Home Metal Detecting
Options

Silver!!!!!

Over the past week, I have managed to find 8 silver coins. There is an empty housing area (houses are being renovated) near my house and I'm normally able to get out for about an hour and a half every afternoon after I get off of work. While the housing area isn't too very old, the houses were built in the 50's and it definitely seems like no one has ever ran a detector over most of the yards. As of today, I've found 200 coins total out of about 4 yards (mostly front yards) and there are still coins in the ground. Out of those 200 coins, I've found maybe 20 wheaties plus these 8 silvers and a whole bunch of pennies. I've had fun and I try to stay as long as I possibly can. I have carried my surefire flashlight with me the past three evenings as I try to find that "last coin" for the day. My "last coin" today was a 61D silver Rosie. As I was gathering my stuff, the 2500 sung another sweet tune right next to my "last coin". Could it be possible? Another silver to end the day? I decided that the 61D Rosie would be my next to "last coin" and this one would be my last. The imaging was jumping around from 1c-10c but I decided to dig anyway. I was a little disappointed, but at least it was a wheatie (date undeterminable at this time).

By the way--I haven't even began to touch the area yet. I've detected maybe .5% of the area under renovation. I have a very strong feeling that I won't get to go over too much of it, (renovation is going quick) but the area I can get over, I'm going to enjoy it.

I had went what seemed like forever without finding a silver coin (since Feb 06-Nov 07) and then within about three weeks, I've been able to pull 15 silvers out of the ground. Needless to say, I'm pretty happy with the results.

Here's a pic of the latest silver coins.

25C- 53D
Rosie's--51D, 58D, 59D, 61D, 62D
Mercury--27 and 42

Thanks for looking!!!

Speer34
Speer34

imageimageimage

Comments

• Options
    gene2393gene2393 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭
    congrats on the finds
  • Options
    Sweet, hit em while you can!!!
    imageimage
  • Options
    Go get 'em!....Nice finds for sure. Where's the pics though????image
  • Options
    Thanks all. I'm trying to hit it as hard as I can with the limited amount of daylight I have. Hopefully this weekend I will be able to get out there hit it hard.

Millenium--Look under the tag on my signature line. There is one pic there--the quality is crap, but it's a pic.

Speer34

imageimageimage
  • Options
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eight in one week?

Geez, man, you've got three or four times my yearly quota from recent times, right there! image

Even in my more active days of the mid-1990s, I would have considered eight in one week to be grand, indeed.

Bravo! image

I'm up to three for all of 2007. But Saturday I hope to employ ... the secret weapon. Buahahaha.

(Not so much secret weapon, really, but we have the green light on a probably-virgin, potentially juicy site. We shall see.)

I would be thrilled if I pulled up my yearly total to equal your weekly total. There's not much of the year left for me to do that, though!

We'll see how the "secret weapon" does. image

PS- I doubt I'll catch up to you in silver total, but I fondly hope to cap off the weekend with a piece of Seated or Barber silver, on this site. Again, we shall see...

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Santa came early for you. And when you get through with all of those yards I would go over them again. WTG.
  • Options
    Wow Scott, that's an incredible location for detecting. I'll be looking forward to seeing what else you find! Mary
    Be Still and Know
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Super finds... keep on diggin'... Cheers, RickO
  • Options

<< <i>Millenium--Look under the tag on my signature line >>

Sheesh!..old age is a terrible thing...lol...good going...image
  • Options
    At one time, I use to know how to post the pic directly in the post. I'm going to see if I can't get them loaded into photobucket and post them that way.
    Speer34

imageimageimage
  • Options
    phutphut Posts: 1,087
    Nice weekimage