Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1982 Topps Blackless

Is this Blackless Cards? or Just a PSA mislabel?

eBay 1

eBay 2

eBay 3

Comments

• Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    not blackless

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭
    None of those are blackless--they're all PSA mistakes.
  • Options

<< <i>Is this Blackless Cards? or Just a PSA mislabel?

eBay 1

eBay 2

eBay 3 >>

It looks like all 3 are blackless. I don't think PSA would make 3 mistakes on that same seller. Hope that helps! image

Giovanni
  • Options
    It's hard for them to be blackless when the black IS there...
    WTB:
    CINCINNATI REDS
    1976 - 1991 - Topps PSA 10
    1983 & 1985 Fleer PSA 10
    1985 Donruss PSA 10
    Blue Ink Signed Topps Cards
    Game-Used Bats/Jerseys
    OPC PSA 10
    MC & OC Cards

OTHER:
    Eric Davis Anything
    Votto, Willingham, Cantu, Doumit, Gomes
    Baron Davis Game Used Jersey
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    why would they not say blank back??- instead of blackless- like they missed that color or something of the printing plate-strange? i see black in both of them-esp the one thats not rose
  • Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭
    If memory serves me correctly, the blackless cards are the regular issue cards easily noticible without the facsmile autograph. The in action cards were not printed with the facsmile autograph and cannot be considered blackless (note the black border around the pictures). PSA mislabeled them and the seller is deceiving the buyers claiming they are the blackless versions when they are not.
    Bob
    ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725

<< <i>

<< <i>Is this Blackless Cards? or Just a PSA mislabel?

eBay 1

eBay 2

eBay 3 >>

It looks like all 3 are blackless. I don't think PSA would make 3 mistakes on that same seller. Hope that helps! image

Giovanni >>

They would if the submitter thought they were blackless and put it on the submission form and then got a grader that didn't know any better.
  • Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭
    I agree with Bob.
    Black border around the picture = not a blackless version.
    The IA cards don't have the auto, so It's prob. just an inexperienced grader.
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭

<< <i>They would if the submitter thought they were blackless and put it on the submission form and then got a grader that didn't know any better >>

Bingo!
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    metalmikemetalmike Posts: 2,152 ✭✭
    This is just an opinion, informed but my opinion. After all the hoopla concerning the 1979 Topps Wills variations and the at least 3 printings of 1981 Fleer- check any vintage price guide for details, It is my opinion that someone at the printer/s for 1982 Topps backdoored a bunch of "error" cards that year. The "variations" from then are cool but I would not pay a premium for ANY of these. Beware ANY 1982 Ripken "errors" except for miscuts and even then................Mike
    USN 1977-1987 * ALL cards are commons unless auto'd. Buying Britneycards. NWO for life.
  • Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    is there "intent" on seller's part to deceive or is seller blind to the fact too baby?

don't believe the hype
    j
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    I sent them an offer of 10 bucks, I want the card for my error flip collection.
    USN 1977-1987 * ALL cards are commons unless auto'd. Buying Britneycards. NWO for life.
  • Options
    bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It is my opinion that someone at the printer/s for 1982 Topps backdoored a bunch of "error" cards that year. >>

...except for the fact that '82 Blackless were found in packs.
  • Options
    I won the Rose for my PSA bad flip collection!
  • Options
  • Options
    This a courtesy note to collectors that have bid on or won the mislabeled 82 Topps Reggie Jackson AS and Brett AS psa graded cards listed on ebay as blackless over the weekend-these are not blackless cards. Regarding 82 Topps blackless all star cards the players name (which is in black at the bottom of the card on regular issue 82's) should be missing, as should the thin line that surrounds the picture.
  • Options
    ICE9ICE9 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭
    wow...gio, metalmike, rube...feels like a time vortex
    "Must these Englishmen Live That I Might Die? Must They Live That I Might Die?" - The Blue Oyster Cult
  • Options
    slantycouchslantycouch Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭
    This price seems a little ridic, but I don't think I've ever seen a PSA 10 blackless before:

Link

(not my auction)
  • Options
    richtreerichtree Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭
    I have at least 50 graded blackless cards that I am selling off.

IF anyone wants any please PM me or email me.

I was slowly listing everything on ebay, but would like to avoid the fees.

Off the top of my head I have 2 pete rose blackless, winfield, fernando, and some decent players.

most are psa 8s and 9s.

thanks
    Buying:
    Topps White Out (silver) letters Alex Gordon
    80 Topps Greg Pryor “No Name"
    90 ProSet Dexter Manley error
    90 Topps Jeff King Yellow back
    1958 Topps Pancho Herrera (no“a”)
    81 Topps Art Howe (black smear above hat)
    91 D A. Hawkins BC-12 “Pitcher”
  • Options
    Hi Rich, pls send me a list of what you have and the prices for each. Thanks-Steve
  • Options

<< <i>Hi Rich, pls send me a list of what you have and the prices for each. Thanks-Steve >>

willl do
    Buying:
  • Options
    slantycouchslantycouch Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭
    Do you have any 10's? Am I right in thinking that's pretty rare, or do I just not know enough about these bad boys?
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Linky-Doo

I wonder how many of these PSA has graded incorrectly, like this Rose IA, which is not blackless. There was a 1982 PSA 10 Schmidt card [from 4SC] that was improperly listed as Blackless.

m
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    I must say I have over 40 graded, and they didn't mess up any of mine...

I think it is all of the older ones, when the staff (and public) was not educated properly on what was a blackless card.

Especially on the IA and AS cards..
    Buying:
  • Options
    A lot of folks still don't know what these cards look like unfortunately. What gets me is when you point out to a seller that the card they are selling isn't blackless, and they ignore the helpful info, and keep the listing active-then an unknowing buyer overpays for a card that isn't blackless.
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any thoughts on grade for this one and what it might be worth once slabbed? It's currently a Pop 1 in all grades w/ a PSA8 as the only example.
    I thought I was paying attention when going through my 82 sets looking for gradeables, but looks like I need to make another run through them to see if I missed any others.
  • Options
    olb31olb31 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    at least a 9, maybe a 10.
    Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • Options
    mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭
    6.5..top right corner looks dinged..if not...7.5
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    olb31 guessed correctly.

• Options
    saucywombatsaucywombat Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: LarkinCollector
    olb31 guessed correctly.

Congrats
    Always looking for 1993-1999 Baseball Finest Refractors and1994 Football Finest Refractors.
    saucywombat@hotmail.com