Home Metal Detecting
Options

when is upload your personalized id pic day?.........

i would like to use a more personalized pic instead of a stock issue,,,,,i forget , but what is the procedure?....thanks...hh
"see ya at the beach"
imageimageimageimage

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 15th of the month... that would be Friday... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Your pic must measure 100 X 100 pixels, or less. Also it must be no larger than 10 KB, I think.
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Options
    thank you gentlemen...now if i can only remember to check in and "git r done"....hh
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    ok i'm ready...what to do?.... what to do?....here is the pic i would like for my id in my little corner of cu md'ing (link below).....if i need to do more, please let me know...thanks
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    ZotZot Posts: 825 ✭✭✭
    When you are logged on to the forum and click on "profile", there's a selection near the bottom of your profile that says
    "Select the author icon you wish to use".

When the icon upload opens up (today I believe), an additional button shows up here, which says something along the lines of "upload your personal icon"
    When I checked a minute ago it wasn't there yet, but will presumably show up at some point during West Coast business hours

From there on, it's straightforward to upload the picture of your choice, and then select it as your icon to use.

There are some limitations on the picture dimensions and file size. I believe the maximum is 100x100 pixels and 10 kB file size.
    The picture you attached is 25kb and therefore too large file size I believe. The dimensions should be OK.

I took your pic and reduced the .jpg compression quality a notch to get it below 10kB.
    I've attached it below.

Hope this helps

-Z
    Minelab: GPX 5000, Excalibur II, Explorer SE. White's: MXT, PI Pro
  • Options
    thank you very much mr. zot...i appreciate the help...may many gold rings be in your future finds....hh
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    yay!...i did it!...cool beans man....i'm just curious why they don't leave that option available all the time?...have a great weekend everybody....hh
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options

got my new one in there too image
  • Options
    gotta like "slammin sammy and the merc"! .....swing easy and hit em straight mr. riccar .... i may forgo md'ing on sat for a long overdue round o golf....hh
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not take your MD to the course... and do a little detecting in the rough? Cheers, RickO
  • Options

<< <i>gotta like "slammin sammy and the merc"! .....swing easy and hit em straight mr. riccar .... i may forgo md'ing on sat for a long overdue round o golf....hh >>

I wondered if anyone would recognize the pic!
    I played a lot of golf B.C. ...
    (before children image)

Dubba, hope you have a good round, and just remember... "drive for show, putt for dough" image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>
    Dubba, hope you have a good round, and just remember... "drive for show, putt for dough" image >>

i thought it was drive for show and putt for ....... d'oh!
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options

<< <i>
    i thought it was drive for show and putt for ....... d'oh! >>

(said with a "Homer" accent)
  • Options
    ZotZot Posts: 825 ✭✭✭
    Well done Sir! Here's one for gold rings - let'em flow! image

Rick: OK, that's an icon alright. imageimageimage
    Minelab: GPX 5000, Excalibur II, Explorer SE. White's: MXT, PI Pro
  • Options
    ooooo....ooooooooo.........

this is what i feel like after missing a 3 footer....last one missed in 1978
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    I bet the movie Caddyshack has been in some way quoted on every golf course out there! image

• Options
    Edited again to say I lost it and can't find it again even though I changed back and forth 3 times during the upload day. It was an 1836 Liberty capped dime found June 2nd 2001 at the city park in Knox Indiana while metal detecting. I was going to follow lordmarcovans changing of pics depending on collecting or hunting mode.

Here is what it is in case anyone comes across it... I had it named "rickc300 find" or "1836 Capped dime" I think image

Rick

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Freedom is a well armed lamb contesting that vote. Benjamin Franklin - 1779

1836 Capped Liberty
    dime. My oldest US
    detecting find so far.
    I dig almost every
    signal I get for the most
    part. Go figure...