Home Metal Detecting
Options

Past few days have been very silvery!!!!

I have been able to get out over the past two days and get in some detecting time. I managed about 2 hours yesterday and 2.5 hours today. Let's just say, I'm pretty happy with the outcome.

I had been going over to a section of the base housing that is being demolished/renovated and I had great luck over there. Just last Sunday, someone came through and told me I couldn't be there. I gave her the guys name in the housing office who said I could, and she was okay with that. Then last Monday, I got a call from the guy who had given me permission and he told me I was done over there. He thought I had been outside of the fenced in demo area. Oh well, there is still a row of houses (15 houses in all) that are empty, but they aren't fenced in by the demo. I have decided to hunt those and it's been very good so far. For the most part, it's modern coinage, but there are on occasions when the silver come out. Just yesterday, I managed to pull a 1946 Rosie out of the ground. There's also been quite a few toy cars/airplanes coming out of the ground over there. Today, I managed to pull a F-4 airplane out. It's missing a wheel and part of the tail of the airplane, but it's cool to see them. Today started off very good. Within 15 minutes of being out there, I managed to pull a small "sterling" ring out of the ground. I'm not sure what the stone is, but it's a light blue color. I don't see any marks on the inside other than "sterling-MH". Within 5 minutes of finding the first silver ring, out pops another. This one is .925 with the letters "CTR" in a purplish colored background. At this point, I didn't really care if I got a silver coin today or not. I didn't have to wait to very long until I got another ring to pop up out of the ground. This one is "junk" as far as I can tell, but a three ring day is a good day. To top it all off, as I was getting ready to leave, I managed to pull a 56D Rosie up for my enjoyment.

I have a group photo of all the silver coins I have found so far this month. I've managed to pull three other silvers last Saturday before I got run out of the "closed section" of the demo area. All three of those coins came out of the same hole. It was a hard target to pinpoint and I managed to gouge up one of the Rosies. The take from that one hole was a 1935 Wash, 54 Rosie and a 51D rosie. The reason that the signal was so iffy--I had two memorial cents over top of the silvers down below. The memorials were around 2 inches deep and the silvers were 5 and 6 inches deep. The meter on the 2500 was jumping all over the place. I'm glad that I didn't kick the dirt back in the hole after the two memorials--I would have surely missed out.

Here are the pics. I wish they were better quality--maybe I'll get a nice digital camera with my refund check this year

Speer34

imageimageimage

Comments