Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Has anyone checked the Sac Dollars section of the Price Guide??

Has anyone checked the Sac Dollars section of the Price Guide?? Almost all of the coins in the top grades have gone up. Doesn't PCGS usually update the prices when a coin in the grade has sold??? If so I sure would like to know who is selling all of those coins.

Comments

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,706 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Price Guide goes up or down when it is justified - J. Hernandez is doing a bang up job over there.

Take the 2005-P Sac in PCGS-MS69 business strike (pop 1). A board member here owns the coin. That coin is priced now in the Guide at $7,500 even though the coin has never sold since the time the board member purchased it a couple years ago. I would write a check for $7,500 (sight-seen of course) this morning if the board member offered me the coin. I suspect you, too, Hany, would be delighted to pay $7,500 for that coin. Hence, a perfectly justified price level in the Guide even without an actual sale IMHO.

Should the guide still reflect $5,000 on the MS70 Sacs since that is the last price one sold for (even though a dealer I know would pay $7,500 - $10,000 right now to buy one of the 3 coins)?

Way to go J.H. on a superb job with the Sac Dollars!!

Next stop STATE QUARTER Mint State if I can assist J.H. a bit. Ex: Doug's DEL(p) MS69 - IMHO Price Guide needs to go from $7,500 to $12,500 MINIMUM. And, I believe many more coins need to move up as well.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    eCoinquesteCoinquest Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭
    Mitch, Thanks, I wasn't sure if it meant that those coins were recently sold and I missed the whole thing.

image J.H.
  • Options
    Hany - Surprisingly, but true - IMHO if many of those coins had been sold - the Guide would likely need to go up a whole lot more. I predict that 05-P Sac (pop 1) could be the first "five figure" business strike Sac to sell since SF was introduced (assuming the board member decides to sell it in the next 6-12 months)? Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    As far as price guide on the state quarters most of the tough ones have exchanged hands privately so I am not sure Wonder coin is the best reference. As my collection was the last to go I know very well what the coins brought and I all the sales were priavte treaty. Now that the Fuller Collection is going public in a Heritage sale there will be a public record of most coins. That way one can get a good idea from the supply and demand side and not just the dealer side.
  • Options
    I couldn't agree more! If some of the "rarer" coins such as the MS69 Mill. and the 05 MS70s were to be offered I know of at least three fellow collectors who would be willing to pay much, much more than the price guides now say.
    Over all the prices are very reasonable IMO.
    Now, lets see some of those coins up for sale!!
  • Options
    Tes: Stop with the petty insults. If you think your the BEST reference... PM me your prices realized and I'll let you know if something you sent me is earth shattering information. Do you think Doug Rall does not know what the coins are worth - I am sure if JH gets stuck on a Price for the Guide I might discuss with him for example, DR would be a fine source for information - no? Better yet -send over all your information to JH right now - just so you can not complain later.

Wondercoin
  • Options
    mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭
    If private Sale price's are needed we sure have enough of them to help out, State Quarters included image
  • Options
    Wondercoin

My point is that you are not the only dealer that has had offers - Coinfame, Datentype and Tazmic to name others. Doug is an excellent reference but even he has missed out on some pop 1 coins. My point is, with the Fuller Collection being sold in open auction it will be an unbaised basid of some of the coins worth, Including the 2005 MS70 quarters.

I did sell the last 2 pop 3 coins however- I do not wish to give out that information as I believe that is the buyer's right for that inforamtion to remain confidential.

The state quarter market is based on a rather small set of collectors who actually go after the top coins. There are now 3 NJ-P that can be had on the market and I am not sure if there are 3 buyers ready to step up. Again the Heritage auction will be a good test, even though it is only one sale.
  • Options

<< <i>Now that the Fuller Collection is going public in a Heritage sale there will be a public record of most coins. >>

Not sure if this is the best route or best place to track sales information for state Quarters. I for one do not follow Heritage auctions and I'm sure many other State Quarter Collectors do not as well. So how will the sales go? Record breaking price's above PCGS price guide? Below PCGS price guide? Or no sale at all due to some sort of buy back / reserve?

