Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways

SEE POST #22 - IN THE CHRISTMAS SWAP**YN is now closed - see 1st Post

THANKS AND JOIN IN.

UPDATE***

I will be closing down the YN admission at 4:00 p.m. PST today.

As for donators- I'm waiting on 1 pkg and if anyone else wants to get in - best to send a PM today with a phone number to call you and I will give you my info. I will be splitting up the grab bag stuff on Sunday and distribute to all the YN's that are entered. The pkgs will go out on Wednesday via Priority Mail so all have them in time for their GRAND OPENING TO THE HOLIDAY'S!!!!!!!!!!!

where is smotis when ya need him to pin it to the top??????
*************************************************************************************

The YN's:
1- Ronnie Farrell Jr. (Bochiman)
2- Vaughn Woodard (woodardcoin)
3- Chad Williford (SilverEagles92)
4- Nathan Ritter
5- Austin & Amaya Morelli (themaster)
6- Erik Shefler (laxmaster92)
7-Rachel Henriksen (bigtime36)
8- Musky1011- need to send me a name!
9- Ajia- need to send me a name!!
10- Bstat1020- I need your YN's name also!!

We have 10 boxes folks!

The contributors:
TorinoCobra71; lonelyp; mojoman;Bstat102; Bochiman; Bajjerfan; woodardcoin; Slipgate; and yours truly the MH2.
* I'm waiting on 3 folks who said they would donate- when the pkgs arrive I will liost them.

Now for the YN's that have entered- you must let us all know what you got in the grab bag- even though I have a clue of what you will be getting- I might have Mrs MH2 do the majority of the bag fixin so I can be clueless as usual.

Comments

• bstat1020bstat1020 Posts: 2,151 ✭✭
    I will send out my donations today.

Also please add my daughter, Madelyn, to your grab bag swap.

Old picture as she is 3 yrs old now, but she has her own coins! She reminds me that those are hers too! (Yes that is my bald head!)

Thanks,

Bstat
  • TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭
    I have sent my donation to MORGANHUNTER2!

TorinoCobra71

• My donation will be on its way in the AM. image

Best wishes for the season.
    Paul
    (Old man) Look I had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was, “That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah”.

(Priest) BLASPHEMY he said it again, did you hear him?
  • Thanks Guys- now lets see some YN's Pm me so you can get in on the grab bag.

• Keep PM guys..

I'm enjoying this....

and for those that may be wondering - who the hell is paying the freight?

I AM.....................

<< <i>Keep PM guys..

I'm enjoying this....

I AM..................... >>

Pony up my SEVEN bucks............

TorinoCobra71

• << <i>

<< <i>Keep PM guys..

I'm enjoying this....

TorinoCobra71 >>

NO- I'm only paying it one way- OUT my door and onto those of a YN-

the only thing you qualify for in this - YOU ARE DONATOR....

so smile...
  • Donation mailed,in my Grandson Tylers name he loves to GIVE and He has been blessed in receiving(giveaways won on the forums, thank you everyone)
    you should have it soon image
    How many Y.N's are there?
    GOD BLESS ALL ,mOjO
    Ebay Seller I.D
    the_northern_trading_company
    ace@airadv.net
    imageimage
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My donation is being mailed in the morning....wasn't able to get it out today (work made me miss the PO).

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• OK- here is how the grab bag stands as of today:

I have 8 in for the grab bagger and 9 in that are donating to the cause. 9(Not counting yours truly)

I have recieved from 2 so far- and I have boxes lined up in my little office here at home-(wife is mad).

Remember you YN's I need mailing info.

Donaters- when you send me a PM regarding a donate- don't ask what I want- just send the PM- the idea is for the YN's to get something that they never expected to begin with. It does not have to be graded stuff, but please don't send something that you don't want (junk).

Someone asked me what I am putting in the mix- well I have about 300 proof sets dating back to the mid 50's, and then there are the mint sets, and of course loose stuff that I in my evil mind cherried but am not collecting any longer- it was the OCD in me.

So I will let the Boomer know whatI'm tossing in the hat, besides the shipping of the items.

I think when all is said an done- each grab bag could topple the $50-100 numistamtic value- not the raw value.

It will be interesting to see what the YN's say with what they get..They have to post here (or at least the adult version has to)

Have a great day all- I am off to fix a kitty......

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Keep PM guys..

I'm enjoying this....

TorinoCobra71 >>

NO- I'm only paying it one way- OUT my door and onto those of a YN-

the only thing you qualify for in this - YOU ARE DONATOR....

so smile... >>

Smiling........

imageimageimageimage

TorinoCobra71

• I'm bumpin for posterity.

• slipgateslipgate Posts: 2,301 ✭✭
    My donation will be in the mail to you tomorrow!

My Registry Sets! PCGS Registry
  • Thank you slipper

• A big thanks to the Bochiman, Woodardcoin, and the mojoman his self- pkg's rcvd.

