Home Metal Detecting
Options

Caption Contest! Let's have some fun!

Let's have some fun. Below is a picture (doctored up of course) I will be awarding a prize for whomever submits the "Best Caption". Now before we get into the rules of this contest, I bet some of you are asking, "Is this another one of those lame VTH 3 Bag O' Crap Contests"? Absolutely! The winner gets a Bag O' Crap. How lame! Look at all the good stuff LM and Goldrush give away! Well folks, since last year's winner never posted the goodies in his Bag O' Crap there's not much I can say. I guarantee there's treasure in it. But if you don't want it, that's okay. I understand. If you pass up a Walker, it makes me no nevermind as us hillbillies say. Some of you might be familiar with Woot's $5 Bag O' Crap. This is kind of the same, only it doesn't cost you.

The rules are this -
Anyone can participate.
One entry only. If you think of a better one, edit your original.
Doctoring up the picture is optional.
Jerry, Rob, and Phut must further doctor up the picture just for the heck of it. I like that actually.
Keep it clean.

I'll let this run for a while. Here's your challange!

G Man
imageimageimage

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,232 ✭✭✭✭✭

AM Edit- I see 2bits posted his beer can caption while I was photo-editing my picture, so apparently great minds think alike.

<< <i>You might be a redneck if there are Beer cans buried 5 feet deep in your back yard!! >>

Put HIS caption with MY picture, and it's even better! image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    "It's a good thing this water pipe is here, I'm so thirsty. Now, let me see if I can find this cache!!!!"
    Speer34

imageimageimage
  • Options
    bigtime36bigtime36 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
    "The wife thinks im makeing a pond with a fountain for her.... Only if she really knew"

Collect raw morgans, walkers, mercs, SLQ, barber q. Looking at getting into earlier date coins pre 1900s.

• Options

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options
    You might be a redneck if there are Beer cans buried 5 feet deep in your back yard !!
    Touch Not The Cat Bot A Glove !!

Always Looking for Raw Proof Lincoln Cents !!
  • Options
    Bravo! I think I pulled a rib muscle! ROFLMAO!
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    c'mon...give me the toilet paper
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Here's mine...

• Options

(I see you dug up the old VTH3 thread for the Zot mugshot, eh?) image

Bravo!

• Options
    ZotZot Posts: 825 ✭✭✭
    "Hello! I'm a metal detectorist. Do you mind if I search a bit here in your front yard?"
    -Zot (staring up the barrel of a shotgun)

Minelab: GPX 5000, Excalibur II, Explorer SE. White's: MXT, PI Pro
  • Options
    davbecdavbec Posts: 321 ✭✭
    No one will ever know I was here after I put the plug back in.
  • Options
    Darnnit Dav, you stole my line!! "No one will ever know I was here after I put the plug back in" Now I need to think some more...
    Be Still and Know
  • Options
    davbecdavbec Posts: 321 ✭✭

<< <i>Darnnit Dav, you stole my line!! "No one will ever know I was here after I put the plug back in" Now I need to think some more... >>

Sorry it's all I could come up with.
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love this job.There's twenty more down there at $2,000 a head.

Al
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image This is a great thread... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭

"Where's all these pieces of half-eaten corn and peanuts coming from? I could have sworn that was a solid signal"

@ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    crispycrispy Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

"Steel toed boots, why do you ask?"

"to you, a hero is some kind of weird sandwich..."
  • Options
    200+ YRS..and the mystery of OAK ISland is solved! No more filling Shafts, just turn the Water off!
    putting together a MS 60 and up Morgan set....60% complete...otlher 40% probably take the rest of the decade!
  • Options

<< <i>Darnnit Dav, you stole my line! >>

Come on Mary. Get with it!

<< <i>"Where's all these pieces of half-eaten corn and peanuts coming from? I could have sworn that was a solid signal" >>

Yuckis maximus!
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Note to self: Always, ALWAYS bring the pinpointer!!!!
  • Options
    A TOKEN ! ! ! We moved the outhouse for a TOKEN ! ! !

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options
    OmegaOmega Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭
    "Yeah, I think this used to be the site of an opium den in the 1800's"
  • Options

<< <i>"Steel toed boots, why do you ask?" >>

• Options

<< <i>"Steel toed boots, why do you ask?" >>

Edit: Whoa! That was quite interesting timing and thinking (compare with LM's post above) image
  • Options
    The schtick about the steel toed boots reminded me of an episode I once saw and eventually became part of. I went hunting to one of my regular spots years ago and happened to see a newbie hunter getting really PO'd. He'd hunt for a while, dig and dig, and eventually start cursing and throwing things. Then he'd take off again and the same thing would happen. I intro'd myself and we got to talking about detecting. He complained that everytime he'd go to recover his target he'd have trouble finding it.

"My machine must be messed up", he said.

"Oh, why is that?"

"It must not be ground balanced right."

"Oh?"

"Yeah, I keep getting false signals in every handful of dirt I pull out of the hole".

"Oh?"

"Yeah. I pull a handful of dirt out of the hole, pick up my machine and wave the coil over my hand. The machine beeps, but the object is never in the dirt. Why's that?"

His problem was he wore gloves and rings on both hands. I'm sorry to say it WAS funny. He'd go from image to image to image to image to image to image
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    The lady next door said what ?

I swear Im not trying to tunnel into her bathroom !!!

Touch Not The Cat Bot A Glove !!

Always Looking for Raw Proof Lincoln Cents !!
  • Options
    Ok, here it is:

"Explain this to me again? If Mary gets into round 47 of the next virtual treasure hunt with target number 93, and G-Man can find me with his detector even though I'll be friggin 3 feet underground by the time we're done here, she finally wins the grand prize?"
    Be Still and Know
  • Options
    But honey, I know grandpa buried his gold around here close.
  • Options
    phutphut Posts: 1,087
    Good news honey,............I found your ring!!
  • Options
    Good one Tim. You're in the runnin' now!

G Man
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Well, Tim's post went WAAAY past my photo-editing skills and software.

• Options

<< <i>Good news honey,............I found your ring!! >>

Bad news is... I seem to have lost mine now..
  • Options
    Tim & Erik, VERY funny stuff!! lmao image
    Be Still and Know
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I had the photo that Lord Marcovan has with the cans I would use the caption, "With Aluminum cans at 50 cents a pound I've got a gold mine."
  • Options
    Here ya go PPC (you get full credit for this one... I was just goofing around with a paint program)

• Options
    Gee, great. Now I have a malignant-looking tumor on my head! Thanks, Rick! image

• Options
    Does it hurt much? image

maybe we could use one of these to cover it up...

• Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    ttt
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Man these sidewalk artists are really amazing, He looks so real!
    imageimage
  • Options
    Verry good Ron!

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options
    LOL! good one Jerry! image
  • Options

<< <i>LOL! good one Jerry! image >>

It is good...Chicago Ron did it!

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options
    I swear I picked up the molten nickel core of the planet with my new Earth Buster XXII.
    If it wiggles, it ain't goin' in my salad.
  • Options

I've decided to make a poll out of this thread. I'm going to pick my top 4 and you folks can pick the winner. That's more democratic.

Since I don't "do" Super Sunday, that's when I'll put the poll up.

In addition, I'm not really going to send a Bag O' Crap to the winner this time. That was just a ruse to lure you in. Yeah, right! But I will post Sunday what I will be awarding.

G Man
    imageimageimage