We’ll see
  • Options
    Mas - I now have all of DR's proposed price levels for 1999 coins in addition to mine - we have reached mutual agreement on every single coin. PM me your phone number now and I'll call you to go over all the information and, hopefully, get your "thumbs up".

Wondercoin
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Now that the Fuller Collection is going public in a Heritage sale there will be a public record of most coins. >>

Not sure if this is the best route or best place to track sales information for state Quarters. I for one do not follow Heritage auctions and I'm sure many other State Quarter Collectors do not as well. So how will the sales go? Record breaking price's above PCGS price guide? Below PCGS price guide? Or no sale at all due to some sort of buy back / reserve? We’ll see >>

Heritage Sale could be risky IMHO. Interested buyers should be reading this because some could go very cheap if the open interest is low. I'm not too sure that very many Top Pop State Quarters make it over there, so most may not even think to look.
    Seth
  • Options
    Seth - I have all of the proposed price levels for 1999 state quarters now - if you want to hear about them before they get presented to PCGS for consideration - just say the word - I can call you now.

Wondercoin
  • Options
    XXXXXX Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Seth - I have all of the proposed price levels for 1999 state quarters now - if you want to hear about them before they get presented to PCGS for consideration - just say the word - I can call you now.

Wondercoin >>

I'd be interested in that info. Feel free to call me Mitch. (805) 878-7272 WH
  • Options
    Are state quarters in the world series contest? Is it to late to enter? LOL
  • Options
    XXX approved every price as well when I just ran them past him.

Wondercoin
  • Options
    TahoeDaleTahoeDale Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭
    Mitch,

My teenage son bought 50 rolls of the Delaware quarters when they came out in 99. I do not know if they were P or D. They remain in the original bank rolls today. Should I have him contact you for pricing/grading?

Or are all the high grade specimens in the pop reports from the mint sets?
    TahoeDale
  • Options
    Dale - The high grade coins are from both mint sets and rolls - BUT, the vast majority are Mint set coins. The BS 1999 coins in MS68 are few and far between.

My suggestion - screen the 2,000 roll coins down to the best 80 (2 rolls). Next Long Beach - if you show them to me, I'll be happy to screen the 80 down to the best 5-10 submission coins for you. You buy lunch.

Wondercoin

P.S. Mas is now 100% on board as well with all of the proposed price changes for 1999 state quarters
  • Options
    Proposed changes for 1999 state quarters are now on desk of Price guide editor.

He also intends to investigate the facts surrounding the 1999-P CT quarter in MS69. If he believes there is sufficient evidence to remove the coin from the pop report, he intends to.

Wondercoin
  • Options
    This looks like a good one. I am subscribing to the thread! dr
  • Options
    If anyone notices the updates please let us know, Thanks

One step at a time
  • Options
    Looks like the quarters have been updated now.

Will the Kennedies be next?
  • Options
    Why are Sac's so expensive compared to other series. Are they really that popular? Why are they so popular?
  • Options
    Great to see the 1999 state quarters updated - as much as the coins moved up, IMHO, the moves on some of the coins was still conservative in nature.

Next stop (I hope) - the 2000 series of MS state quarters.

Wondercoin
  • Options
    LincolnsRule:
    Yes, I believe that popularity is the reason that they are so much higher priced than other series.
  • Options

<< <i>Next stop (I hope) - the 2000 series of MS state quarters. >>

Looking forward to working on this project
  • Options
    Boy that Price guide editor is on the ball with up dating the Price Guide. Seems no time is wasted getting red arrows and red numbers, lightning speed !!!! Watched a few coins hit the pop report, sorry only showing in registry sets not even on the pop report which will update on Monday. These coins have been price adjusted down that fast. 2 days since they where out the door of PCGS and price guide adjustments made? Hummmmmmm???? Do you think he even knew theses coins existed? Or was there some influence, I “Wonder” how something like this could happen that fast. Funny thing is I thought the price guide is based upon Sales Figures.
  • Options
    Mas - Best I know, Price Guide is based upon sales figures COUPLED with pop report information. For example, take the 2003-D Sac $1 in MS68....