• Mr. Bajjerfan hisself has donated to the YN bag!

n he very seldom comes here to visit!
  • BUMP...
  • Another package arrived today- a warm thank you goes out to the Slipgate himself.

smoe lucky YN is gonna start a registry set with what was in this pkg.........

you da man slip--image

• << <i>A big thanks to the Bochiman, Woodardcoin, and the mojoman his self- pkg's rcvd >>

You are welcome image
    Ebay Seller I.D
    ace@airadv.net
    imageimage
  • TAKIN THIS TO THE TOP
  • ajiaajia Posts: 5,403 ✭✭✭
    OK, I have been trying to get my YN (that's her in the picture) to sign up, but she's too embarrassed!
    We look over my collection & she has her own and enjoys it, but is not the most involved in coins.

Her passion is drawing characters...madam milano.

Anyway, I'd like to sign her up.

MH2, let me know if there's still time to send a package to distribute out to the other YN's.
    I can send it today, you're just down the road & I would suspect you would have it by Wednesday.

• << <i>OK, I have been trying to get my YN (that's her in the picture) to sign up, but she's too embarrassed!
    We look over my collection & she has her own and enjoys it, but is not the most involved in coins.

Her passion is drawing characters...madam milano.

Anyway, I'd like to sign her up.

MH2, let me know if there's still time to send a package to distribute out to the other YN's.
    I can send it today, you're just down the road & I would suspect you would have it by Wednesday. >>

Augie - send her name- she has been added to the YN section. (You get added to the donator section when it arrives)imageimage
    Wade, sorry.
    Her name is Amanda.

You still at the same address?
  • Augie- I got the pkg yesterday- dude smoe yunguns are going to be surprised with slabs!!!!!
  • GEEEEE,

Some of these posts make me feel image I tried to make it a nice roll of circ Mercsimage

I can only do what I can. image

Paul
    (Old man) Look I had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was, “That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah”.

Paul,

I think we can all say it's the thought that counts.
    A roll of Mercs is great IMO, spending some time going through them should make any YN (& parent) happy.

Happy Holidays to all.
  • That's the goal of the YN grabbag isn't it. To spark more intrest in coins and give the parents more to do in the way of spending time with the kids . image
  • For all of you that donated to this grab bag- I truly thank each one here.

I do not one person to feel sad about what they donated to this- it was not what you gave- but the fact that you gave to a stranger to send this out to Youngsters- which all went out yesterday and you should of seen the look on the Postal lady- it was enjoyable.

Now I did send each one with a D/C- so they will all make it on time.

I planned it so you parents can either say not until xmas or let em rip it open.

The YN's need to post HERE what they got- I and Mrs. MH2- did our best to divvy the items equally- that was the tough part- I'm sure folks will be happy- if not then I do hope I recieve a PM before you slash n bash here on the boards..

Enjoy one and all

MERRY XMAS
    Wade,

Amanda's gifts arrived today.
    Good thing I'm on vacation this week.
    I am going to gift wrap it after I'm done here & place it under the tree!

Thanks for putting this on,

Augie
  • slipgateslipgate Posts: 2,301 ✭✭
    Thanks Wade for organizing the whole thing. I am sure all of the YNs will be very happy. My daughter is 3 and perhaps will pick up an interest in coins some day. When she does, I'll put her on the list!
    My Registry Sets! PCGS Registry
  • Trust me I'm not sad that I contributed, or about what I gave.

Just seeing registry coins mentioned, and slabs, I would have liked to be able to do more.

Between this grab bag, booms drive, and the secret santa giveaway, I feel like Santa himself.

Thank you for doing this MH2, AND Askraq for the Secret Santa.
    Not to mention Boom. I know alot of work goes into these things. And I just get to have fun. image and image

Not only to the three of you, but to all who gave.

Paul

• bigtime36bigtime36 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
    Well I hope that no one here slash's n bashes about what they receive, all of you that put this on should pat your selves on the back. You are all truly insperational!!!!!

Jim

Collect raw morgans, walkers, mercs, SLQ, barber q. Looking at getting into earlier date coins pre 1900s.

• Just for clarification. What is the "cut off age" for a YN?

I'm gonna start working on next years donation(s).

• bigtime36bigtime36 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
    got package today, will let her open Christmas morning. Thanks to all that contributed to this effort for YN's

Jim

Collect raw morgans, walkers, mercs, SLQ, barber q. Looking at getting into earlier date coins pre 1900s.

• BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My son got his yesterday as well but I made him put the whole thing under the tree to wait for Tuesday image

Thanks for all the work, Wade!

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Well I have not checked in with the PO today- but it looks like 3 pkgs have been recieved so far.

again- I thank all the contributors in helping me do this.

