Home Metal Detecting
Options

I saw a guy drop a Lincoln cent

and I said "hey Bob, you dropped a penny" and he says he don't bend down for a penny. As soon as he left I picked it up and to my surprise it was a 1940 wheatie. It was a good "find".
"If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good pickup... I always pick up cents I see on the ground... and other coins. Found $22 in the parking lot last week... just blowing along... I picked it up. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That guy would never make a metal dectorist. He wouldn't pick up Walnuts either.

• Options
    Clearly he did not understand the potential fraction-of-a-cent profit he could make by melting it! image
  • Options
    it was heads up and still he did'nt pick it up?....penny earned/found is a penny saved....hh
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Have you ever seen people glue coins down in front of their business and just laugh their head off when someone tries to pick them up? If I am around a business I kick at them first and if they do not move I don't try to pick them up, otherwise I grab them. We have a change can for the orphans and I know they can use it!
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I find 'glued' pennies, I take out my trusty leatherman and 'unglue' them.... and laugh at the people who put it there..image Cheers, RickO
  • Options

<< <i>When I find 'glued' pennies, I take out my trusty leatherman and 'unglue' them.... and laugh at the people who put it there..image Cheers, RickO >>

LOL..I came home one day after work and found a coin in my driveway. I too pulled out the Leatherman and poped the coin free. I looked up at the house and the kids had a long face. They thought I would have a hard time with the coin..image

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options
    pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭

<< <i>When I find 'glued' pennies, I take out my trusty leatherman and 'unglue' them.... and laugh at the people who put it there..image Cheers, RickO >>

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    I always look at it like its a hundred percent profit when u find a penny on the ground!!image
    image I keep a census on Hawaii Error notes, Radars, Repeaters, Hawaii Stars (all denominations), Low serials, 6 of a kind, 7 of a kind, Canceled notes, AC blocks, ZB blocks, FC blocks, Uncut sheets and Late plates. If you have any information you would like to share please PM me. Thanks.image
  • Options
    phutphut Posts: 1,087
    If it took 2 seconds to pick up the penny, you worked for $18 an hour. Being a wheaty....you got a huge raise.
  • Options
    gene2393gene2393 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭
    maybe he was purposely droping cents or something for someone like you to find them

gene2393