Home Sports Talk
Options

Here's An Idea ... What If The N.Y. Giants Simply Forfeited The Game?

JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
The headline on the front page of ESPN says, "'You play to win the game ... ' But what if there's nothing to play for?" Fair enough. So then why not simply forfeit the game and the Pats win 2-0. And as a result:

1. No worries about injuries;
2. Pats do not break the Vikings records for most points in a regular season (Record is 556; Pats would have 553);
3. Pats would have an undefeated regular season, but you can already read the headlines about tainted this, not earned that, undeserving this, fraudulent that;
4. OBVIOUSLY, Pats don't cover the spread;
5. The Commish fines the N.Y. Giants a bazillion dollars; and
6. And of course, the NFL Network, CBS, NBC, etc., and all the advertisers are extremely pissed off.

That's just off the top of my head, but I'm sure there would be many other repercussions of forfeit by the N.Y. Giants. With that said, not going to happen. Oh, would I love it though.

/s/ JackWESQ

Comments

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Interesting take Jack

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Jets have been doing the equivalent of that almost all year...

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    I don't know about the Jets, but my Fins HAVE done that all year. Except for the Raves feeling sorry for them, they have pretty much forfeted this season...
    2001-2014 Topps Heritage complete!
  • Options
    bxbbxb Posts: 805 ✭✭
    Rather than forfeit the game (which would indeed be quite cool), if I were the Giants I would use the game to give my bench players some playing time.

With regard to the Pats, 16-0 will be quite meaningless if their final record for the entire season ends with a 1.

Capecards
  • Options

<< <i>4. OBVIOUSLY, Pats don't cover the spread; >>

That's what 99% of the population cares about image
  • Options
    Only 1% of everyone with any interest in the NFL doesn't bet?
    Tom
  • Options

<< <i>Only 1% of everyone with any interest in the NFL doesn't bet? >>

It was a joke. Please notice the winky emoticon image
  • Options

<< <i>The Jets have been doing the equivalent of that almost all year... >>

Now thats funny!!

<< <i> It was a joke. Please notice the winky emoticon >>

I noticed the winky thing, but for once in my life I was a one percenter

• Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,024 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The Jets have been doing the equivalent of that almost all year... >>

No, that would be the Miami Dolphins.......

TC71

• Options
    easiest bet of the week, bet the pats.....

those of you who have been following my betting advice should be 3-0....

the giants are the worst exuse for a playoff team in a lot of years.....only because the NFC is soo weak are they making it....

they will be embarassed by the patriots 2nite, and then lose next week to average TB....

and im a giants fan....
  • Options
    kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭
    Don't forget forefeiting would take away Brady & Moss's chances for TD records.

Would the NFL have to put an * next to Manning & Rice in the record books?
    Travis
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Rather than forfeit the game (which would indeed be quite cool), if I were the Giants I would use the game to give my bench players some playing time.

With regard to the Pats, 16-0 will be quite meaningless if their final record for the entire season ends with a 1. >>

Agreed. I would like to get Cassel some serious playing time, at least the entire second half.
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    I have heard ALOT about this today on talk radio. It makes me sick. Giants are the ones who need to have momentum going into the playoffs,
    it would seem like they would be looking to prove themselves big time against a great team. If they are looking to save it, then save it. Don't
    pretent you are going to, and if the game gets out of hand lay down. You are either going to play all out or not. This is the Giants season,
    they are playing the best team they will all year, no way they are beating the bucs next week, they might as well be the team that beat
    the team who almost went 16-0!

If the Patsies come out chucking it with their first string in the entire game, you would have to answer that in a big time way. If the
    Giants had any balls, they wouldn't let NE come into their place, light them up and break all kinds of records.

JS
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>This is the Giants season, they are playing the best team they will all year, no way they are beating the bucs next week, they might as well be the team that beat
    the team who almost went 16-0! >>

Glad to see you finally admit that the Pats are better than the Bucs.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>This is the Giants season, they are playing the best team they will all year, no way they are beating the bucs next week, they might as well be the team that beat
    the team who almost went 16-0! >>

Glad to see you finally admit that the Pats are better than the Bucs. >>

THANK YOU B!
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    easiest bet of the week, bet the pats.....

those of you who have been following my betting advice

Hope no one here put any $$$ on that "advice", LOL!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.