Home Metal Detecting
Options

my luck continues.........

hit the wet sand for a few hours last night...not many targets to be had but i got lucky and found this small 18k gold band and the most complete sand dollar i have ever found....hh
"see ya at the beach"
imageimageimageimage

Comments

• Options
    Nice ring!...........The sand dollars are here everywhere...You know the easiest way to find them is to go during low tide...and get out in the water to where you can float on your stomach, and still touch the ground with your hands....swim along and run your fingers under the sand, you'll turn them up that way..they are still alive, but they can be bleached out white and cleaned fairly easily.
  • Options
    18K - Yummy! WTG!
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    davbecdavbec Posts: 321 ✭✭
    great find
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>my luck continues......... >>

Keep the streak goin'! image

Oh, BTW, there was a REALLY low tide here last week, and some friends of mine found HUNDREDS of sand dollars.

I never liked seeing people pulling them out of the water, though- after all, they are living creatures. When they're just the white, hard "skeleton", that's cool, but taking live ones out of the water just for souvenirs is not exactly eco-friendly, in my opinion.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Dubba,

That is an awesome ring you have there and it even looks like Turkish gold.

The sand dollar is pretty cool as well.

I have found approximately 8 rings this month alone (most I have ever found in a single month) but only two of them are .925 silver and no gold rings.
    Speer34

imageimageimage
  • Options

<< <i>Dubba,

That is an awesome ring you have there and it even looks like Turkish gold.

The sand dollar is pretty cool as well.

I have found approximately 8 rings this month alone (most I have ever found in a single month) but only two of them are .925 silver and no gold rings. >>

is turkish gold special for some reason?....it is a nice color...i new when i spied it in my scoop that it was 18k....wow! 8 rings in one month...keep that pace up and your bound to hit some nice gold....keep at it dude....i have been on a roll lately myself .....since oct. i have found 9 gold rings in the sand....in the three preceding years i have only found 3 gold rings in the sand...why?...i do more scouting ...i think i'm better at reading the sands when i hunt...i hunt when conditions are good for finding ...what was that other reason ? oh yeah, i'm a lucky *#!@^....i started my 4th year of hunting in oct. and i can't wait till my next hunt...the one thing that just fascinates me is how quickly conditions change at the beach....the sands come and go without any rhyme or reason....hh
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great.. gold is awesome.. my favorite find.. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Dubba,

Naw, I don't think Turkish gold is any more special than the rest of it. When we were stationed in the UK, my wife's best friend was Turkish and she use to always talk about the Turkish gold. It does have a beautiful color to it, at least I think so.

The thing is, the rings I have found have been in yards and parks. I wish I had a beach nearby to do some beach hunting--I enjoy looking at all the beach forums to see what everyone finds out in the sand and water. While you normally don't find too many old coins on the beach (unless you happen to stumble onto a HUGE cut in the sand) the jewelry sure does make up for it.

Happy hunting!!
    Speer34

imageimageimage