Home Metal Detecting
Options

OK, so it's a little lame of me to overstate the obvious, but...

lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
... Kirsten Gum on that Travel Channel TH-ing show is sizzlin' hot.

A little annoyingly over-the-top sometimes, as is the show itself, but overall, I gotta say it's a good show, and she is definitely easy on the eyesight. I just saw the one where they were relic hunting in CT. Didj'all see that? Good episode. They hyperinflated the dollar values of the finds, but the finds were real and not planted, as best I could tell. Cool stuff.

I don't think I would want Kirsten along, though. She's a bit too noisy and... well... I hate to admit it, but if I were relic hunting in the woods with her nearby, I'd probably get distracted and walk into a tree or fall down an old well or something. (Actually, it looks like she almost did the latter, herself, in this episode I just saw).

Awesome finds, and she's got a real...

treasure chest.

(Man, that was awful. I know.)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• Options
    treasure chest....boy, you don't get out much do ya?...hee hee hee!....good show but i couldn't stand her asking "how much is this worth" every other minute....the real value of the treasure comes from holding an item last held by a colonist trying to make his way in this new and untamed land, and imagining the possibilities....hh
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options

I just love watching women get dirty...
  • Options
    davbecdavbec Posts: 321 ✭✭
    Your right LM. There is something cute goin on with her. My wife always gives me a punch on the arm cause I'll say something about Kirsten
    while watching the show. My defense to my wife is, well then why dont you come treasure hunting with me.
    It's all fun.
  • Options
    crispycrispy Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

<< <i>...but i couldn't stand her asking "how much is this worth" every other minute....the real value of the treasure comes from holding an item last held by a colonist trying to make his way in this new and untamed land, and imagining the possibilities....hh >>

This is what draws me to metal detecting - the history. When people call it "treasure hunting", it admittingly bothers me. Now, so at to not hijack Lord's thread, yes I find her attractive and I think she definately dresses to accentuate her physical attributes. Yep, she's a cutie!

"to you, a hero is some kind of weird sandwich..."
  • Options
    ???

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options
    I watched the show too..It was very entertaining and you guys are right...she ain't bad on the eyes...It sure shed a good light on us MD'ers and overall was a positive thing...I only WISH I could go do that.
  • Options

<< <i>I watched the show too..It was very entertaining and you guys are right...she ain't bad on the eyes...It sure shed a good light on us MD'ers and overall was a positive thing...I only WISH I could go do that. >>

i agree with you mdawg, it shed a good light on us md'ers....as for those gnrs hunts, i too would like to participate someday...my wife said i should too....now that i have her permission, hee hee hee, that's the hard part, i might try and sign up....i'm not sure what the process is ? lottery, first come first served, but i'm gonna look into it and see what happens...i'll keep ya posted....hh'
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All lascivious commentary aside, I gotta say, I really envy her job.

Can you think of any job that would be cooler to have than hers? I'd be hard-pressed to come up with any.

I wonder if the finds she makes while in the field are part of her compensation.

Man, I'd do her job for free. Or for expenses, anyway.

But y'all wouldn't wanna watch me- I ain't nearly so nice to look at, physically. That's one reason I've not made the leap to YouTube and video for my Digger's Diary stories- I think I'll stay in print. I reckon I write a lot better than I look.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options

<< <i> agree with you mdawg, it shed a good light on us md'ers....as for those gnrs hunts, i too would like to participate someday...my wife said i should too....now that i have her permission, hee hee hee, that's the hard part, i might try and sign up....i'm not sure what the process is ? lottery, first come first served, but i'm gonna look into it and see what happens...i'll keep ya posted....hh' >>

You can sign up for the hunts on the Treasure Depot....You first pick a team you want to be on, you have to use the detector that is for that team...In other words, you can't sign up for the Whites team and use a Garrett detector...Makes sense. It is too late for 2008, but this is where you will for the next one.

GNRS Hunt

It's done with a lottery drawing. You sign up, and are given a number, then a random number generator is used to select the numbers. There are 19 people chosen, with the remainder names being alternates......

Too late for this year, but be ready for next year!
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that is a cool idea... Th'ing for fun and pleasure.... (and you know which is which)... I may have to check that out... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭
    Kirsten Gum Biography
    As a biography, Kirsten Gum was born in Alaska, but currently lives in Los Angeles. Kirsten began her broadcasting career at age 23 in Jefferson City, Missouri. She quickly moved up the ranks, stopping briefly in North Carolina to be named the sexiest woman in Charlotte … twice.

In 2003, Gum was a part of the Outdoor Life Network’s Tour de France coverage team. A cyclist herself, Kirsten completed the “Beast of the East” in October 2005, a 400-mile adventure race in Virginia. Her team’s second place finish earned her spot in the 450-mile Expedition Adventure Race in Moab, Utah.

Gum has also performed sportscasting duties for Nascar, ESPN’s Great Outdoor Games, the PBR World Championships, world Cup Skiing, and the Dakar Rally, a 3-week off-road race through Africa.

All of these experiences have certainly helped prepare Kirsten for her hosting duties on “Cash and Treasures”. On the show, Kirsten takes viewers to publicly accessible locations to search for valuables like lost relics and buried jewels.

Despite her latest hosting gig, Kirsten gained the most attention on her stint with the Tour de France, with speculators discussing everything from her breast size to her boyfriend status. Some viewers thought the telecaster had had some “work” done to her chest size, while others assumed it was only related to weight gain. Real or not, the viewers love her, with one commenting,

“saying she is very pretty is like saying the sears tower is a tall building.”

• Options
    DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭
    Last years host becky Worley was no slouch either.

The bottle digging show was particularly "interesting"
  • Options

<< <i>???

Jerry >>

Who is this? Is this a man? I see it says Kirsten Gum but it sure don't look like a woman.
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • Options
    Definitely could make relic hunting a tad more interesting.... image Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Looks suspiciously like a photoshopped John Kerry...
    Who lusts for silver? I lust for gold.
  • Options
    Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    image >>

would love to check her for ticksimage

Jim
    Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • Options
    LOL, I just read this thread and the only pictures left are the scary Kerry looking pictures and a bunch of red X's. I like that show too, but this thread needs something sizzling to go with the descriptions!
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Options

what a smile!
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    That picture has FUN written all over it... image Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    hmmmmmmm