Home Metal Detecting
Options

I finally ordered a detector! :)

kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
From Kellyco, I ended up getting the CZ-3D I'd been looking at for about 6 months. Now I have to wait three days to get it! image

Anyone care to guess what my first find will be? image I plan on hitting an open space preserve in California. The site used to have a TB sanitarium in the early 1900s.
"I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.

Comments

• Options
    ASUtoddASUtodd Posts: 1,312 ✭✭
    Pull tab.....then a pull tab....then another pull tab....then about 50 lincoln cents....some dimes... then a quarter.... then of course you will find silver before I do.... image
    Todd
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your first find will be a zincoln..... but things get better after that. image Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    i hunted and old tb sanatorium once....i hope you do better than i did.....just junk for me....good luck and hh
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options

<< <i>Pull tab.....then a pull tab....then another pull tab....then about 50 lincoln cents....some dimes... then a quarter.... then of course you will find silver before I do.... image
    Todd >>

I was thinking I would *start* with silver, then find a buried Wells Fargo stagecoach loaded with gold, then call it an afternoon. image

/new to detecting.
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options
    crispycrispy Posts: 792 ✭✭✭
    I have not used the CZ-3D but I do have a CZ-5 in my arsenal and have enjoyed using it. It's pretty user friendly and likes coins. Good luck on your maiden hunt.

Crispy

"to you, a hero is some kind of weird sandwich..."
  • Options
    be prepared to dig a lot of nails!

Good luck image

PS - Whereabouts in Calif you at?
  • Options

<< <i>be prepared to dig a lot of nails!

Good luck image

PS - Whereabouts in Calif you at? >>

In Sunnyvale, kinda between San Francisco and San Jose..
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oooh. CZ-3D. There's one I wouldn't mind fiddlin' around with.

Your FIRST find? Probably a roofing nail. Or a pulltab.

The coins won't be far behind, though.

TB sanitarium in the early 1900s? Go get 'em, tiger! Sounds... silvery.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.