Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

need grading opinions

55' Dodger Golden Stamps

Comments

• Options

I'm no expert, but maybe THESE guys can help :-)
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    Both 7 or better.
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    I thought for hand cut cards there has to be visible evidence of the borders?
    Mark B.

Seeking primarily PSA graded pre-war "type" cards

My PSA Registry Sets

34 Goudey, 75 Topps Mini, Hall of Fame Complete Set, 1985 Topps Tiffany, Hall of Fame Players Complete Set
  • Options
    are those hand cut?
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

Razor, scissor don't matter. As they come in Panel forms in the stamp book. There are perforation lines to cut across. So i will assume whoever did it was carefull. The paper itself is not perforated unlike the 69' MLB stamps.
  • Options
  • Options
    ok, understand about the paper not actually being perforated but my understanding is that you have to at least see the lines and that the cut has to expose the lines. It's hard to see if that was done in the scans.

Mark B.

Seeking primarily PSA graded pre-war "type" cards

My PSA Registry Sets

34 Goudey, 75 Topps Mini, Hall of Fame Complete Set, 1985 Topps Tiffany, Hall of Fame Players Complete Set
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is my understanding that on cards that have dotted lines to be cut, PSA wants to see something like this:

• Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    authentic

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options

From some of the scans that i have seen of the 55's i did not see ( or could not see the perforation). They could easily come back graded as authentic (= PSA 3). That would be a waste of money.
  • Options

I blew this 9 up off of ebay huge on my computer and you can barely see the perf lines. Mine is no worse.

• Options

<< <i>I blew this 9 up off of ebay huge on my computer and you can barely see the perf lines. Mine is no worse.

image >>

ypu can see those all the way around, where on yours only the top border is seen.
    My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    What the fische said is correct.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

under a large scan the perf goes in and out. Since it is all judgmental by the grader anyways, it would be a 50/50 prop... I just took a look at my 71 Dell Stamps that are graded 8's and 9's and on some you cannot see any perf's, some you can.
  • Options
    ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246
    Compare with my Lasorda PSA 10 image

Edited: Sorry, bad pic. I'll scan this one in more detail tomorrow. Everyone's asleep and can't wake them up with the sounds of scanning. image
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards