Home Metal Detecting
Options

play coins, warning big pic

taken from the vault of misc detecting finds. kinda interesting, but not my favorites.

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for posting these, especially in light of the recent discussion of them on ASUtodd's thread.

I had no idea they had so many different designs. I've only found a few. You've got a bunch!

PS- I had never seen the larger denominations like the "quarter" and "half dollar" ones. Cool. Your 1949 one is also the earliest date I have seen on one.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭✭
    are you a lefty?
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have never found one of these... but good to know about in case I do... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    i do use my left , why?
  • Options
    I've never dug one of these myself--those are super cool finds--I can imagine when the "coins" are initially seen, you think their silver.
    Speer34

imageimageimage
  • Options
    cool finds!....hh
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I can imagine when the "coins" are initially seen, you think their silver. >>

Oh, yeah, they'll give you an adrenaline surge, at first. Then the wind goes outta your sails when you realize it's just a piece of aluminum play money. But then you see the date, and you think, "Hey, this is pretty cool, anyway."

As I mentioned on the other thread, the first one I dug was a play dime (dated 1950, as I recall), and it was found at the site of an old inn that had been built in 1800, so I thought for a brief moment that I had found a half dime or 3c silver.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Options
    DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭
    I've dug about a half dozen. This is my favorite.
    I believe its from a 50"s game.