overlooked a lot when it comes to the great QB's.
  • Options

<< <i>Got these four over the past few weeks... Dirk gets my vote for worest auto!

image >>

But at least he signs. Current basketball player's are the worst when it comes to TTM auto's.
  • Options
    New addition today, I always liked Bubby!
  • Options
    I got this Sal Bando back today.
  • Options
    EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    A TTM project that I just started. Players who have been capped by the US National Team. Kyle has only been called in twice, but may get a few more with World Cup qualifying starting soon.

I know, nobody cares but me....

My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • Options
    I like the soccer addition, cool stuff.
  • Options
    Two more soccer TTMs,

Chris Rolfe, who has 6 caps total.

And Kerry Zavagnin, who hasn't been called to the US team much lately, but was an important part of 2002 and 2006 World Cup Qualifying. He has appeared 21 times for the US.

My LSU Autographs

• Options
    I got these back today.
  • Options
    Another soccer return, Jimmy Conrad.

Jimmy has appeared 24 times for the US, captaining the team, and scoring a goal against Mexico last year. Member of the '06 World Cup team....

My LSU Autographs

• Options
    I thought it was weird that Lidge signed over his face, cool return though.