Home› Metal Detecting
Options

BEWARE!

Of the IVY that is POISON! Even in these colder months the roots are still of full of urishol!!! This from digging under a stone wall 5 days ago.

image
My eBay:
http://myworld.ebay.com/crazyslasher27


Looking for someone to appraise a stamp collection I recently acquired. Please PM me if you can help!

Comments

  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For sure... it does not get weaker... and the roots can also contaminate. There is a helpful creme to use BEFORE contamination... you can find it in hardware stores in the plumbing or automotive section... they use it before working in grease etc.... makes a protective coating and contaminants (either grease, oil or poison ivy) wash off without getting to the skin. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Do you know what it's called? And what do you mean by contaminate?
    My eBay:
    http://myworld.ebay.com/crazyslasher27


    Looking for someone to appraise a stamp collection I recently acquired. Please PM me if you can help!
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Contaminate means to be contacted by the urishol... I do not remember the name... but it is readily available.. ask. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Ahh, I got ya. I think mine was from breaking small roots to get my trowel down and then having them rub on my wrist.
    My eBay:
    http://myworld.ebay.com/crazyslasher27


    Looking for someone to appraise a stamp collection I recently acquired. Please PM me if you can help!
  • Options
    Thank God I'm not allergic to poison ivy... That must suck!
    image
    To support LordM's European Trip, click here!
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 45,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eeew. I thought that picture was gonna be of some poison ivy, not of its effects on human skin. image

    Been there, done that, got the T-shirt. Several times.

    It's chiggers that did me worse than any poison ivy, though.

    Collector since 1976. On the CU forums here since 2001.

  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chiggers and ticks can be real dangerous with the advent of Lyme disease... nothing to mess with. Have several acquaintances who have had it.. one nearly died. Be careful. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leaves of three, let it be.
    Leaves of four, smoke some more.
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options
    only four leaves ?
    Molon Labe
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it was 'four or more'.....image Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    phutphut Posts: 1,087 ✭
    Yikes!!
    I caught a little last winter. Benadryl gel at first itch stops the blistering and the itch.
  • Options
    I'm going to have poison ivy now for just looking at that. Good luck to u I hope u get better.
    image I keep a census on Hawaii Error notes, Radars, Repeaters, Hawaii Stars (all denominations), Low serials, 6 of a kind, 7 of a kind, Canceled notes, AC blocks, ZB blocks, FC blocks, Uncut sheets and Late plates. If you have any information you would like to share please PM me. Thanks.image
  • Options
    I know your pain---poison ivy sucks.

    Reminds of the time I was climbing up a tree shirtless. I had failed to realize that the entire way up my chest had been rubbing against a poison ivy vine. Needless to say I was using that pink ointment for about a week after.
  • Options
    there is a plant that cures poison ivy, and it usually grows near it, i have no idea what it looks like, but a google search may show it, i personally prefer laquer thinner, probably not good for the skin, but it sure gets rid of the toxic venom that those plants spit out
  • Options
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options
    Makes me happy I am not allergic to poison ivy! image

    Sorry about your pain, buddy.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did not know about Jewelweed... very interesting.. I will look for that in the wild. I do not (or at least did not as a young fellow) catch poison ivy... used to clean yards (made good money) of the weed by pulling it out bare handed. However, I know many people who are affected by it... this is interesting information. Thanks, Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    neat stuff about the jewel weed...we used to call them "pop dragons" as kids....i can roll in poison ivy and not be bothered in the least, but poison oak is another subject though....as i kid i managed to get poison oak on my willy, from peeing in the woods no doubt...i woke up one morning and my unit was swollen up like a campbell's soup can, yikes!!!!!!... my dad took me to the emergency room where it was diagnosed as poison oak, but only after every nurse in the place came in for a looksie....ha! my old man got a kick out of that.....anyway, it's a good idea to wear gloves and try not to touch the unit while peeing in the woods....hh
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OUCH!!!!!! Cheers, RickO
Sign In or Register to comment.