Home Metal Detecting

Got my first silver coin with the new Explorer SE...

After having this new machine for a couple months, I went out Sunday and monday with a friend that has one. Sunday got a couple deep wheats 6-8 " and the usual clad near the surface.
Monday I went out by myself to an older park 1860 to present. second target was a quarter at 5". 1918D St lib quarter vg - f

Think I'm starting to get the hang of this minelab!
Thanks for lookin
Chicago Ron
imageimage

Comments

• kevinstangkevinstang Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭
    Very nice quarter and an early date mint marked coin to boot, congradulations! I'm still waiting to find my first standing liberty
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations.... well done. Cheers, RickO
  • pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭✭
    Very nice
  • kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome! image
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Wow, that coin actually has some numismatic value! WTG!
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NICE!

It's nearly a decade since I dug an SLQ, and I've never found an early-dated one or a mintmarked example. A friend of mine dug a lovely, VF-ish 1918-S before my very eyes, once, but otherwise, it's been a long time since I have seen one come out of the ground.

Hm. This was the last one I found. It has been a decade.

I got a partial one, once. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • phutphut Posts: 1,087
    Congrats Ron!
    Glad your getting used to the new machine.
  • Ron,

Congrats on the Standing Liberty. What machine were you using in the past? I have looked at some of your posts in the past month or so and I'm absolutely amazed at the jewelry and coins you have found. I went and took a look at your website and see that you make trips to the UK twice a year. Maybe someday I'll get to go back for some detecting.

Speer34
    Speer34

imageimageimage