Oh- Paul- the YN cutoff I believe is at 18- if I am mistaken- I hope smoeone chimes in.

By the way- I had fun doing this even if my wife is mad at me for spending money on the shipping.

I feel good inside my heart- hope the kids enjoy it.
  • If she's too mad, I'm willing to help take the sting out. image

• Got my Grab Bag last week, and boy was I excited to rip open that package!!

I got 5 or 6 different Buffalo nickels, two of which I needed to go in my Buffalo Nickel Whitman folder.

Got 5 different Walking Lib Halves, oldest was a 1938. Pretty cool!

Got 3 different Mercury dimes, one 1943 looks to be high AU or low MS. Nice luster on that one.

Thanks so much for the awesome Grab Bag! You guys are all great!

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and Happy New Year!

-Chad Williford
    To support LordM's European Trip, click here!
  • I would like to say THANK YOU to you and all the other members that make this forum what it is suppose to be "FUN" and ALSO for all your time and contributions you ALL have made, MAY GOD BLESS YOUR ALL AND YOUR FAMILYS image
    Ebay Seller I.D
    ace@airadv.net
    imageimage

• << <i>Got my Grab Bag last week, and boy was I excited to rip open that package!!

I got 5 or 6 different Buffalo nickels, two of which I needed to go in my Buffalo Nickel Whitman folder.

Got 3 different Mercury dimes, one 1943 looks to be high AU or low MS. Nice luster on that one.

-Chad Williford >>

I think this was a "Secret Santa"

• << <i>

<< <i>Got my Grab Bag last week, and boy was I excited to rip open that package!!

-Chad Williford >>

I think this was a "Secret Santa" >>

I think so to- he has not rcvd the one I sent yet- that might be in today's mail- pending the storms in the midwest..
  • Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    Y.N. package came today

Thnx

He won't be able to open untill new years eve

Thnx

Jim
    Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Got my Grab Bag last week, and boy was I excited to rip open that package!!

-Chad Williford >>

I think so to- he has not rcvd the one I sent yet- that might be in today's mail- pending the storms in the midwest.. >>

Then I think I rec'd the Grab Bag today -

Got an Eagle ALbum for mint sets, very nice.

Got an INB Certified set of "MS70" Westward Journey nickels. Nice coins, but nowhere near MS70 image

Also hot a barber quarter, a handful of silver dimes, and some proof coins. A silver proof Roosevelt, and a proof Kennedy half.

I hope this is the right one this time.

Thanks to whomever sent itimage
    To support LordM's European Trip, click here!

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

-Chad Williford >>

I think so to- he has not rcvd the one I sent yet- that might be in today's mail- pending the storms in the midwest.. >>

Then I think I rec'd the Grab Bag today -

Got an Eagle ALbum for mint sets, very nice.

Got an INB Certified set of "MS70" Westward Journey nickels. Nice coins, but nowhere near MS70 image

Also hot a barber quarter, a handful of silver dimes, and some proof coins. A silver proof Roosevelt, and a proof Kennedy half.

I hope this is the right one this time.

Thanks to whomever sent itimage >>

• Vaughan's grab bag came in today I'll let everyone know his reaction on Tuesday when he rips it open . And thank you to all involved in the grab bags . A huge thanks to MH2 for puttting this all together . This is my first year on the forums but I have already started a box to fill to the rim for next years YN grab bag .
  • Well the big day is over- and so far have not had a response of the grab bag- either everyone is happy or all are sad..

Which one is it?

• I have to admit I've been here on and off all day. I thought I'de be seeing some posts, but noooooooo!image

What do you think?. Would a thread on the main USCF board, for both Grab Bag, and Secret Santa replies be a good idea?
    Some members who never read this board might get interested enough to join in next year.

Let me say that we (Amanda, Mom & Myself) were all excited over opening the 'presents' Amanda recieved from here & AskRaq's 'Secret Santa'.
    And that excitement continued after opening the gifts. Thanks everyone.
    Here is a shot of her gifts

In all honesty, that VAM book might just go MIA for a while! image

Thanks Again Everyone.
  • Sorry no pics as of yet . But I did want to let everyone know that Vaughan loved his grab bag and wanted to know the history behind every single coin in the box. (Which is great to me I may even learn a thing or two myself along the way) . So from Vaughan and myself a huge thank you to all involved and MH2 thanks for the time and effort put forth on your part to make this happen . I have already started a box in the corner to fill with donations for next year . So MH2 get ready lol.
  • bstat1020bstat1020 Posts: 2,151 ✭✭
    Madelyn loved her grab bag!! Smiles from ear to ear!

She received:

2003S NGC PF69UCAM Lincoln
    2000D INB MS70 Sac

4 Mercs, 3 Jeffersons, 2 Kennedys, 1 Franklin, and 2 Canadian Cents

Thanks to MorganHunter2 for hosting this great grab bad for all the YNs!!