Home Metal Detecting
Options

Got a bigfoot for my DFX

Well I finally came across a bigfoot coil for my DFX. Luckily I find it here in town so I get to try it before I buy it! The person I am buying it from said he couldn't remember if I had to make an adjustment in the dfx settings when I used the coil or not. He said I had to set something to "absolute" but he couldn't remember or find what he was thinking of. I put the coil on and tried to use it. Sometimes it wouldn't ground balance. It would air balance but when I placed it to the ground ti wouldn't balance correctly and I had to actually move the coil as it balanced to get it to work correctly. Just want to make sure this is a "plug and play" style of device and I am using it right. I was able to find a few coins with the coil but it semed that it mainly was pickign them up on the front portion of the coil. Pinpointing was a bit different with the coil than a normal coil but it was relativley easy to figure out what part of the coil to use for pinpointing and once I figured that out I was right on. When I hit a target with the rear portion of the coil it sounds like the machine is trying to cancel it out. Not sure if this is how it is suppossed to work or not. Regardless it seemed to work rather well and I was somewhat pleased.. Depth is ok with it but I was expecting more. Maybe (as I said earlier) I don't have installed or setup right. Maybe someone here could point me in the right direction or if you know of any online literature I can read then let me know. (P.S. if the coil doesn't turn out to be what I thought it would be I will have this up for sale, so keep that in mind!) Thanks!
Todd

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Todd.. since I am looking for one, I will keep it in mind... image Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Todd, Read about the BigFOOT coil. It will tell you about the use of the coil!
    Go to: http://www.jimmysierra.com/bftek.htm

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options
    ASUtoddASUtodd Posts: 1,312 ✭✭
    Well I got the bigfoot dialed in and I must say I don't know how I got by without it. Amazing coil. The depth is not that of the 9.5 coil but it does get to 7 or 8 inches easily. I will be holding on to this coil until one of us quits working!!! If you don't have one I would suggest finding one. I have found so many things that I missed even though I thought I had been thorough in certain areas. Great coil.
    Todd
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like next you will need the Super 12..... habit forming isn't it? Cheers, RickO