Home Metal Detecting
Options

What kind of batteries do you use?

I use Energizer e2 titanium. They definately outlast the regular ones for me.

Comments

• Options
    9 Volt.......Energizer
  • Options
    I have gotten much better "mileage" from Energizer than any other battery. When I first started, I logged the hours I got from each type I used and Energizer was by far the best for me.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Energizer e2 Titanium.. best yet. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Energizer NiMh 2500 mAh rechargeable.
    Got a pack of eight AA with four AAA for around $21.00. I think Home Depot has a better deal...

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options
    i have 2 minelab battery packs for the excal and i use the kirkland variety aa jobbies for the ace and the bh id...they last a long time and are cheap....hh
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eight AA- usually Energizer or Duracell brand.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    bigtime36bigtime36 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
    I work at RadioShack part time for xtra lute now, so i buy radioshack brand witch is the same a duracell but i get 30% off.... Anyone need batteries.....lol

jim

Collect raw morgans, walkers, mercs, SLQ, barber q. Looking at getting into earlier date coins pre 1900s.

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm... how much for a set? (Eight AA in my case).

Or a box? How many to a box?

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    I've used both Energizer and Duracell. I feel like I get better mileage from the Duracell, plus they have $1.00 off coupons regularly.
    Be Still and Know
  • Options
    I bought some AA rechargeables that have lasted about 3 years now...
    My bro-in-law told me about this brand that was supposed to last longer than other rechargeables and they definitely have lasted!

The set came with 8 AA's, and I bought an extra 8 so I can constantly swap these out.
    (a lot cheaper than buying new batts all the time!)

"Lenmar NoMem" rechargeables

Edit to add:
    I have used these "NoMem's" for my White's XLT. However, I was told that they don't hold a large enough charge for Minelab detectors... and I've found that to be true. For the Minelab, I'll use the Minelab rechargeable, and for a back up will use the Costco/Sam's cheapie specials ("Kirkland" 8 AA's), but I'm planning to just buy another Minelab rechargeable as my back up.
  • Options
    Alkaline Energizers from Sam's Club. I can get 48 of them for $12 I think it is. Or I get Kirtland alkalines. I think the Kirtlands are 44 for about the same price. A set of 8 AAs last me in my MXT about 5-6 weeks (about 30-40 hrs of op time).

I have debated using rechargeable NiMh in my machine, but they are 1.2 volt. Even though the MXT will operate down below 9 volt, I wonder how long the NiMh batteries will hold the 9.6 volt before the voltage drops below what the machine wants. If I have to recharge them every two weeks, it's seems like they're more trouble than they're worth. Plus, it doesn't seem logical to me to start out at 9.6 volt even if the MXT circuits are current sensitive rather than voltage sensitive. Anyone care to comment - Jerry?

I've also considered using the Titaniums, but are they worth it price-wise? Anyone care to illuminate me on how long you can use a set of them in an MXT or DFX before replacing? Number of hours operating?

G Man
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    I just got these 2500 mAh Energizer NiMh last week. When I put them in after a charge...they are 11.4 volt.
    After 4 hours work and one week of standing in the cornner, I took it out Sat. AM and it read 10.5 volt.

As my last group of rechargables got old (3 years) I had to charge each night before going out the next AM.
    Recharging takes 3 hours or less.

I like them ;-)

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options
    That's interesting Jerry. Eight 1.2 volt batteries when charged equals 11.4 volts. That's 1.42 volts each - average. I have several sets of those batteries you mentioned that I use for various applications. But I've never measured their voltage right out of the charger. I would expect them to be a little higher than 1.2 volt, but .2 volt higher than their rating is definitely do-able. I may have to try them myself. Thanks for the info. image

G.
    imageimageimage