Home Metal Detecting
Options

My first coin! :)

kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
I headed out to a schoolyard nearby, digging only along the side in the dirt, careful not to uproot any grass. The area was surprisingly quiet, or, possibly, the area behind my apartment complex is super trashy. Either way, I dug the first solid beep I got and found my first coin, about four inches down! Thanks, Demodigger, for suggesting night hunting!

I'm very, very pleased, actually. I've only been out detecting for a grand total of 20 minutes total. I can't wait to see what the CZ-3D can for for older sites like it was made for!
"I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.

Comments

• Options
    Rickc300Rickc300 Posts: 876 ✭✭
    Hey! It is a real coin and not a Zincoln! Please note the date and location for your record book!!! Keep the coil to the soil and happy hunting!
    May this be the first of many coins and even better finds awaiting you!!!!!!!!!
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Freedom is a well armed lamb contesting that vote. Benjamin Franklin - 1779

1836 Capped Liberty
    dime. My oldest US
    detecting find so far.
    I dig almost every
    signal I get for the most
    part. Go figure...
  • Options
    ASUtoddASUtodd Posts: 1,312 ✭✭
    Great job! I have found that after diggin a couple hundred pennies that I still get excited about digging them. I guess when I see a coin in the ground I know I'm making money no matter how small!!!
    Todd
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations.... now on to more treasure. HH Cheers, RickO
  • Options

<< <i>Congratulations.... now on to more treasure. HH Cheers, RickO >>

Maybe I should quit while I'm ahead! image *jk*
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, you got a silver coin on your first coin find! WTG!

(Well, OK, it was painted silver, but...) image

If you're gettin' down to four inches, you know you're going deep enough for a lot of older stuff. That is rather astonishingly deep for a '79 cent, actually.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options

<< <i>Hey, you got a silver coin on your first coin find! WTG!

(Well, OK, it was painted silver, but...) image

If you're gettin' down to four inches, you know you're going deep enough for a lot of older stuff. That is rather astonishingly deep for a '79 cent, actually. >>

It may be a case of accidental exaggeration, kinda like when people catch 600ln catfish that are longer than a VW bus. image