Home Metal Detecting

Titaninum wedding ring---found!!!

I got a call this morning from a father who's son had lost his Titaninum wedding ring while field dressing a deer affer dark. A local business person had told them to give me a call. ( I think that most people around here know that I detect.) They took me to the area and in about 5 minutes I had the ring in hand. The son was more than glad. The dad asked if there was anything that they owed me. I told them a simple "Thank You" was enough. Needless to say I got that more than once from them. Kinda made my day too.

Comments

• kevinstangkevinstang Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭
    Cool story, no venison to eat for you?
  • image Did you get a picture? Should have cause you can put that in for Best Jewelry.

G.
    imageimageimage
  • Good job...Any photos?

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Way to go Pocketpiece! Congrats on the Return. You will find something good in the next few hunts!

Karma Rules!!!!!
    imageimage
  • A true Thanksgiving story! I'm with Ron, what you give in this life you receive back, threefold. (I think the Bible says it differantly lol)
    Spoken by the Cosmic Muffin, Mary, from Maine. image
    Be Still and Know
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice story... always feels good to make someone happy. Cheers, RickO
  • Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    shoulda said gosh darn pop tops and put it in your pocketimage
    Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • CgbCgb Posts: 710
    Hmm, I never heard of a Titanium wedding ring... ah well I don't know much about jewelry anyway.

Great find, great story. image

• << <i>A true Thanksgiving story! I'm with Ron, what you give in this life you receive back, threefold. (I think the Bible says it differantly lol)
    Spoken by the Cosmic Muffin, Mary, from Maine. image >>

good job ppc....remember mary...it's a wise man who rules by the stars and a fool who's ruled by them....over and out....hh
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>A true Thanksgiving story! I'm with Ron, what you give in this life you receive back, threefold. (I think the Bible says it differantly lol)
    Spoken by the Cosmic Muffin, Mary, from Maine. image >>

• pendragon1998pendragon1998 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Hmm, I never heard of a Titanium wedding ring... ah well I don't know much about jewelry anyway.
    >>

When I was engaged, they tried to sell one to me. The line is that active guys should buy them because they're tough and take a lot of abuse. I think they're gimicky and over-priced.

I think the OP should have gotten a packet of venison steaks as a thank you. If I detected, I might consider charging people asking me to look for something a token amount - say 3% of the value of the item, only if found. That would help cover minor expenses (e.g., batteries, upkeep, gas).
  • Dubba, you listened to BLM too!!!
    I was sad the day the Muffin died image
    Be Still and Know
  • phutphut Posts: 1,087