Home Metal Detecting
Options

2nd Silver Coin!

I got a bigfoot coil for my DFX the other day and finally got it to where i want it. I went back and hit the old lodge that I have been working for several weeks now. I hit an area that I had hit really hard and within 10 minutes had found a 1953 D Silver Quarter! My second silver ever!! I'll post pics later!
Todd

Comments

• Options
    You're on a roll Todd, don't stop now!
    Be Still and Know
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah yes.... the stream is a-flowing now.... next find a Morgan?? (heart attack time - image ) Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    nice find!....dime first, quarter second, we'll be expecting a silver half within a couple o weeks then....good luck.....hh
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Way to go!

<< <i>I hit an area that I had hit really hard and within 10 minutes had found a 1953 D Silver Quarter >>

I hope you are keeping a log of all your finds, they are a blast to read through years later and like you said above sometimes if you go back to one of your earlier sites after a few years of experience where you did find some older stuff you might be shocked at the stuff you pull out of your already hunted out spot (I speak from experience on this one). It takes time to develope your technique and learn to how your machine communicates with you. The finds you are digging means you are doing something right and it will only get better as time goes on. Now where is that Franklin or Walking Liberty half hiding at out there?

HH and keep it up!
    Rick
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Freedom is a well armed lamb contesting that vote. Benjamin Franklin - 1779

1836 Capped Liberty
    dime. My oldest US
    detecting find so far.
    I dig almost every
    signal I get for the most
    part. Go figure...
  • Options
    crispycrispy Posts: 792 ✭✭✭
    Way to go!!

Was it very deep or more a product of covering a larger area with the bigfoot coil?
    "to you, a hero is some kind of weird sandwich..."
  • Options
    ASUtoddASUtodd Posts: 1,312 ✭✭
    5 inches but the bigfoot found it. I bet I have swept a coil over that area about 100 times. I searched it pretty good but I guess I was more careless than I thought.
    Todd
  • Options
    Congrats Todd......Keep it up!
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, well. I can see I have missed some excitement in my absence, and while I've been layin' low and doing no digging or no Internetting, some folks have been busy!

WTG! image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    ASUtoddASUtodd Posts: 1,312 ✭✭
    Yeah well it'll take more then Washington and Rossie silvers to get me a plaque... Not sure I'll ever find anything that can top some of the other's finds. I am finding civil war bullets still so that may win me something one month... image
    Todd
  • Options
    Todd...I'd swap civil war bullets any day for Merc dimes.. image
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're about equal in my book (Civil War bullets and Merc dimes, that is).

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    OmegaOmega Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭
    Congrats Todd. Just dreaming of Spring up here. -10 when I left for work this morning...
  • Options
    Very nice Todd. The silver will keep showing up now--you got the first one under your belt and in no time, you find your second one. Now you will get the desire to dig older and more variety of coins--barbers, standing liberty, mercs, etc.

Speer34

imageimageimage