Home Metal Detecting
Options

sweet aunt pearl

hit the beach tonight ....got there , turned on my machine and my battery said " wah ooooooo, i'll be dead soon"....no problem....i changed the battery and went to work.....10 mins later my back up battery said the same thing...."wah oooooo, i'm dying"....man, what a stupid i am! ....so i worked the wet sand back towards the truck and just before she died, bingo!....20k +/- ring with a pearl...hee hee hee!....i'm guessing the pearl is good due to the high gold content of the ring ? but who knows ? boy am i lucky.....hh
"see ya at the beach"
imageimageimageimage

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,216 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>boy am i lucky.....hh >>

You mean, "boy, do I really suck", don'tcha? image

I went to the beach Friday AM as well, tried to turn on MY machine (which I'd used only twelve or so hours before, when it had a full-charged set of nearly-new batteries), and... nothing. Dead as the proverbial doornail. Uh-oh.

So I left the beach and went to the nearest convenience store and bought another set of batteries, praying that this was the problem.

It fired up just fine, which means that my nearly-new set I had used the night before must have drained themselves completely somehow. Evidently the machine was still on when I stuck it in the car. I don't see how that can be, though, 'cause it would've made all kinds of noise, signaling off the metal around it. Weird. Oh, well. At least it works now.

My finds? A piece of foil (condom wrapper, I believe), and a zinc cent. Woohoo.

That's why I say you suck, even though I cannot view your picture right now. Congrats!

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just get a red X... but the ring sounds gorgeous... great find... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Dubba,

That is a cool ring and yes, I would have to say your a lucky man your batteries held out long enough to get this "Nice Keeper".

Congrats.
    Speer34

imageimageimage
  • Options
    Pearl test:
    >>Cultured and natural pearls can be distinguished from imitation ones by a very simple test. Take the pearl and rub it (gently!) against the edge of a tooth. Cultured and natural pearls will feel slightly rough, like fine sandpaper, because of the texture of natural nacre. Imitations will feel as smooth as glass because the surface is moulded or painted on a smooth bead.<<

From web site: http://www.gemstone.org/gem-by-gem/english/pearl.html

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options
    thanks for the info jerry....i did the tooth test and she is real!...yes sir!....thanks...hh
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    davbecdavbec Posts: 321 ✭✭
    LUCKY!!!
  • Options
    thanks for the comments you guys....this is indeed a proud day for me!...my first "you suck" !..i love it! and from lord m to boot....yeee hah!.....i have charged my battery in hopes of finding some treasures tonight at my local beach....have a great weekend everybody and GO PATS!...HH
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage