Home Metal Detecting
Options

Only one find today...

kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
But I did *not* dig trash. image

I think I'm done with the TB sanitarium. Between the tick bite and six hours there without a single cent, I'm done! I did find this, though. I'm sure these were worth quite a bit to someone 15 years ago when they lost the keys to their Dodge Aries and their nagging wife would NOT SHUT UP about the damn things!

"I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.

Comments

• Options
    crispycrispy Posts: 792 ✭✭✭
    Every time I dig up keys, I feel for the poor people who lost them and were ultimately inconvenienced. I'm sorry to hear that you struck out at that site. Everyone has good outings and sometimes bad ones. You have a healthy attitude for this "sport" and will start finding many fun and worthwhile things. When I strike out, my mindset is one that I gained a little more experience and hopefully learned at least one new thing about my machine or my technique. Keep a happy thought and good luck hunting in the future.

Crispy
    "to you, a hero is some kind of weird sandwich..."
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep at it Kiyote.... "thar's gold in them thar hills".. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    I'm happy I had the discipline to ignore every beep, which I didn't have the last time. image So yeah, I'm not discouraged. It's still fun!
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options

<< <i> I'm happy I had the discipline to ignore every beep, which I didn't have the last time. So yeah, I'm not discouraged. It's still fun! >>

Not to worry you...but this came in at the pop top range....

.image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i> I'm happy I had the discipline to ignore every beep, which I didn't have the last time. So yeah, I'm not discouraged. It's still fun! >>

Not to worry you...but this came in at the pop top range....

.image >>

Holy cow! Nice find!

The CZ-3D has a tone, well, more like a screeching wail that tells you you've found a HUGE piece of junk. I'm not talking about pop-top ranges, I mean the "You've found a manhole cover" screech that makes me wanna rip my head phones off. That's what I've been ignoring.

I found two lincolns today! Including a 1968, my oldest find yet!