Home Sports Talk
Options

Can the Eagles upset the Patriots this coming Sunday?

Comments

• Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think we'll have to get the video cameras out for this one boys image
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
    Okay, someone please educate me. How do you read PHI +1650, NE-2800. Also, www.bet365.com, has PHI +1500 and NE -3500. Thank you.

/s/ JackWESQ
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    Let's just put it this way: Andy will be telling the equipment manager to start warming up the bus at halftime.

Ron
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, someone please educate me. How do you read PHI +1650, NE-2800. Also, www.bet365.com, has PHI +1500 and NE -3500. Thank you.

The number after the + sign represents how much you'd get back on a $100 bet. The - is how much you'd have to actually bet to win $100.

In the latter example above, you'd have to bet $3,500 to win $100 on the Pats, or $100 to win $1,500 on the Eagles.

BTW, This is the biggest spread I've ever seen in an NFL game. I recall Indy was favored by 21 at home a couple years back vs the Texans when they were god-awful, but this is ridiculous.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm an Eagles fan, but I'm not a masochist, so I'm not watching this game.
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

Amazing that this year, this will be the 2nd game in one season that you can make a killing on a football game. These kinds of games rarely come across like this. You are lucky if you get 1 game in which you can double your money, but this is insane!!! I'm taking the points for the hell of it. Heck i gave $100++ to a bunch of horses today at Hollywood Parkimage
  • Options
    This game just seems too easy...and Steve has suffered greatly already this season, maybe, just maybe, this will be a....ah, nevermind...

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Eagles website says that Kearse is looking good in practice and should be at full strength for the game.

Perhaps the books made that line figuring McNabb would be out, but I still believe the Eagles have a better chance with Feeley in there.

One thing that scared me and I don't know if anybody noticed this, but the books "notice" everything...is that after the game Brady and Moss were being interviewed by Andrea Kraemer and looked fresh as if the game hadn't even been played...sort of like Secretariat running a mile and a half and after the race looking like he could go another mile and a half more with no problem. The Patriots are scary good no doubt about it, but 22 points scary good? Crazy.

-

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,570 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Perhaps the books made that line figuring McNabb would be out, but I still believe the Eagles have a better chance with Feeley in there.
    - >>

If McNadd plays, the line is 27. He is a wounded duck out there.
  • Options

McNabb is out for Sunday. A smart move in my opinion. This will give him a chance to heal and also give Feeley playing time. They may need him to help make a run at the rest of the season. I would not be surprised if they pull McNabb in the next game if he doesn't play well.

Eagles Injury Report
  • Options
    Come on A.J. - you can beat this overconfident team. The Eagles D steps it up and keeps the Patriots scoring to a minimum.

I'm predicting an Eagles win:

Eagles 28
    Patriots 20

Hey Patriots fans...Get ready to kiss your perfect winning season...Goodbye!
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,621 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Come on A.J. - you can beat this overconfident team. The Eagles D steps it up and keeps the Patriots scoring to a minimum.

I'm predicting an Eagles win:

Eagles 28
    Patriots 20

Hey Patriots fans...Get ready to kiss your perfect winning season...Goodbye! >>

image Steven have you been drinking?
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    for steve van buren and greasy neale , pats will get get smashed,it gotta happen sooner or laterimage prob later image
  • Options

<< <i>for steve van buren and greasy neale , pats will get get smashed,it gotta happen sooner or laterimage prob later image >>

I know I dont need to ask if you have been drinking Randy! image
  • Options
    The answer to the question of "How are the Eagles gonna beat the Patriots?" is simple...The Eagles need to play good old fashioned Eagles smashmouth football...Chuck Bednarik style. Turn this game right away into a brawl. Take a few 15 yarders early in the game...I don't care...we need to send a message to the pretty-boy Patriots that they are playing the Eagles. I don't wanna seen anything nice out there...no helping up the Patriots players after a tackle, etc...No...just knock 'em down and then knock 'em down again harder...football the way it's supposed to be played...EAGLES FOOTBALL...PHILLY FOOTBALL...REAL FOOTBALL!

Eagles 28
    Patriots 20

BTW - to the Patriots trainers...don't forget to bring a few body bags!

-
  • Options
    Ok its apparent to me that Steven is drinking. I thought it might be one too many beers but it sounds like he is hitting the hard stuff now!
  • Options
    Hey - The Patriots are one heckuva football team, but for the Eagles to have any chance...the way I described is their only chance because the Patriots are the more talented team. Admittedly, Belichick is one hard-nosed SOB and he's probably prepared his team for this possibility of the Eagles getting a little "dirty" - the Patriots could respond in kind but it's a chance the Eagles are going to have to take if they want to win this football game. This ain't gonna be no "Night at the Opera" for the Patriots.

Go Eagles!!!!!

-
  • Options
    Easier said than done though. I know the rest of the NFL is tired of our act- throwing bombs for TD's late in the 4th quarter of blowouts, but the fact remains the same Steve- The Patriots are doing their thing and their attitude is "Dont like it? Then do something about it! "

No disrespect, but the Eagles dont have a chance IMO.
  • Options

<< <i>Easier said than done though. I know the rest of the NFL is tired of our act- throwing bombs for TD's late in the 4th quarter of blowouts, but the fact remains the same Steve- The Patriots are doing their thing and their attitude is "Dont like it? Then do something about it! "

No disrespect, but the Eagles dont have a chance IMO. >>

The Eagles could play a perfect football game and unfortunately still lose...the Eagles must play a perfect game and the Patriots are going to have to make a number of major mistakes...admittedly not going to be easy.

I've witnessed a number of sports upsets over the years...I'm just hoping there's another one coming tonight. We'll soon see.

-
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    Right before kickoff, and I am changing my mind.

Eagles are going to win this game.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    DEFENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!TD!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    hey Eagles fans you can get 20-1 odds at matchbook and you can parlay that with enron stock and hell freezing over for some crazy odds!
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    7-7

pats are overrated

JS
  • Options
    librtyheadlibrtyhead Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭
    I hope the Eagles kick their ass! And I'm a Pats fan.........................image
  • Options

<< <i>DEFENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!TD!!!!!!!!!!! >>

Kiss that lead........................

GOOOOOOOOODBYYYYYYYYYYYYYYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    We're playin' EAGLES football tonight baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Now it's time for our D to hand pretty-boy his head!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Early yet.....
    give me liberty or give me death
    my hotelsimage
  • Options
    22 points. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    SACK that preeeeeetttyyyy-boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
  • Options
    Jim Jones better get going, no huddle 4 wide is moving down the field, I did enjoy the moster sack, but Im disapointed no one took
    a shot at Brady on that running play...well worth the 15 yarder. I can't believe these guys don't want donuts.

JS
  • Options
    Commie Boy, why don't you do us all a favor and ban yourself from this thread.
    give me liberty or give me death
    my hotelsimage
  • Options
    ....on the night the Patsies and Brady go down...never

JS
  • Options
  • Options
    WOW, Feely to Lewis just looked like Montana to Rice. OVERRATED>>BOOM BOOM BOOMBOOMBOOM.

JS
  • Options
    How come the Patriots fans ain't cherring? HAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Go Eagles!!!!!

• Options
    Tied up Steve! Im still here bro!
  • Options
    Onside kick is good! Go Eagles!!
  • Options
    I'm lovin it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
  • Options
    image I just cant wait for the dust to settle a bit. Talk to me in the 4th quarter! image
  • Options
    Do you believe in miracles?

"Al Michaels"
  • Options

<< <i>How come the Patriots fans ain't cherring? HAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Go Eagles!!!!!

image >>

image............Pick-em-up...............Throw-em-down...........I hope it's a good game though.....image
  • Options
    now that is some bend but don't break defense!

JS
  • Options
    so far

imageimage
  • Options

Buster Douglas watching this game?
  • Options
    Quick, someone give Perkdog some heart medicine.
  • Options
    Greg Lewis to Andy Reid during practice this week:

"I feel like a Kentucky Fried Idiot"

BAM

JS
  • Options
    and with my 5000th post

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!!!
  • Options
    This is reminding me of January, 1969, Steve! image