Home U.S. Coin Forum

Yay! My hometowns annual coin show! March 9 (LIVERMORE)

ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭
I could not go to last years show, in fact, I have never been to a single show right in my own hometown!!

This March 9th, Livermore at Elk's Lodge... by chance is anyone here going?

Comments

• DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    I don't even know where Livermore is.
    Becky
  • ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't even know where Livermore is. >>

California, east bay.... like 50 miles east of san fran
    anyone at all????
  • WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    Don't think I can make it this time. Unfortunately they scheduled this show on the same weekend as the ANA's Money Show.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"

• How many tables? What is the street address?

• << <i>How many tables? What is the street address? >>

45th Annual Livermore Valley Coin Club Show.
    Livermore-Pleasanton Elk's Lodge,
    940 Larkspur.

Hrs: 10AM-5PM.

Livermore Valley Coin Club.
    Stephen Kramer,
    POB 610,
    Livermore, CA 94551-0610.

925-422-3794
    stampman_99@yahoo.com
    ttt
  • I think I'll try to make it to the show this year. I've been in the past and this show is a very small show.
    Yea, I heard it is rather small.I am just so excited cause its like only 3 miles from where I live, and 1/2 mile from where I work!

Edited to add: Do you know what sellers usually sell there (like what kind of inventory will be there) My dad is lookin to buy a st.
  • This show is put on by the Livermore Valley Coin Club. Are you a member of the Livermore Valley Coin Club? I am a member but it's hard for me to attend their meetings because I'm in Sacramento.
    NO, how do I join?!?!?!?!

edited to add: and how many people usually attend? I have never been in a coin club, just talk coins, right?
  • I'm sure the Livermore Valley Coin Club will have a table set up at the show and you can probably ask them about the details of joining the club there.
    I will do that for sure OMG... third tuesday of each month at 7:00.... so there is one tomorrow night!? Ill attend.
    TTT (gotta support my hometown!!)

Is anyone going?
    Anyone going? Anyone at all?
  • oxy8890oxy8890 Posts: 1,416
    I will try to make it.
    Best Regards,

Rob

"Those guys weren't Fathers they were...Mothers."

• alfalfaalfalfa Posts: 275 ✭✭
    Is the show Sunday only?

RJ

<< <i>Is the show Sunday only?

RJ >>

Yes sir, from 10-5
  • alfalfaalfalfa Posts: 275 ✭✭
    Then I guess won't be going. It's a good thing I saw your post, as I thought it was a Saturday/Sunday show and planned on going Saturday.

RJ
  • COALPORTERCOALPORTER Posts: 2,900 ✭✭
    Saving money for Santa Clara next month.
    Yea, well its only 2 1/2 miles away from me, so I gotta go!
  • COALPORTERCOALPORTER Posts: 2,900 ✭✭
    How was the San Jose coin show this year?
    I noticed they moved to a new venue?

<< <i>How was the San Jose coin show this year?
    I noticed they moved to a new venue? >>

Type "San Jose" in the search feature, and you'll find a few threads about the show.
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,490 ✭✭✭✭
    It is on my schedule and I have made plans to be there.

Its a short 1.5 hour drive but I've heard good things about this show!
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!

<< <i>It is on my schedule and I have made plans to be there.

Its a short 1.5 hour drive but I've heard good things about this show! >>

Hop you're right! I have never even attended one yet... seems I am always working on that day. But not this time!!! I requested it off to check it out!
    It's a shame that this show always seems to be scheduled on the same weekend as a major convention. It's no exception this year as the show is on the same weekend as the ANA MoneyShow in Phoenix.
    One last image
    I'll be wearing an orange hawaiin shirt with a Denver Bronco's Super Bowl 33 Hat!
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!

<< <i>I'll be wearing an orange hawaiin shirt with a Denver Bronco's Super Bowl 33 Hat! >>

So how am I to distinguish you from the rest?
  • percybpercyb Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭✭
    I wont be there (to far from Chicago), and watch out for tumbleweed.
    "Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world." PBShelley
  • Yep, I'll be there...... I'm bringin' a whole bunch of raw Morgan's (some higher-end MS's and a lot of R-5+ VAMs). I'm hoping to walk out with some nice Bust Halves! image We'll see.........

I'll be the guy in Levi jeans, clutching a heavy, soft black briefcase, and looking nervous!! image

Rick
    Well I am the tall guy wearing a yellow shirt and glasses.

(sorry to all you hawaiian shirt-lovers, I just cant wear one!!)

goin' with pops

Anyways, saw "hi" if you see me!

Edited to add: I hope I get first dibs on a nice CBH!!!
    I tried to make it but I could not. Any show reports?
    Yea, the show was not that great in terms of what I was looking for. Seems many dealers were WAY overpriced. I only bought a chipped quarter for ten bucks.
  • blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well if you dont mind driving a little you have Santa Rosa in late March and Santa Clara in April.......
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
    I went, I looked, I saw, I left. Orange Hawaiin Shirt and all.

There were not many Eisenhower's and not many quarters to paw through although I did spend about an hour and a half there. I found a couple of SMS Sets that I wanted but the dealer's asking price was a little steep for me so I bugged out. BTW it was more like 2 hours down and 2 hours back so the driving made for a very boring day!

I'll try and make Santa Rosa provided the venue is large enough but will definitely go to the Santa Clara show. The site itself is huge with lots and lots of interesting displays and coins!

The name is LEE!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file