Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways

SEE POST #22 - IN THE CHRISTMAS SWAP**YN is now closed - see 1st Post

2»

Comments

• BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just able to get back on the home PC....

My son got his yesterday and was pretty darn happy (though, my mom, who is visiting, said she was going to go through her 2nd childhood if this is what it means (she likes coins too image ))....

My son received:

5000 styrofoam peanuts (nice way to get rid of them Wade image )
    1954-D PCGS MS63 Franklin - blast white
    1968 Mint Set OGP (my birthyear remarkably)
    1966 SMS in OGP (I had to show him how to open as, in his excitement, he was ready to rip into it like it was another wrapping image ) image
    Colorized MA SHQ (again, remarkably enough, my birth state...wow!)
    5 circ mercs (1926, 1943d, 1942/1d *, 1944, 1935)
    Proof 1976 Kennedy (slight toning)
    2001d & 2001p unc Kennedys
    circ 1951 Franklin
    1948 canadian cent (XF)
    1963 canadian cent (XF)
    Another 5000 styrofoam peanuts
    * .... note....I know it wasn't a 1942/1d merc, I just wanted to see if people were paying attention or not image

(I think that covered it all....he was pulling things out and looking at them with his new Eyeclops (parent's note....don't buy that for your kids....touchy and not as great as it looks in the ads) so I wanted to make sure it was all back together so I can let folks know image )

Had a happy kid image
    Thanks to all, and especially to MH2 for organizing all this and sending it out on his own dime!

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• bstat1020bstat1020 Posts: 2,151 ✭✭
    * .... note....I know it wasn't a 1942/1d merc, I just wanted to see if people were paying attention or not

My jaw dropped when I read your post Bochiman! Then I read the footnote!

• << <i>Just able to get back on the home PC....

My son got his yesterday and was pretty darn happy (though, my mom, who is visiting, said she was going to go through her 2nd childhood if this is what it means (she likes coins too image ))....

My son received:

5000 styrofoam peanuts (nice way to get rid of them Wade image )
    1954-D PCGS MS63 Franklin - blast white
    1968 Mint Set OGP (my birthyear remarkably)
    1966 SMS in OGP (I had to show him how to open as, in his excitement, he was ready to rip into it like it was another wrapping image ) image
    Colorized MA SHQ (again, remarkably enough, my birth state...wow!)
    5 circ mercs (1926, 1943d, 1942/1d *, 1944, 1935)** NOTE TO SELF: LOOK AT THE COIN NEXT TIME DUMMY!
    Proof 1976 Kennedy (slight toning)
    2001d & 2001p unc Kennedys
    circ 1951 Franklin
    1948 canadian cent (XF)
    1963 canadian cent (XF)
    Another 5000 styrofoam peanuts
    * .... note....I know it wasn't a 1942/1d merc, I just wanted to see if people were paying attention or not image

(I think that covered it all....he was pulling things out and looking at them with his new Eyeclops (parent's note....don't buy that for your kids....touchy and not as great as it looks in the ads) so I wanted to make sure it was all back together so I can let folks know image )

Had a happy kid image
    Thanks to all, and especially to MH2 for organizing all this and sending it out on his own dime! >>

I'm glad that everyone is happy so far.

<< <i>* .... note....I know it wasn't a 1942/1d merc, I just wanted to see if people were paying attention or not

image >>

Heh...got one image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• << <i>

<< <i>* .... note....I know it wasn't a 1942/1d merc, I just wanted to see if people were paying attention or not

image >>

Heh...got one image
    image >>

Make that two. image

I was gonna ask for pics, untill I read the footnote. image
    (Old man) Look I had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was, “That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah”.

(Priest) BLASPHEMY he said it again, did you hear him?
    Heh...sorry about that guys...it was just a simple 1941d that I thought I would tease ya'all with image

• bigtime36bigtime36 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
    Very happy indeed, will have to get pics with the coins for Rachel, i have a few new albums that I will get her going with.

Collect raw morgans, walkers, mercs, SLQ, barber q. Looking at getting into earlier date coins pre 1900s.

• So I did ok as a grab bagger this year?

• Did ok. Understatment of the year . You did great MH2 thank you .
    Wade,

You did a great job and made a lot of kids happy!
    (and, their parents as well as we got to watch the joy when they opened the gifts image )

• Thanks to all who gave in for the grab bags, all have very big hearts!

I got a 1967 SMS half
    a coin from the Admiral gardner
    An original new york penny with I think the date 1747
    1981 Proof kennedy
    Begginers book on coins
    PR69 ICG 1971 Ike
    a barber quarter
    1954s DIme
    4 mercs 4 foreigns
    anda 1950 s cent

My biggest thanks goes to all who put this together

• << <i>Did ok. Understatment of the year . You did great MH2 thank you . >>

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Maybe next year we should have a O.F. grab bag as well.

OF= old fart.

Thats me. image
    (Old man) Look I had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was, “That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah”.

(Priest) BLASPHEMY he said it again, did you hear him?
  • themasterthemaster Posts: 676 ✭✭✭
    Thank you to all who contributed to this wonderful YN giveaway. Amaya/Austin Morelli received their package yesterday. They were overjoyed with what they recieved:

Mylar encased "Odd Shaped Coins of the World"
    Whitman book "Coins Questions and Answers"
    1968 Proof set
    2003 ASE unc.
    1943 1c NTC MS67
    1955-s 1c INB MS69
    1949-s Franklin
    1966 SMS Kennedy
    5 Merc. dimes
    Misc, assorted coins

Happy Holidays

Have a Great Day!
    Louis

"If you would know the value of money, go and try to borrow some." Benjamin Franklin