Home Sports Talk
Options

Manny Ramirez......hires Scott BoreASS.

interesting....

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Manny being Manny, he has shown up this year with a great attitude and openly saying he wants to finish his career with Boston. Im not quite sure if it falls on the fact that the Sox have 9 or 10 million dollar options for 2009 and he did have a bad year last year but its great to see him be positive..
  • Options

<< <i>Manny has more than earned all the money that Boston has given him or will ever give him IMO. >>

Believe me I agree 100%, he has MORE than stepped up when it counts-he is a STUD in the World Series and Playoffs!

And my favorite Sox player image
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe Boston has options for both 2009 and 2010, so the Sox will likely see if last year was a fluke or if Manny's performance is truly dropping off and not worth the money.
  • Options

<< <i>Manny has more than earned all the money that Boston has given him or will ever give him IMO. >>

You can say the same thing about Schilling, but I would still rather see the team spend their money effeciently, but really can't make things any more interesting than they were with Mike Lowell this season. And that certainly wasn't very eventful
    Tom
  • Options
    they deserve each other, ones a lazy a*@ and the others just an a@#

• Options
    MANNY!!!!!!!!!
  • Options

<< <i>All that may be true but this is specifically a Manny thread in case you didn't bother reading the title. >>

In case you didn't notice Schilling and Ramirez contributions are somewhat comparable and Lowell and Ramirez now have the same agent so since you agree it is true, it was specifically about Manny in case you didn't bother reading
    Tom
  • Options
    I like twinkies.

And Manny Ramirez.

• Options
    Manny, the ball player Manny, is pure cawkiness. To stand and watch and admire a ball you just crushed (admittedly, the ball WONT be in play, but early on we are taught to run everything out...at least jog to first while watching it), is, well, insulting. I know this, as I go to about 70 games a year as my significant other has season tix for the Sox (sec 101, first base line....about 60 feet from where Tina Cervasio USED to hang out...man, she is gorgeous...child bearing hips, but just GORGEOUS!..anyway...). BUT, on pure baseball ability, and he can hit the ball like nobody's business, sure, he can CRUSH the ball, and he changed the outcome of countless games, and if he went to the Yanks, I'd LOVE him watching those balls leave the park, (but watching him trip on the sprinkler, play too shallow in his own park....can ya tell he's not my favorite guy??)...but why hire Boras NOW? He WONT see anything CLOSE to the money the Sox gave him. Does hiring Boras make him think he can get another mega-bucks deal? Hell, he's the 4th highest paid player NOW...and doesnt have his better years ahead of him. I dont see how hiring Boras can help him get close to what he's gonna want.

But, wait.....

Now that I think about it, why NOT hire Boras...HE's the one that got J.D. Drew 14 mil a year, making him the 19th highest paid player in the league!! J (freakin') D (freakin') DREW!!! But for that ONE swing of a bat, that guy would have been run out of town on a rail. So, I guess if he can get 14 mil for Drew.....Boras should be able to make Manny a few bucks, I guess.......I hate answering my own questions!!!
  • Options

<< <i>Manny, the ball player Manny, is pure cawkiness. To stand and watch and admire a ball you just crushed (admittedly, the ball WONT be in play, but early on we are taught to run everything out...at least jog to first while watching it), is, well, insulting. I know this, as I go to about 70 games a year as my significant other has season tix for the Sox (sec 101, first base line....about 60 feet from where Tina Cervasio USED to hang out...man, she is gorgeous...child bearing hips, but just GORGEOUS!..anyway...). BUT, on pure baseball ability, and he can hit the ball like nobody's business, sure, he can CRUSH the ball, and he changed the outcome of countless games, and if he went to the Yanks, I'd LOVE him watching those balls leave the park, (but watching him trip on the sprinkler, play too shallow in his own park....can ya tell he's not my favorite guy??)...but why hire Boras NOW? He WONT see anything CLOSE to the money the Sox gave him. Does hiring Boras make him think he can get another mega-bucks deal? Hell, he's the 4th highest paid player NOW...and doesnt have his better years ahead of him. I dont see how hiring Boras can help him get close to what he's gonna want.

But, wait.....

Now that I think about it, why NOT hire Boras...HE's the one that got J.D. Drew 14 mil a year, making him the 19th highest paid player in the league!! J (freakin') D (freakin') DREW!!! But for that ONE swing of a bat, that guy would have been run out of town on a rail. So, I guess if he can get 14 mil for Drew.....Boras should be able to make Manny a few bucks, I guess.......I hate answering my own questions!!! >>

I really enjoyed this rant! image I Love Manny but see your point in the first part and agree with the second part!
  • Options
    Lest we not forget how effective Scott Boras was at negotiating with the Yankees for Alex Rodriguez.

Scott Boras had no effect on getting Varitek a nice contract. The Red Sox were more then willing to do it because of who Jason is.

Boras got Drew the contract because the Red Sox were willing to give it to Drew.

Only Manny's numbers will get Manny the contract. I don't think Boras will have any effect.
    Manny will win or lose a new contract by his performance only.