Home Metal Detecting
Options

Blue tourmalene ring

Holy mackeral....Idid it!!!!!! I was able to post a picture thanks to the help from Zot. Thank you very much for your help........I will show additional pictures and stories as I get time.

Blue tourmaline ring
This ring was found by a big locust tree in a park. I had detected for about an hour that day, and had only found about $3.00 or so in clad coinage. With the sun getting ready to set, and knowing that dinner would soon be ready at home, I started heading for my car. It was on the way to my car that I noticed the big locust tree. I decided to check it out. After about five minutes, my detector made that familiar sound of something positive in the ground. I started digging and about an inch under the surface, out came this ring. It turned out to be a blue tourmaline stone in a .925 silver mounting. There is a catch by the side of the stone that opens up. When I opened it, I noticed a small cavity. In the cavity was a small diamond. This was found in Colorado. It was about 3-4 years ago. I don't remember the date.

Comments

• Options
    ASUtoddASUtodd Posts: 1,312 ✭✭
    Very very very nice. Ever thought of selling it? I mean, I know it's a great find but that thing could pay for a new Minelab Detector!!! image
    Todd
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooooh... ahhhh... that's more like it!

Now we need to see the $5 gold piece, so it's time you practiced your picture-posting technique until you can do it on your own! You're gettin' there! (Thanks for the assist, Zot).

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    I love it. Great find, my friend.

WTB: Barber Quarters XF

• Options
    ZotZot Posts: 825 ✭✭✭
    Beautiful ring!
    Wow - the diamond must have felt like quite a bonus!

-Z

PS. Well done getting pictures posted! image It's a bit cumbersome the first time, but quite quick once you get used to it image

PPS. Lordmarcovan - I just posted a link to an instructions thread, he figured out everything himself from there on image
    Minelab: GPX 5000, Excalibur II, Explorer SE. White's: MXT, PI Pro
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That realy is a nice find.Would like to see it opened with the diamond showing.

Al
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am in awe.... what great finds you have shown here today..... I know, a long period of detecting... but still, shows dedication and savvy hunting... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    all i can say is, sweeeeeet!
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Hello grip....I would like to show a picture of the blue tourmalene ring opened and showing the diamond stone. I am currently away from Colorado and just about all the rings are in a saftey deposit box at our bank in Colorado. I will try to remember to show it to you after I get back in the Spring.

ricko....Thank you for your kind words of understanding for a great hobby. It does take some time to learn this hobby. I have dedicated many many hours to this hobby. It doesn't come overnight for sure.

This is why I am not in Colorado at the present time.

• Options

<< <i>There is a catch by the side of the stone that opens up. When I opened it, I noticed a small cavity. In the cavity was a small diamond. >>

That's awesome!

Sweet find!

Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage