Home Metal Detecting
Options

New player to the world of MD-ing

Just scored a Garrett Ace 250 for V-Day. I read all the manuals and watched the instructional DVD. Hope to be contributing to the boards soon. I hope my gimpy leg and the weather get better.

Comments

• Options

Welcome Jake
  • Options
    nice v day gift!....i love my ace 250 and i'm sure you will too....good luck on your first outing...hh
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Geez... your girl bought you something for Valentine's Day??

Marry her, if you haven't already... she's a keeper! image lol
  • Options
    crispycrispy Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Geez... your girl bought you something for Valentine's Day??

Marry her, if you haven't already... she's a keeper! image lol >>

Not just something, but a metal detector! Of course this means that she wants you outa the house from time to time, but that's not a bad thing. image Welcome.
    "to you, a hero is some kind of weird sandwich..."
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum... hope you enjoy your new detector...let us know how you do. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Welcome to the board!..You have yourself a great detector and evidently a pretty great girl friend!...Looking forward to your finds. Where will you be detecting?
  • Options
    image Happy hunting and hope you have some great beginners luck that continues for a life time.

Rick
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Freedom is a well armed lamb contesting that vote. Benjamin Franklin - 1779

1836 Capped Liberty
    dime. My oldest US
    detecting find so far.
    I dig almost every
    signal I get for the most
    part. Go figure...
  • Options

<< <i>
    Welcome to the board!..You have yourself a great detector and evidently a pretty great girl friend!...Looking forward to your finds. Where will you be detecting?

I live in Delaware, so mostly I think on the eastern shore. I've been reading alot about how it's good to go to the beaches after a storm. Apparently Delaware coast line was found to have pirates that would get their ships sunk from sand bars and such. Rumor has it that after a storm you can find many coins with a detector.

My father has some old farms I want to detect. When I was a child, about 30 years ago , we had a pick your own strawberry patch that people would lose stuff in all the time. I remember specifically a lady losing her diamond wedding ring, she later came back with a metal detector , but never found it.

I've been looking on the internet to see what laws there are regarding Metal detecting in my state. Obviously, you cannot detect in State Historical areas, state forestries and I'm not sure about parks. I would love to get on a patch of old Civil War land and look for relics, but alas I will have to do some research. No girlfriend, Married with children . I think she wants me to take the kids when I go to the beaches to get them out of her hair image Cant wait, I just need to get my leg better.
  • Options
    Just found this concerning Delaware Detecting. Text

Do you need a license to Metal Detect in Delaware ? Here's the statement in question.

<< <i>If you metal detect in Delaware pay attention to the following statement.

2.) No person may excavate, collect, salvage, recover, remove, damage, or otherwise alter or deface any archaeological resource or its surrounding location or context, located in or on state lands, including subaqueous lands, without first having obtained a permit from the Division. (39 Del. Laws, c. 11, § 2; 7 Del. C. 1953, § 5302; 64 Del. Laws, c. 138, §§ 4-6; 69 Del. Laws, c. 430, § 2; 70 Del. Laws, c. 186, § 1; 75 Del. Laws, c. 153, § 2.) >>