Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

hsn coin collector......what a freakin joke....

Right now while they last.........2008 silver eagle Anacs ms70.....oh almost forgot .....first day of issue.. 99.95.............flex pay 49.98x2.......only 7498 left.........image

Comments

• Options
    coinkid855coinkid855 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭
    lol, I just flipped it on.
  • Options
    Agreed
  • Options
    tightbudgettightbudget Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭
    I wholeheartedly concur
  • Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just turned it on...I had no idea that the Sacajawea set was the single most desired series for advanced collectors. An amazingly difficult set to assemble. Experts know. Apparently my numismatic education has been deficient.

Hey the guy (haven't caught is name yet--taller one) just said he plans on walking the bourse at FUN looking for coins for the set...sellers be ready image

• Options
    I just learned smoething new from the show!!

PR stands for perfect, not proof.

I feel so foolish! image
    "Lenin is certainly right. There is no subtler or more severe means of overturning the existing basis of society(destroy capitalism) than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."
    John Marnard Keynes, The Economic Consequences of the Peace, 1920, page 235ff
  • Options
    123cents123cents Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭
    Move over Robert Chambers and Silvertowne.image
  • Options
    chit, i need to get those sac's. crap ima miss the bus.agggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • Options
    And coming up in the next hour.................. drum roll please...........our favorite new owner of ANACS.

At least that's according to TV Guide. Can't wait (where's that sarcasm emoticon?).
    "Lenin is certainly right. There is no subtler or more severe means of overturning the existing basis of society(destroy capitalism) than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."
    John Marnard Keynes, The Economic Consequences of the Peace, 1920, page 235ff
  • Options
    tightbudgettightbudget Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭
    Complete Sacagawea collection, eh? I didn't see no Cheerios Sac...image
  • Options
    I was flipping through the channels and caught the Sac promotion too...

I have a "complete" (business-strike and proof) set without Cheerios or satin-finish. I understand about the 2001-S being worth more, but he was saying something about 2004's? And low mintages?? And collector demand?? Personally, I think they are the best modern coin design (and much better than the Presidents, obverse and reverse). But, I disagree with the way HSN has manipulated the truth to sell Sacs. I almost fell out of my chair when he said he would walk the bourse at FUN and not find any 2004 Sacs... Did I miss something??

Edited to add - I flipped channels again before they started on the Eisenhower dollar set, putting fingerprints on freshly-cut out of mint set Franklin halves and showing off cartwheels on Peace and Morgan dollars.
  • Options
    LOL...enough said
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cannot watch these shows... I really get upset. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    my 9 year old nephew asked me if i would sell his 2005 icg ms 70 i got him,for a pcgs ms 69.he knows about icg,and now he tells me about anacs.those guys on hsn did him in the last coulpe of days.full of lies.he wants to call customer service and tell them about the lies they are telling collector's.i told him he has every right too.yes,i will be selling his one and only icg coin
  • Options
    oxy8890oxy8890 Posts: 1,416

<< <i>I just learned smoething new from the show!!

PR stands for perfect, not proof.

I feel so foolish! image >>

This just goes to show: It's not about knowledge and quality, it's about marketing!image
    Best Regards,

Rob

"Those guys weren't Fathers they were...Mothers."

• Options
    tychojoetychojoe Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭
    << my 9 year old nephew asked me if i would sell his 2005 icg ms 70 i got him,for a pcgs ms 69.he knows about icg,and now he tells me about anacs.those guys on hsn did him in the last coulpe of days.full of lies.he wants to call customer service and tell them about the lies they are telling collector's.i told him he has every right too.yes,i will be selling his one and only icg coin >>

That says it all. The misrepresentation by the Hucksters is so bad even 9-year olds can see it. Congrats to your nephew for developing and still keeping an excellent BS detector.
  • Options
    MarkJudeMarkJude Posts: 355 ✭✭✭
    Ok - I must admit - when I am home alone, and noone is watching - I turn to the HSN Coin Collector and secretly plot my next batch of purchases - image

Afterwards I turn to the knife show to pick out Christmas presents for my 5-year old nephew. Is that wrong?

Mark
    I'm here to learn a little something...
    Mark's Mattes
    Mark's Cameo SMS Set
    Mark's Non-Cameo SMS Set
  • Options
    GritsManGritsMan Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭
    I admit: I think these shows are great fun. Where else can you see COINS on TELEVISION? And ridicule the promoters so thoroughly? If I had cable, I'd be wasting a fair bit of time on them. Good thing I don't.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
    Winner of the Coveted Devil Award June 8th, 2010

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file