Home Metal Detecting

Time for some new equiptment

ok well I have a very weak ,very cheap ,very old detector and after Christmas I want to get one that is worth having . Any ideas on what to get ? I don't want to spend a fortune so would used be the best bet ? And what makes/models would be best ?

Comments

• I started with the Garrett Ace 250 based on suggestions here, and couldn't have been happier. It is the perfect beginner machine that many folks say you'll never grow out of.

(After owning the 250, and having my wife discover she loved detecting as much as me, we picked up an Ace 150 for her and my son--waste of money. It's a good detector, but the 250 gives you so much more for just a little more money.)

I just received my GTI 2500, but have to wait until the snow melts to try it out--the waiting is driving me crazy.
    Need to finish my Kennedys and Jeffersons!
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a host of choices.... and you will get a lot of good advice... I recommend you read the feedback here from the forum and go to Kellco.com.... look at the units available and call a customer service engineer... Then, when you have all the information, make your choice. Cheers, RickO
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As Morglan said, Garrett's Ace 250 looks pretty hard to beat for an inexpensive starter machine. It's cheap, simple, and lightweight, yet it's got what it takes when it comes to coinshooting and other subcategories of detecting.

Here's one place to find one.

Of course, Kellyco is not the ONLY dealer out there, nor is the Ace 250 the ONLY good starter machine.

But that's a good machine at a good price, in the link above.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.