Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Coins Stolen in Vermont

VTCoinsVTCoins Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭
A Vermont dealer gave me a call and let me know that someone stole the following coins from him somewhere between Thursday, January 24 and Tuesday, January 29th:

* Two of each 2006 and 2007 1/10, 1/4, 1/2 and one ounce Gold Eagles.
* 1793 AG Wreath Cent that he said had a better strike on the obverse.

If anyone sees or hears anything about the coins, let me know.

Thanks!
Tim Puro
Puro's Coins and Jewelry
Rutland, VT

(802)773-3883

Link to my website www.vtcoins.com

Link to my eBay auctions

Buy, sell and trade all coins, US paper money, jewelry, diamonds and anything made of gold, silver or platinum.

Comments

• Options
    ill keep an eye out
  • Options
    Will do!...By the way, did you contact forum member "Michigan" to get his approval of this post?image
  • Options

<< <i>Will do!...By the way, did you contact forum member "Michigan" to get his approval of this post?image >>

Nope.
    Tim Puro
    Puro's Coins and Jewelry
    Rutland, VT

(802)773-3883

Link to my eBay auctions

Buy, sell and trade all coins, US paper money, jewelry, diamonds and anything made of gold, silver or platinum.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Will do!...By the way, did you contact forum member "Michigan" to get his approval of this post?image >>

Nope. >>

I didnt intend to make light of the theft, and I apologize if thats how you took my post. Its just usual to be reading threads on theft from that member is all. I hope the dealer recovers his expensive loss.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Nope. >>

I didnt intend to make light of the theft, and I apologize if thats how you took my post. Its just usual to be reading threads on theft from that member is all. I hope the dealer recovers his expensive loss. >>

I didn't find your post funny ... but don't worry about it.
    Tim Puro
    Puro's Coins and Jewelry
    Rutland, VT

(802)773-3883

Link to my eBay auctions

• Options
    ttt
    Tim Puro
    Puro's Coins and Jewelry
    Rutland, VT

(802)773-3883

Link to my eBay auctions

• Options
    CoxeCoxe Posts: 11,139
    Is there an increase in these thefts or are we just hearing about more of them?
    Select Rarities -- DMPLs and VAMs
    NSDR - Life Member
    SSDC - Life Member
    ANA - Pay As I Go Member
  • Options
    Tim,

Not that this is going to be much help, but... there's a gun show in Barre today and tomorrow. My brother-in-law has attended in the past and said there are sometimes coins for sale. I assume if someone is selling, they might be buying too. I can't attend, but maybe someone at the show should be notified?

If you go to this link, check the events calendar for contact information.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info, Norm.

I forwarded the info on to the dealer.
    Tim Puro
    Puro's Coins and Jewelry
    Rutland, VT

(802)773-3883

Link to my eBay auctions

• Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Nope. >>

I didnt intend to make light of the theft, and I apologize if thats how you took my post. Its just usual to be reading threads on theft from that member is all. I hope the dealer recovers his expensive loss. >>

I didn't find your post funny ... but don't worry about it. >>

Dang, Tim - it WAS funny.

I hope that your friend gets his coins back.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Nope. >>

I didn't find your post funny ... but don't worry about it. >>

Dang, Tim - it WAS funny.

I hope that your friend gets his coins back. >>

I'm touchy when friends and fellow dealers get robbed. I was robbed a few years ago.
    Tim Puro
    Puro's Coins and Jewelry
    Rutland, VT

(802)773-3883

Link to my eBay auctions

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file