Home Sports Talk
Options

Can the Eagles upset the Patriots this coming Sunday?

stevekstevek Posts: 27,774 ✭✭✭✭✭
If Feeley starts, I say "Yes"

If McNabb starts, I say "No"

Comments

• Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    Pats-48
    Eagles-10
  • Options
    As an Eagles fan I hate to say it but...

McNabb starts -- no shot

Feeley starts -- no shot (His arm looked terrible this week, there is a reason the terrible Dolphins cut him).

Patriots are going to run the table. Brady and Moss are going re-write the record books by the end of the year.

J
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steve,

The Philadelphia Phillies have about as much of a chance as the Eagles do of beating the Pats come Sunday, I'm sorry to point out.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    I hope they give the Pats a good game though, Just not good enough to win.image
    give me liberty or give me death
    my hotelsimage
  • Options
    aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭
    Zero chance.

I have not watched all the Patriot games this year but have seen a few. I've watched all the Eagles games and been to two of them. I'm not sure if
    you have seen all the Eagles games this year and their poor play but the QB won't make any difference. Granted the saying "You gotta play the game
    so there is always a chance" rings true I see no shot. Keep in mind the Eagles have no return game of any kind; their defense line has had a hard time
    rushing the passer without any blitz; the defense has not created many turn overs this year; the Birds lack a true #1 receiver (while the Pats picked
    up three this year - Moss, Stallworth, and Welker); the Eagles TE stinks and fumbles all the time; the Eagles still struggle to flow offensively in week 11;
    and their coaching has been average at best.

The Pats have none of these problems.

I watched the Pats smoke the Dolphins in Miami while the Birds struggled most of the game. If the Dolphins score when they had the ball at the Eagles
    one yard line it would of been a close game. The Miami coach made a bad call by not kicking the field goal and at least making it a one score game.

The QB is the least of the Eagles problems this year. If had been healthier sure things would of been better but I don't know if they could even compete
    with the Cowboys this year. Unfortunately the Birds lack of success in recent years with the draft have caught up with them. Picks like McCoy, Bloom,
    Constanine, GoGong, and the receivers just to name a few.

Hopefully, Bellicheck doesn't remember some of the Eagles comments after the camera thing came out and some of the Birds thought maybe the Super
    Bowl would of had a different outcome if that did not happen. Otherwise we could be looking at 70-0.image

aconte
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image Steve you might have out done yourself with this thread!image
  • Options
    Fly Eagles fly as the Pats shoot them down from the sky....image
  • Options
    WondoWondo Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭
    Does anyone want to take the Pats against the Eagles giving me 10:1 odds? image
    Wondo

• Options
    ummmm... nope
  • Options
    I think the Bills are better than the Eagles and they lost to NE 56-10...(In Buffalo!)
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i> Can the Eagles upset the Patriots this coming Sunday? >>

Sorry man

• Options
    The Eagles stink they will lose by at least 21 points
    biged
  • Options
    aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Does anyone want to take the Pats against the Eagles giving me 10:1 odds? >>

On the local Philly morning radio sports talk show, the host asked Hugh Douglas (former Eagles DE) if he would take 20 points and the Birds.
    As of this morning, Douglas politely declined....image

I also think the Bills are better than the Eagles except at QB.

aconte
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    Not one team can beat the Patriots this year.

Patriots 38
    Eagles 6

This is a perfect year for the Eagles to be bad. Dallas, Green Bay, and maybe Seattle should face them in the Super Bowl, and every one of those teams will get smoked.

Super Bowl
    Pats 48
    NFC 13
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    I do think somebody will, you never know. Id still want McNabb at the helm if I was a philly fan though...
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Not one team can beat the Patriots this year.

Patriots 38
    Eagles 6

This is a perfect year for the Eagles to be bad. Dallas, Green Bay, and maybe Seattle should face them in the Super Bowl, and every one of those teams will get smoked.

