Home Metal Detecting
Options

Repairing an old detector

After debating whether to buy a new detector versus fixing the old one, I've decided. I sent my faithful White's 5900 Di off for repair at the regional center in Illinois. The needle wasn't moving although there was still solid toning and pick up. I also believe it needed calibration. Wish me luck!

I'll post results when I get it back.

Barbercoin

WTB: Barber Quarters XF

Comments

• Options
    Good luck on the repair job Barbercoin. I hope it works out for you and your out swingiing your coil again soon.

Speer34

imageimageimage
  • Options
    crispycrispy Posts: 792 ✭✭✭
    It's certainly the right time of year to get those sort of things done. Fix what needs it. Clean up and/or tumble finds and research new spots. I spotted a little riverside park that I'd like to hit - but probably no sooner than April because I'd need a pick axe to extract anything. Yep, I'm jonesing.
    "to you, a hero is some kind of weird sandwich..."
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good decision.... right time of year (for those in the North)... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    thanks.

I've been reading much about early history of my home town. I am making a plan of attack for when I get me fixed detector back.
    The history of this area.... Clark County, Indiana is extremely interesting.

WTB: Barber Quarters XF