Home Sports Talk
Options

Poll: Ten And Only Ten For The Hall of Fame

JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
What if each Hall of Fame for MLB, NFL, NBA and NHL could have only ten members at any given time. Voters would gather every year and submit their ballot for ten HOFers. And anyone is eligible; dead, alive, active, retired, player, coach, executive - it doesn't matter. After the voting takes place, all ballots are counted and the ten individuals receiving the most votes are in the HOF. Of course, some players, e.g. Babe Ruth would carry over and over, likely in perpetuity. But the 8th, 9th and 10th individual may change every couple or so years. Here's my ten for baseball and football:

1. Babe Ruth
2. Ty Cobb
3. Lou Gehrig
4. Ted Williams
5. Wilie Mays
6. Hank Aaron
7. Barry Bonds
8. Stan Musial
9. Walter Johnson
10. Christy Mathewson

1. Joe Montana
2. Jerry Rice
3. Jim Brown
4. Ronnie Lott
5. Lawrence Taylor
6. Barry Sanders
7. Reggie White
8. Steve Young
9. Bill Walsh
10. Vince Lombardi

What about NBA and NHL? - I don't care about those sports, so no list. But I' sure someone here does. And here's the best part. Who are the voters? Anyone and everyone. People may vote online and/or submit written ballots. Of course this idea is radical, but this is sports talk forum and anything goes!

/s/ JackWESQ

Comments

• Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    For baseball it would be

1. Hank Aaron
    2. Ted Williams
    3. Babe Ruth
    4. Ty Cobb
    5. Cy Young
    6. Willie Mays
    7. Honus Wagner
    8. Lou Gehrig
    9. Warren Spahn
    10. Johnny Bench
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    hmm.
    i think i would seriously consider the absolute best at each position...
    might leave some folks out in the cold.

but... i'd have to have the BEST Hitter, best slugger, best all around, best lefty, best righty....

my mind is spinning.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1-Willie Mays
    2-Ted Williams
    3-Lou Gehrig
    4-Babe Ruth
    5-Joe Dimaggio
    6-Christy Mathewson
    7-Warren Spahn
    8-Ty Cobb
    9-Hank Aaron
    10-Walter Johnson

1-Tom Brady
    2-Joe Montana
    3-Lawrence Taylor
    4-Jim Brown
    5-Barry Sanders
    6-Walter Payton
    7-Vince Lombardi
    8-Otto Graham
    9-Jerry Rice
    10-Don Hutson

1-Michael Jordan
    2-Wilt Chamberlain
    3-Larry Bird
    4-Bill Russell
    5-Magic Johnson
    6-Red Auerbach
    7-Shaq
    8-George Mikan
    9-John Havlicek
    10-John Stockton

1-Wayne Gretzky
    2-Gordie Howe
    3-Mario Lemeux
    4-Bobby Orr
    5-Mark Messier
    6-Patrick Roy
    7-Marcell Dionne
    8-Stan Mikita
    9-Brett Hull
    10-Ray Bourque
  • Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    Magic
    Bird
    Jordan
    Kareem
    Wilt
    Russell
    Oscar
    Shaq (upon retirement)
    Kobe (upon retirement)
    Aeurbach
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    estangestang Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭
    My magic ball says you're a niners fan...
    Enjoy your collection!
    Erik
  • Options
    Baseball in order their career began

Johnson
    Ruth
    Gibson
    Williams
    Musial
    Mantle
    Mays
    Aaron
    Bonds
    Clemens

Don't like leaving out Jackie Robinson, but in the end it had to come down to who was the better player and Musial was far better. Steroids were taken into account and the issue does knock Bonds down from the surefire top spot, but no way he cannot be seen as one of the four or five most deserving. Clemens was a tough choice, but the drug use of the modern athlete does not change what Cobb did and everything that Cobb did against weak competition was not enough to stand out further than what Clemens did against far superior competition

Football, in the order the names come to me
    Montana
    Favre
    Sanders
    Rice
    Unitas
    Taylor
    Brown
    Elway
    Hutson
    Munoz

Basketball, easiest list to come up with, in rough order from best to 10th best
    Jordan
    Johnson
    O'Neal
    Russell
    Chamberlain
    Bird
    Robertson
    Duncan
    Abdul-Jabbar
    Erving

Any other lists are wrong
    Tom
  • Options
    Baseball

1. Ruth
    2. Cobb
    3. Josh Gibson
    4. Ted Williams
    5. Aaron
    6. Paige
    7. Mays
    8. Koufax
    9. W. Johnson
    10. Clemente
  • Options
    wow, no Mantle, who I agree was not as great as most mentioned.

1. Ted Williams
    2. Babe Ruth
    3. Willie Mays
    4. Cy Young
    5. Walter Johnson
    6. Barry Bonds
    7. Hank Aaron
    8. Pete Rose, baby
    9. Ty Cobb
    10. Nolan Ryan
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny part of Tom's list is that Bonds & Clemens may not get voted in the actual HOF either, LOL.

And Maddux is more deserving than Clemens, too, at this point.

Gotta have Cobb in there somewhere, too.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭✭
    half the HOF 49ers? cmon.
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
    Baseball

Ted Williams
    Babe Ruth
    Willie Mays
    Johnny Bench
    Cy Young
    Ty Cobb
    Hank Aaron
    Stan Musial
    Honus Wagner
    Christy Mathewson

Football
    Jim Brown
    Joe Montana
    Walter Payton
    Jerry Rice
    Otto Graham
    Lawrence Taylor
    Don Hutson
    Barry Sanders
    Johnny Unitas
    Brett Favre
  • Options
    Now everyone go back and ask yourselves a few simple questions. How many of the players on your list were done playing before you were even born? How many are on your list that you have never even seen play? Are you putting them on your list because other people say they were good?
  • Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

<< <i>wow, no Mantle, who I agree was not as great as most mentioned.

1. Ted Williams
    2. Babe Ruth
    3. Willie Mays
    4. Cy Young
    5. Walter Johnson
    6. Barry Bonds
    7. Hank Aaron
    8. Pete Rose, baby
    9. Ty Cobb
    10. Nolan Ryan >>

I realize there will be some disagreement, but the inclusion of Ryan is a bad joke. He is not even the 10th best pitcher of all time.
  • Options
    i agree, Ryan doesnt deserve to be there. maybe top 30, not top 10
  • Options

<< <i>Now everyone go back and ask yourselves a few simple questions. How many of the players on your list were done playing before you were even born? How many are on your list that you have never even seen play? Are you putting them on your list because other people say they were good? >>

Exactly half of all the players I listed finished their career before I was born

In person, only one. On TV mostly all

They are on the list because I know how good they were from using any available sources, a combination of objective documentation from others and a good amount of subjective ideas that others have presented. If anyone relies heavily on other sources they most likely have very little understanding of the sports
    Tom
  • Options
    Ryan is questionable for top 100. I wouldn't have him that hight, but if someone else did it would be hard to find fault with it

I guess, though, it depends on criteria you use. If you give a lot of credit for being in Advil commercials and wearing a cowboy hat than he could move ahead of others who were better baseball players
    Tom
  • Options

<< <i>

1-Wayne Gretzky
    2-Gordie Howe
    3-Mario Lemeux
    4-Bobby Orr
    5-Mark Messier
    6-Patrick Roy
    7-Marcell Dionne
    8-Stan Mikita
    9-Brett Hull
    10-Ray Bourque >>

#'s 1,2,3,4 are locks on anybody's list.

Brodeur leads Roy on victories list. Sawchuck is right behind them.
    Messier has to compete with Rocket Richard for a spot.
    Bourque has to compete with Doug Harvey, Tim Horton, Dennis Potvin, and Larry Robinson.
    Brett Hull (I think you meant his dad), but if not, his dad would probably get in before him.
    Stan Mikita would have to compete with Guy Lafluer, Mike Bossy, Pocket Rocket (12 cups).

We also forgot guys like Georges Vezina, Howie Morenz, George Hainsworth, Vladislav Tretiak,
    and of course Jacques Plante. Not having Plante in the hall of fame would be a shame.

So my list would be..............

1. Gretzky ( the absolute best player ever in the sport)
    2. Lemieux ( the most gifted player skill wise in the game ever. health issues prevented him from even bigger numbers)
    3. Orr (dominated his era like no other player did in hockey)
    4. Howe (great player, but not in the class of the top 3 IMO.)
    5. Martin Broduer (most wins ever by a goalie) but Plante, Sawchuck, Roy, Hainsworth, Vezina, Worsley, and Glen Hall are deserving too.
    6. Plante ( the hall just wouldn't be the same without him)
    7. Maurice Richard (what he meant to the sport of hockey can not be overlooked, most dominant forward of his time)
    8. Bobby Hull (revolutionized the game with his shot, added popularity to the sport like a Joe Namath)
    9. Terry Sawchuck (a personal favorite), but the other goalies are just as deserving
    10. Herb Brooks (what happened in 1980 at Lake Placid was the greatest upset ever in the history of sports, ever. Herb Brooks
    picked some good hockey players, picked some marginal players who had guts, and left the pretty boys at home. He orchestrated the
    greatest upset in the history of hockey. That same Russian team beat the NHL all stars in a 3 game series, the final game being
    6-1 at MSG. They skated circles around team Canada in game 3. I remember watching it)
  • Options
    Jim Creighton
    King Kelly
    Ty Cobb
    Babe Ruth
    Ted Williams
    Mickey Mantle
    Mike Schmidt
    Barry Bonds

Walter Johnson
    Roger Clemens

This is the Hall of FAME, so it isn't necesarily the best(like per career value). If it were based purely on the best, then all your lists that are dominated from players from the Pre War era wouldn't be on there. They are on there because they played in an era condusive to dominating their peers and putting up large numbers, NOT because they were better than more competitive era's where star players didn't have that luxury of LOOKING better than they actually were.

This Hall of Fame basically represents the goliath from each era, in sort of a passing the torch order. Yes, Mantle was THE goliath in his prime(not Mays nor Aaron).

Jim Creighton was the Babe Ruth of 1860. His story is waiting for Hollywood!

Yes, I am not looking at steroids. Part of me say they are cheaters. The other part says 90% of the guys they played against were too, so why even bother to discern...and they were so far ahead of the other cheaters that it is hard to ignore (Bonds, Clemens...especially Bonds)

It doesn't make much sense to simply ignore post 1960 players, or Pe 1900 players, as the other lists have done, so these guys are given thier just due.
  • Options
    BASEBALL
    1. Babe Ruth
    2. Ted Williams
    3. Lou Gehrig
    4. Ty Cobb
    5. Wilie Mays
    6. Hank Aaron
    7. Cy Young
    8. Pete Rose
    9. Mickey Mantle
    10. Gary Carter

mike

• Options

<< <i>While Mays, Aaron, and Musial might have had "better careers", NONE of them were as good as Mickey Mantle. I honestly believe Mantle may have been THE most talented player to EVER play

<< <i>

?

<< <i>and I think he would be putting up ARod numbers today (clean without steroids), if he were healthy.

<< <i>

Wouldn't this mean you think Rodriguez recieves the least respect of anyone?
    Tom
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    1st base..........Gerhig
    2nd Base........Hornsby
    SS..................Wagner
    3B.................Schmidt
    C..................Berra/Cochrane Tie
    OF.................Ruth
    OF.................Dimaggio/Williams Tie
    OF................Mays
    P...................Young
    MGR................Mack

My list and I am sticking with it.

Good for you.
  • Options
    dallasactuarydallasactuary Posts: 4,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cy Young
    Ty Cobb
    Babe Ruth
    Walter Johnson
    Lou Gehrig
    Stan Musial
    Ted Williams
    Mickey Mantle
    Willie Mays
    Mike Schmidt

That's who I'd put in on the first ballot; since they can rotate every year, I'd vote for Honus Wagner, Lefty Grove, Jackie Robinson, Hank Aaron and Tom Seaver every once in a while instead of Young, Cobb, Gehrig, Musial and Mantle.

This is for you @thisistheshow - Jim Rice was actually a pretty good player.
  • Options
    Basketball...

-Jordan (a lock)
    -Chamberlain (lock)
    -Russell (lock)
    -Magic
    -Bird

I dont know if I'd be so quick to put Shaq on the list, at least ahead of Jabbar. "Only" one 1 mvp award, "only" 4 rings, which are great. Compared to Jabbar, 6 rings, 6 mvp's, all time leading scorer. Thats a tough one.

I think Jabbar has to be on that list somewhere.

Karl Malone is a tough one.

The problem with the rest of them (the 50 greatest players of all time), alot of them never won rings, Barkley, Stockton. The problem with Mikan is that he played before the shot clock, that wasn't the same sport as it is today.

I guess the bottom 5, Jabbar, Shaq, O Robertson, K Malone, Dr J.
  • Options

<< <i>1st base..........Gerhig
    2nd Base........Hornsby
    OF.................Ruth
    OF................Mays
    MGR................Mack

My list and I am sticking with it. >>

I like this list the best. I'd go with Williams over Dimaggio. I'd have to consider J. Bench also. Can we have Ty Cobb DH ?
  • Options
    dallasactuarydallasactuary Posts: 4,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>1st base..........Gerhig
    2nd Base........Hornsby
    OF.................Ruth
    OF................Mays
    MGR................Mack

My list and I am sticking with it. >>

I thought about whether 1 player per position was the way to go, and if it is then I like your list. But Cochrane? What's he got on Bench?
    This is for you @thisistheshow - Jim Rice was actually a pretty good player.
  • Options
    Mickey Mantle "BETTER" than Mays, Musial AND Aaron?

You ARE kidding, correct?

• Options
    Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
    I agree on Bench. I definitely put him over Berra/Cochrane.
  • Options
    1st base..........Gerhig
    2nd Base........Hornsby
    C..................Berra/Bench tough one....
    OF.................Ruth
    OF.................Williams
    OF................Mays

DH GHerig image
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    BB

Biggio, Bagwell, Ryan, a little love for Joe Morgan, and then Berkman eventually.

FB

Earl Campbell, Bruce Mathews, Mike Munchak, Elvin Bethea, and Moon

BB

Hakeem Olajuwon, Clyde Drexler, Clavin Murphy, and Moses Malone

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Insert Homer Simpson photo here image
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options

<< <i>half the HOF 49ers? cmon. >>

I agree...The list should read something like:

Roger Staubach
    Emmitt Smith
    Bob Lilly
    Randy White
    Tony Dorsett
    Troy Aikman
    Rayfield Wright
    Walter Payton
    Bob Hayes
    Michael Irvin

Collecting:
    Dallas Cowboys
    SuperBowl MVPs
    Heisman Trophy Winers
  • Options
    jaxxrjaxxr Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    I am always amazed by the lack of credit some give to the early baseball stars.

Not those who played under very different rules, as prior to 1901, but those who toiled roughly 1901 to 1940. A different time for sure, less pampered athletes, a time when the population was very less made up of minorities by percentage, even though some made it into the majors, under questionable identity. It is known there were separate Negro leagues, and even a Pacific Coast league, which took away some major league talent, however, the competition for professional sports income was VERY much exclusive, via team sports, for baseball. The level of competition and true intensity of play is not bettered by any later time frame.

Lefty Grove and Walter Johnson have the very best adjusted career ERA+ of all past pitchers. The ERA + number (raw), a very good indicator of a hurler's worth, is then adjusted by true baseball experts who factor in time era, ballparks, competition, Etc., and rate them as the best starting hurlers ever.
    Some narrow-minded, short-sighted fans somehow percieve this to merely LOOKING good, while that is far from the truth.
    This aint no party,... this aint no disco,.. this aint no fooling around.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>wow, no Mantle, who I agree was not as great as most mentioned.

1. Ted Williams
    2. Babe Ruth
    3. Willie Mays
    4. Cy Young
    5. Walter Johnson
    6. Barry Bonds
    7. Hank Aaron
    8. Pete Rose, baby
    9. Ty Cobb
    10. Nolan Ryan >>

I realize there will be some disagreement, but the inclusion of Ryan is a bad joke. He is not even the 10th best pitcher of all time. >>

I put him in for the k's and nh's.
  • Options

<< <i>but those who toiled roughly 1901 to 1940 >>

Most all the lists have either four of five players from those years. Given that post 1940 cosists of far more years, this seems to show virtually equal credit is being given.