Super Bowl
    Pats 48
    NFC 13 >>

Change that "3" to a "5" on the Pat-Eagles score, otherwise I agree with you.
  • Options
    Belicheck's memory may be jogged again about Philly planning their post-SB parade before SB 39. They mapped out their whole parade route and somehow the Pats got a hold of it and used it as ammo for their pre-game preparation...
  • Options
    Wake yourself up from that dream of yours!! Just out of curiosity...... what is it about the Eagles that makes you think they have any chance? Eagles are in last place. Their crappy quarterback has an injured knee, ankle and thumb. They average only 20 points a game. They've only beaten one team with a winning record...........

The Patriots are undefeated at 10-0. They started by putting up over 30 points a game, then changed that to 40 points a game and now have decided to put up over 50 points a game. The only exception was when they beat the Super Bowl champs on their own field. That game was the only close game. Nobody else had a chance!

Throwing out stats........the way the Patriots are playing, the Eagles will be soiling themselves before they even run out of the tunnel. Hopefully for them, they will be wearing their dark pants so the stains don't show through!!! I think Kevin Kolb will be in the game before this one is through!!

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    The Eagles are worthless and so is the patsies schedule. I mean, could it get any softer? That is ok, cause come playoff time
    there is no where to hide and no where to hide cameras!

My prediction

2007 Super Bowl

Bucs 41
    Patsies 3

JS
  • Options
    joe stalin must be smoking crack.
  • Options
    Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭

<< <i>The Eagles stink they will lose by at least 21 points >>

Losing by only 21 will be a miracle!
  • Options
    A 22 point NFL spread image
  • Options
    Oh lil joey made it back from hiding under his bed. You pay your bet off yet? Anyways, who has you lil bucs team beat that has a winning record? Lets see... the Bucs beat 1 team that has a winning record...lmao. And who is it... the Tennessee Titans at 6-4. Now please, go back to hiding and dreaming about the 1 "glory year" the bucs had.
  • Options
    It just shows what type of fool we are dealing with here. LIL Joe Stalin lives in a very small frustrating little world, he just isnt firing on all cylinders. And he is a no good welcher to boot---Not a good combination....
  • Options
    I wasn't the one saying that the Bucs would win 2 or 4 games this year! You all ONCE AGAIN underestimated the Chuckster. You laughed
    at how old Joey was and laughed at Garcia and said our D was old...hmmmmmm Brad Johnson was old and so was keenan and that
    D had vets...sounds like another 2002 to me......remember the Raiders and allllllllll that fire power......did you see what we did
    to them??? We didn't need the tuck rule, we didn't need camera men in the other teams locker room, we didn't need to make a point
    each game, we just got to the playoffs and blew EVERYONE UP!

I can assure you that winning a divison with Carolina and New Orleans in it, is much more impressive than a divison with the Fish
    and Bills in it!

Like I said, come playoff time, you can't hide behind a soft schedule!

JS
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    Joe, you laughed at Garcia last year!

Bucs? Nah, not this year.

Chucky may be coaching in Philly next year
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options

<< <i>you can't hide behind a soft schedule! >>

Sorry... you are right... the Pats have a weak schedule, playing (and beating) the Cowboys and Colts. Yes you are completely right with your stunning defeats of the Rams and Falcons. I think its the other way around my friend, the Bucs have been proven to be pretenders each time they face a team with a winning record.
    Oh, and how about paying up on your bet.
  • Options
    please...

Garcia and Reid= Donuts
    Garcia and Gruden=Rings

JS
  • Options
    lil joey + bet = image
  • Options

<< <i>lil joey + bet = image >>

Thanks for beating me too it! Lil Kevin is still hanging on to that Yucs Super Bowl win just like a three year old who refuses to give up his bottle....

