Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Roosie Guys - Some Price Guidance please

What would be a price range for a 1960 PCGS 67FB blast white Roosie? I see a pop. of 13.

I looked at some auction records for certain rarer dates in 67FB, including the 1960, and couldn't find any.

Last week I went into the back of the closet and pulled out a couple of shoe boxes, lo and behold, came across some coins from my earliest days of collecting that I had completely forgot about. Included in it is a set of blast white Roosies that have been sitting in 2x2s since the early 70's. For years I used to go to the local coin store every week, going through everything that came into the store, including the rolls. I'd go through several rolls, then pick one coin to buy. Thank goodness the owner was the nicest of gentleman, he never did get tired of me. I was pleasantly surprised looking at these coins now, as they are really nice. Looks like some of these would be worth it to send in, just trying to get an idea of market value. Thanks.
Some refer to overgraded slabs as Coffins. I like to think of them as Happy Coins.

Comments

• Options
    ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭
    My best guess would be about $600. Range might be $450 (soft) to $900 (strong).
    Craig
    If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!
  • Options
    QBertQBert Posts: 311 ✭✭✭
    I don't know, one of JHF 1962-67FB is over a grand on teletrade right now. I think I would make the window 700 - 1200 for a 1960 (PCGS). Maybee more if it is a nice toner.
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
    The Teletrade 1962 MS67FB did not sell. The price you saw was the reserve.
  • Options
    QBertQBert Posts: 311 ✭✭✭
    Opps , Shows what I know (Or don't I guess) image
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    You could email set owners who have that coin in their set. Ask what they paid, telling them why you need the info.
    Then average the amounts out.
    Just a thought.....
    Dan
  • Options
    RonyahskiRonyahski Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks everybody for the feedback, you've been most helpful.

I think I'll send a few in and see what PCGS thinks of them, test my rusty grading.
    Some refer to overgraded slabs as Coffins. I like to think of them as Happy Coins.