<< <i>the competition for professional sports income was VERY much exclusive, via team sports, for baseball. The level of competition and true intensity of play is not bettered by any later time frame. >>

Greater number of athletes to choose from, or athletes far more aware of how to improve performance? Most of the time I'll take the latter. Track-and-field and swimming and weightlifting and such have all had popularity shift several times over the years yet elite performances as measured objectively always trend upwards

Now consider that the players from the 40s and 50s, started their athletic careers without other sports to pull athletes away from baseball, along with less competition from

Pedro Martinez has the highest career ERA+; after 3900 innings Clemens had an ERA+ higher than Grove's. A high ERA+ is far more than merely looking good, but some narrow-minded, short-sighted fans somehow percieve this one integer as being an absolute measure of a pitchers overall ability and worth
    Tom
  • Options

Johnson
    Ruth
    Gibson
    Williams
    Clemente
    Young
    Mays
    Aaron
    Gehrig
    Mathewson

Football, in the order the names come to me

Brown
    Montana
    Favre
    Sanders
    Rice
    Taylor
    Mean Joe Green
    Cambell
    Lott
    Payton

Basketball

Jordan
    Johnson
    Akeem
    Russell
    Chamberlain
    Bird
    Robertson
    Duncan
    Abdul-Jabbar
    Erving
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>half the HOF 49ers? cmon. >>

I agree...The list should read something like:

Roger Staubach
    Emmitt Smith
    Bob Lilly
    Randy White
    Tony Dorsett
    Troy Aikman
    Rayfield Wright
    Walter Payton
    Bob Hayes
    Michael Irvin

image >>

Collecting Dallas Cowboys Rookies and Team Sets 1960-1989
  • Options
    Roger Clemens is NOT higher in career adjusted ERA +, than Lefty Grove

Rank Player (age) Adjusted ERA+ Throws
    1. Pedro Martinez (35) 161 R
    2. Lefty Grove+* 148 L
    3. Walter Johnson+ 147 R
    4. Dan Quisenberry 146 R
    Ed Walsh+ 146 R
    Hoyt Wilhelm+ 146 R
    Joe Wood 146 R
    8. Brandon Webb (28) 144 R
    9. Roger Clemens (44) 143 R
    Roy Oswalt (29) 143 R

The list includes Pedro, a truly great pitcher, and several other ACTIVE players ( Clemens might finally be retired now, as well ) I try to never include an active palyer in any all-time list, their stats are not final, they may still do better or worse, but why not wait until they are done posting their numbers.

Adjusted ERA + may be the best single stat in evaluation of a pitcher's performance, but by no means is it the only way to do so, things like Walter Johnson's shutout total and Grove's winning percentage for a 300 game winner, are quite remarkable too.
  • Options
    I was slightly mistaken, after 3900 innings Clemens had an ERA+ of 143, slightly less than Grove. He then went on to pitch five more full seasons, 2002-06, where he did a lot to help his team (and that is why Pedro Martinez probably won't be among the best pitchers in history even if his ERA+ is far ahead of them). Of course Johnson's innings pitched and ERA+ is even better than Clemens, but when their careers were so far apart and they both dominated so fully it is hard to see one as truly superior to the other. And that is most certainly not taking away credit to the earlier player

<< <i>The list includes Pedro, a truly great pitcher, and several other ACTIVE players ( Clemens might finally be retired now, as well ) I try to never include an active palyer in any all-time list, their stats are not final, they may still do better or worse, but why not wait until they are done posting their numbers. >>

Imagine if Martinez doesn't retire and pitches at a league average level until he is 60 and his ERA+ drops to 130? Would doing things to help his team win games really lower his place in history?

<< <i>Adjusted ERA + may be the best single stat in evaluation of a pitcher's performance, but by no means is it the only way to do so, things like Walter Johnson's shutout total and Grove's winning percentage for a 300 game winner, are quite remarkable too. >>

Or Clemens leading the league in ERA+ eight times and being among the leagues top ten 15 times. Or Seaver's amazing wins above team. And to say those four represent the best pitchers in Major League history is giving a lot of credit to early 20th century players
    Tom
  • Options
    TomGshotput,

You are wasting your time trying to show jaxxr how to understand ERA+ and how a short career affects it, and ultimately a players runs value. I don't think he is exactly the sharpest tool in the shed.

Thank goodness people with sense don't listen to his reasoning. Thank goodness Brandon Webb doesn't listen to his reasoning...because if he did, he would retire right now and be the eigth best pitcher ever.

Your Roger Clemens example in his first X amount of innings, and his subsequent helpful innings is spot on. It however will not be understood by the gentleman you are engaging in a debate with.

He has just as hard a time understanding OPS+ and how a short career, and/or platoon at bats affects it.

The inability to comprehend even the most basic concepts is what you are going to run into if you continue.

My suggestion is to just move on.
  • Options

<< <i>TomGshotput,

You are wasting your time trying to show jaxxr how to understand ERA+ and how a short career affects it, and ultimately a players runs value. I don't think he is exactly the sharpest tool in the shed.

Thank goodness people with sense don't listen to his reasoning. Thank goodness Brandon Webb doesn't listen to his reasoning...because if he did, he would retire right now and be the eigth best pitcher ever.

Your Roger Clemens example in his first X amount of innings, and his subsequent helpful innings is spot on. It however will not be understood by the gentleman you are engaging in a debate with.

He has just as hard a time understanding OPS+ and how a short career, and/or platoon at bats affects it.

The inability to comprehend even the most basic concepts is what you are going to run into if you continue.

My suggestion is to just move on. >>

Pot, kettle...
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    My Basketball list using the criteria set forth by JACKWESQ at the start of this thread "And anyone is eligible; dead, alive, active, retired, player, coach, executive - it doesn't matter."

Jordan
    Chamberlain
    Abdul-Jabbar
    Robertson
    Bird
    Magic
    Shaq
    Russell
    Duncan
    West
  • Options
    Hoopster, or whatever your new name might currenty be.....

I am sure many posters are quite capable of forming their own opinions of what is truly important/revalent in baseball player evaluation.

You have your own , many quite narrow-minded ideas, however others can see the meaning of stats, and probably combine them with years played, walks gotten, time era adjustment, and so forth, and make their own minds up, without your help.

I know it is perhaps hard to accept others may not agree with you, but try to understand, we all have our own frames of reference and values, some may not be the same as yours. Different opinions are not a poision, as you often percieve, merely a alternate view.

Try to lighten up a bit, maybe have a drink or two, and relax, baseball performance is NOT that big a deal.
  • Options
    Stown, first you need to get off your knees, wipe the Clemens man juice off your chin, stop living your life through your heroes, and then listen to the response to your post.

If your Pot meet kettle response is in reference to me NEVER accepting the voice of fools and morons that don't have a tinby bit of logic in their brain, then I guess it applies and is accurate. If it implies anything else, then I guess it shows your lack of understanding and solidifies the ignorant fool stamp that you have put on yourself with your numerous other posts(especially regarding Clemens).

Stown, you need to dig deeper in the Clemens defense department, as it is only getting worse. I just hope that he never goes to jail, because I fear that you may committ suicide if he does.

Yes, I do not accept the voice of biased fanatics, especially when they are working with a first grade level of knowledge on the subjects they engage.

Yeah, I went there.

Go buy some more friends. Then please tell us when your second sexual experience of your life happens, being that you recently were so eager to post about your first sexual experience that occured just a few weeks ago...and your first girlfriend. The bragging of both were tell tale of a first timer.

Yeah, I am back. Screw Mr. Nice guy.
  • Options
    Was that really necessary?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    "Yeah, I am back. Screw Mr. Nice guy."

Um, was Mr. Nice Guy ever here to begin with? LOL
  • Options
    Steve,

I posted an ordinary post in here, and then one guy stirred the pot...and then the last american virgin jumped in to add his two cents(or nonsense).