Pretty pathetic huh?
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks for beating me too it! Lil Kevin is still hanging on to that Yucs Super Bowl win just like a three year old who refuses to give up his bottle >>

Hey no problem image And in Kevins defense, all that he has is that 1 Super Bowl win to talk about, and about how the Bucs are "doing it again" by playing all the "top" teams such as Atlanta and defeating them... but he cant talk about any game that they play against teams that have more wins than loses, because the Bucs lose to them. The most excitement for Joey since the Bucs win, is being able to tell people he hides under a memory foam matress, rather than the old style...
  • Options
  • Options

<< <i>A 22 point NFL spread image >>

I just saw that as well. I've never been so wrong on a line in my life. I thought the line would be Patriots -11 1/2 to -13 1/2. Just amazing a 22 point line against a 5 - 5 team in which the Eagles aren't all that bad? And the Eagles have a very good defense...yet 22 points! Scary! I mean SCARY! I guess the books figure that Moss is gonna catch touchdown passes at will, and if he doesn't another Patriots receiver will.

-
  • Options

<< <i>If Feeley starts, I say "Yes"

If McNabb starts, I say "No" >>

I think that there's a very good chance that Feeley will start. If he does, the Eagles win the game by 7 - 10 points. Dawkins gives Moss a forearm shiver early in the game to get him scared, and the Eagles D beats up on Brady early with a few hard sacks - he'll get scared as well. Feeley will play so well he'll make Andy Reid forget about playing over-the-hill Donovan McNabb, and allow Feeley to lead the Eagles to the Super Bowl.

Eagles 28
    Patriots 20

-
  • Options
    Steve

You have been watching too much Rocky. The Eagles have NO chance against the new England Cameramen. I don't care if you have
    Terry Bradshaw as a QB handing it off to Jim Brown and Jerry Rice going deep!

The Eagles are a joke and they will get lit up like the other 10 cupcakes before. The sad part for you all is that you are NOT going to make
    the playoffs and you are NOT going to suck hard enough to get a top 5 pick and MVP at Duncan Donuts means nothing. Congrats on that!!

I think its time to dig out your Jeffy Garcia Eagles jersey and jump on the Bucs pirate ship.

Ahoy Steve!

JS
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can assure you that winning a divison with Carolina and New Orleans in it, is much more impressive

Carolina is pitiful, and the Saints can'e even beat the Rams at home! image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>

I just saw that as well. I've never been so wrong on a line in my life. I thought the line would be Patriots -11 1/2 to -13 1/2. Just amazing a 22 point line against a 5 - 5 team in which the Eagles aren't all that bad? And the Eagles have a very good defense...yet 22 points! Scary! I mean SCARY! I guess the books figure that Moss is gonna catch touchdown passes at will, and if he doesn't another Patriots receiver will.

- >>

Here's what makes that line more puzzling and scary as well. The Eagles in my opinion were probably looking past the Dolphins game to this game. Yet the Eagles still beat the Dolphins with basically no problem. Playing the Dolphins of course wasn't the same as a bye-week, but it wasn't a game that took a lot of energy out of the Eagles players. So the Eagles should be in good shape for this game against the Patriots...and there is a motivation factor as well for the older Eagles players as the Patriots beat them in the Super Bowl a few years back.

But of course the books know all this as well, and know everything we know, yet still made it an incredible 22 point spead. Just amazes me. One "problem" I guess is that the Eagles D has not done very well this season with creating turnovers, so I guess the books are looking at that and figuring based on tendencies, that the Eagles won't create points on defense or gain field position with turnovers. Therefore, with all things being equal during the game, the Patriots will win by 22 points....according to the books.

-
  • Options
    If the Pats run the table and go 19-0, is there any debate about them being the
    greatest of all time? I know there are 9 to go, but looks good.

Eagles at home, more like a 29 point spread
    my hotelsimage
  • Options

<< <i>If the Pats run the table and go 19-0, is there any debate about them being the
    greatest of all time? I know there are 9 to go, but looks good.

