Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Has anyone checked the Sac Dollars section of the Price Guide??

2»

Comments

• Options
    mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭
    As usuall avoid, go around

And for you

Wonder

Have a Nice Day
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know I was pretty steamed when I sold a pop 6 coin for just under $60. I certainly do not have to tell anyone here just how difficult it is to find such a coin. I sold it in a 7 day auction and I let the market decide. I got burned. Lesson learned.

I then made all 3 (3/0) 2007-P MS67FB and sold one for $300, so its a give and take. I kept 1 and gave a return favor to Dan on the 2nd.

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The dime chart does need work. For example, recent sales of some silver dimes in 67FB were upwards of 200% of guide (Nick even commented how surprised he was at these levels) while some clad sales were less than 50% of guide.

Paul - PM me your phone number and I would be happy to gather up some pertinent information with you on the clads to present to JH.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    gyromacgyromac Posts: 213 ✭✭
    there hasn't been this much fun in the SAC collecting world since the Cheerios Discovery....lol

by the way the price guide is WRONG....a Cheerios just hammered on TT for $14,000 last night (for an ICG67)...maybe i should jump right on the phone and tell JH that the PCGS67 is underpriced by about 50%....anyone have the number????

eric
  • Options
    you're too late- he already knows about it image

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    gyromacgyromac Posts: 213 ✭✭
    so why is everyone so UPTIGHT about the guide???? everyone who deals in these "commodities" knows the market...i highly doubt there is any meaningful opportuity to "arbitrage" the PCGS PRICE GUIDE....lol
  • Options
    GrivGriv Posts: 2,804
    It's about time to see the Sac PCGS prices start to get closer to street price. IMO
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Incidentally the 2005-P MS67FB (6/0) Of which I made (2/0) is sitting at a whopping $70 per coin. I sold my dupe for less then that! >>

Paul hold on to any business strikes you have left.
    The new registry sets needing the 05/07 business strike coins are close at hand. Then maybe we can at last get a fair price for all our work in finding, grading fees these coins.
    I have two more bricks of 07-P's to go through, maybe I'll find a 68FB yet. If so, you can be sure it will never come up for sale, not at the low prices people are willing to give for them.
    Dan
  • Options
    SilverstateSilverstate Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭
    This has been an interesting thread.

Bottomline: Jaime Hernandez is an important guy.

PCGS price guide is a monster to maintain and keep up.

Now, we understand a little bit of what influences the guide.
  • Options

<< <i>Now, we understand a little bit of what influences the guide. >>

And Who

<< 07 P MS68 & 07 D MS67 Business strike Sacagawea Pops blew up pretty good recently, Wonder why they were not adjust downward immediately??? “Wonder who has those coins???? >>
  • Options
    Edited - I thought this was over yesterday. I have been asked to not even respond any more. So, let's just say you got the last word in. Now, let's move on.

Wondercoin
  • Options

<< <i>This has been an interesting thread.

Bottomline: Jaime Hernandez is an important guy.

PCGS price guide is a monster to maintain and keep up.

Now, we understand a little bit of what influences the guide. >>

Maybe my comment was misunderstood.

Mitch, thanks go out to you for being on top of it. The Sac Dollars needed some adjustment and now it done.

Jaime H. Is only an email away If anyone has pricing info for him. He has the job of digesting what would make a pricing influence and what would not influence a change in price.

..Remember this is only a guide, nothing more.
  • Options
    For what it is worth.

I have read this thread front to back and we are not seeing the bottom line.
    The price guide is just that, A PRICE GUIDE
    Definition: something that serves to direct or indicate---to assist.

One thing I learned a long time ago was to not go by the price guide.
    It was there to give me guidance and only that. If I bought or sold a coin that was more
    or less, it was fine with me.

p.s.--If your holding Modern coins to flip and not expecting the pops to go up, you must be naive......

As Dan said, Even the dimes are not even close to what they are selling for. As a Dime collector myself, I
    am not complaining that a POP 3 dime I own has a price guide of only $330. We all have issues with the guide and
    if you dont call to throw your two cents in, nothing will get done.

Have a great dayimage

BILL
  • Options

<< <i>Edited - I thought this was over yesterday. I have been asked to not even respond any more. So, let's just say you got the last word in. Now, let's move on. >>

Sun too bright, too much exposure is not good.

I thought I heard you stomping away from your PC last night, LOL

Good to hear, because I spent a lot of time on a great post that you would have loved to have read.

Move fine, image

Last word in, for now and here

Have a Nice Day Wonder
  • Options
    "Have a Nice Day Wonder"

Thanks. I try to every day!

Silverstate - You are welcome.

Wondercoin

• Options
    DatentypeDatentype Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    I vote for mas as super-sac of the year award winner! Congrats Michael!image
  • Options
    Thank you Mark image
  • Options
    We could use some updates in the PCGS Price Guide.
  • Options
    Jim: The Price Guide editor has not asked me recently for any comments on the Sac series. I am available to assist - just email me your thoughts as you often do on Presidential Dollars and I can pass the information along. Or, if you write Jamie H. directly, just send me a "cc" if you would like me to also comment on any of the coins in question.

Wondercoin
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    fyi, it's Jaime, not Jamie.

It's pronounced "Hi me" , not "Jay me"
    image don't taze me, bro

• Options

<< <i>fyi, it's Jaime, not Jamie.

It's pronounced "Hi me" , not "Jay me"
    image don't taze me, bro

image >>