When you pull on a dog's tail, you usually get bit. Necessary? No, but I like the taste.

And Jaxxr, the only narrow mindedness I have is toward analysis that is wrought with bias, inconsistencies, misinformation, ignorance, and lacking of validity. Yes, I am guilty of narrow mindedness.

I totally understand that everyone comes from a different perspecitve and background of knowledge...but when one bases his conclusiosn on knowledge that is equivalent to a first grader, what matter is their 'opinion' then? Luckily in this realm those type of conclusions from poor a knowledge background is harmless, and is only merely irritating.

Oh, and if you are to tell me to lighten up a bit, and not treat idiocy as poison, then why would you start out with calling somebody else narrow minded? Would you not need to lighten up then? Certainly you need to read more, but maybe lighten up too.
  • Options

<< <i>Stown, first you need to get off your knees, wipe the Clemens man juice off your chin, stop living your life through your heroes, and then listen to the response to your post.

If your Pot meet kettle response is in reference to me NEVER accepting the voice of fools and morons that don't have a tinby bit of logic in their brain, then I guess it applies and is accurate. If it implies anything else, then I guess it shows your lack of understanding and solidifies the ignorant fool stamp that you have put on yourself with your numerous other posts(especially regarding Clemens).

Stown, you need to dig deeper in the Clemens defense department, as it is only getting worse. I just hope that he never goes to jail, because I fear that you may committ suicide if he does.

Yes, I do not accept the voice of biased fanatics, especially when they are working with a first grade level of knowledge on the subjects they engage.

Yeah, I went there.

Go buy some more friends. Then please tell us when your second sexual experience of your life happens, being that you recently were so eager to post about your first sexual experience that occured just a few weeks ago...and your first girlfriend. The bragging of both were tell tale of a first timer.

Yeah, I am back. Screw Mr. Nice guy. >>

: yawn :
  • Options
    That is all fine and dandy Skip, however the thread reads:

Poll: Ten and only Ten for the Hall of Fame.

Diatribes not welcome.

;-)

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Due to popular demand, I'll respond to skiny's drunken rant.

1) Your infatuation with men having man juice drip from their chin says a lot about your secret closet inhibitions. If you come out, bet you wouldn't have so much hostility.

2) People were having a civil debate until you added your derogtory two cents. This thread was fun since most responses were tongue-in-cheek but of course, and as usual, you had to ruin it.

3) Yes, I do share my sexual adventures here; always have, always will. It's called shooting the poo with the guys, which is obviously something you have never participated in. It's not my fault you got stuck with a token old hag, which most likely and understandably left your sorry rear many, many moons ago.

4) And yes, I do participate in give-a-ways and send some people birthday gifts. It's called giving back to the community; which is something a selfish jerk like yourself wouldn't understand. Or perhaps you can't afford doing something like that... Probably a combination of the two, now thinking about it.

5) If you can't see my sarcastic, exaggerating, over-the-top, blind Homerism is all done as a running joke, then my original observation about you is proven to be fact. You're an airhead, plain and simple.

In conclusion, everyone can see how this all transpired.. I simply said "Pot, kettle..." because you flamed a poster for no reason other than to make yourself feel better. Which in response, you banged your head in frustration.

Do yourself and everyone here a huge favor, seek psychological help immediately.

The end.
  • Options
    Stown, the sexual stuff is just some needling I am giving to you, I thought you could handle it...but come on, I don't think anybody will believe that you were joking on the Clemens stuff. You fought very hard on his behalf. I think you are back tracking quite a bit now when you say it was a running joke. Sure, maybe a slim portion of it was, but you have to be kidding yourself on that.

You probably should have just left the yawn as your response.

For the record, jaxxr flamed me with the narrow minded comment that was directed towards me. That dude isn't exactly all there, and is more than a few ounces short of a pound.

Stown...keep us posted when your second sexual experience occurs. You can shoot all the poo you want about it.

Stown, you have no idea what I do or don't do in giving back to the community. No, not this community, but the greater community. As evidenced by your post count and mine, it is pretty clear how much time is spent on the computer. I have a life outside cards and message board posting.