Eagles at home, more like a 29 point spread >>

<<< Eagles at home, more like a 29 point spread >>>

That was mean! image

But a good zinger nevertheless. LOL

Could I start hating the Patriots as much as I do the Dallas Cowboys? Well, not yet. image

-
  • Options
    I said in another thread I actually think and hope its a close game, but the pats win.

took me 5 years, but post # 1000 image
    my hotelsimage
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>If Feeley starts, I say "Yes"

If McNabb starts, I say "No" >>

I think that there's a very good chance that Feeley will start. If he does, the Eagles win the game by 7 - 10 points. Dawkins gives Moss a forearm shiver early in the game to get him scared, and the Eagles D beats up on Brady early with a few hard sacks - he'll get scared as well. Feeley will play so well he'll make Andy Reid forget about playing over-the-hill Donovan McNabb, and allow Feeley to lead the Eagles to the Super Bowl.

Eagles 28
    Patriots 20

- >>

Wow, you are even more delusional than commie boy. You should be doing cartwheels if they beat the spread.

Patriots 49, Eagles 13
  • Options
    49-13 sounds about right....
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

- >>

Here's what makes that line more puzzling and scary as well. The Eagles in my opinion were probably looking past the Dolphins game to this game. Yet the Eagles still beat the Dolphins with basically no problem. Playing the Dolphins of course wasn't the same as a bye-week, but it wasn't a game that took a lot of energy out of the Eagles players. So the Eagles should be in good shape for this game against the Patriots...and there is a motivation factor as well for the older Eagles players as the Patriots beat them in the Super Bowl a few years back.

But of course the books know all this as well, and know everything we know, yet still made it an incredible 22 point spead. Just amazes me. One "problem" I guess is that the Eagles D has not done very well this season with creating turnovers, so I guess the books are looking at that and figuring based on tendencies, that the Eagles won't create points on defense or gain field position with turnovers. Therefore, with all things being equal during the game, the Patriots will win by 22 points....according to the books.

- >>

Then there is Jimmy Johnson, arguably one of the best defensive coordinators of all time. He's definitely one of the best I've ever seen. All the Eagles and Feeley need to do is keep the offense on the field for a reasonable period of time, then the Eagles D won't tire, and they can keep the pressure on Brady. Of course the books know all this as well, yet still made this game 22 points? Perhaps they figure Patriots bettors are just going to unload on this game, almost no matter what number they put up there considering the Patriots success against the spread, and the way they've been beating up on teams.

This really is unchartered waters here - I can't ever remember a team this good and this dominant in the NFL since I've been following the NFL. And of course Belichick likes running up the scores so I guess that has something to do with the 22 points. Actually I have to believe that if the Patriots are in a tough, hard fought game, that Belichick isn't stupid - if the game is won late in the 4th quarter with like say a 17 point lead, I think he'll change things up and sit on the football.

-
  • Options
    Steve I cant see Belichek just sitting on the ball in the fourth quarter, him and Brady have made it absolutely clear they go out there to score on EVERY drive. It has been proven all season, Im not saying I agree with it but it is what it is.
  • Options

<< <i>Steve I cant see Belichek just sitting on the ball in the fourth quarter, him and Brady have made it absolutely clear they go out there to score on EVERY drive. It has been proven all season, Im not saying I agree with it but it is what it is. >>

And that's going to definitely come back to haunt him...one way or the other...either in possible, unnecessary injury to a key Patriots player, or highly motivating the teams they are beating up on next time they play, and the teams they are going to play.

Eagles experienced this when Buddy Ryan used to do this in certain games. I liked Buddy but never liked when he did that, and it did come back to haunt him.

-
  • Options
    Unfortunately, I don't think the Eagles have a chance in hell to win this game!

Patriots 38
    Eagles 7
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
  • Options
    JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
    Absolutely. The Eagle have a chance of beating the Pats in the sense that they'll be fielding a team and not simply forfeiting (2-0 score ... which would severly hurt the Pats scoring average). But beyond that, I can't see that offense (currently 16th in points and though 6th in total yards) putting up the necessary, hmmm, 42 points it would take to defeat the Pats. Thought they did put up 56 against the Lions in Week 3.

/s/ JackWESQ
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Anyone know the money line?

Found it:

PHI + 1650
    NE - 2800

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options

<< <i>Anyone know the money line?

Found it:

PHI + 1650
    NE - 2800

image >>

I just heard a rumor that Belichick placed a big bet on the Eagles to win.