The pop had remained around 17-18 for a couple years and the price guide was around $3,500. When the Sac chart adjusted last month, I pointed out the Price Guide editor that coins such as the (then) higher pop 2001-P MS69 had sales around $2,500 or so. Also, the higher pop 2002-P MS69 had sales around $3,000. Based upon the significantly (relative) lower pop 2003-D COUPLE with these comp. sales figures for similar top pop coins, I believe the editor was comfortable raising the Guide to $4,000 on the 2003-D. Until earlier this week..... when the near 5 year old pop on the 2003-D Sac DOUBLED in a single day from 18 to 35!!!! Now, the 2003-D is HIGHER pop than any of the comp. coins used in assessing that price hike of last month. Using the comps. my best guess today is the 2003-D is now a roughly $2,250 - $2,500 coin (generously) for Price Guide purposes. Yet, the editor did not go to those levels (yet) - he simply went back to roughly where the 2003-D Ssc was priced prior to the plusing of the coin.

I say GREAT JOB to the editor - adjusting the Guide quickly to address the DOUBLING of a 5 year old pop in a single day. If you have these coins in stock - sure it "hurts" to see a lowering price, but, WITHOUT QUESTION, a justified adjustment to the price guide (I have already received feedback from top Sac collectors supporting the adjustment). And, no different than the handful of PR70DC $50 Gold Eagle prices that also adjusted that day for the same reason (coins I happen to have in stock right now and "suffered" a nearly $7,500 combined adjustment to Price Guide value in a single day).

But, there always one way to PROVE to the Price Guide editor that his adjustment is too far in a direction... post a good faith buy on the coin in question. For example.... any dealers out there willing to pay $3,300 right now ($50 over Guide) for a 2003-D Sac in PCGS-MS68?

Hope this helps. Wondercoin
  • Options
    Mitch, I know you're attempting to help the market, but don't you think this is a bit too much Price Guide control for one dealer? That sure was a fast movement of the prices up and down for any onlooker.
    Seth
  • Options
    Seth - First, not sure where you are coming up with the "one dealer" comment. For example, when I suggested to the editor that the Price Guide on the 2005-P Sac in MS70 (pop 3) sharply rise from the $7,500 level it sits at (a position agreed upon by many - I believe yourself included?), after he consulted with others, the coin did not move up from there. But, generally I try to make fair suggestions for the Guide and throughout the years my suggestions have been shown to be reasonable.

Second, you have to, once again, understand the basis for the move up last month on that particular coin to appreciate the basis for the move down. The earlier date Sacs (best I know) which seldom sell (e.g. 2000-P MS69 pop 6 which hasn't had a public sale in years and last I looked no registry set even contains the coin?) must have price movement in the Guide based upon the combination of pop report information and sales info. if any. FYI - Sac Dollars and state quarters are on the radar screen of the editor right now as the charts are in the process of being adjusted. The 1999 state quarter chart adjusted in 2 days the other week and no one was dissapointed with the speed of that move?

Seth - 2 questions for you if you please...

1. Do you agree that coins should have movement in the guide notwithstanding actual sales one way or the other. For example, that 2000-P MS69 Sac (pop 6) I mentioned (or the 2005-P Sac in MS70SF) - if it fails to have a single sale in 3 or 4 years, do you support appreciation in the price of those coins nonetheless?

2. If you answer "yes" to #1 above, where would you personally have priced a pop 18 Sac (listed at $4,000 in the guide) that jumped to pop 35 in a single day? The Price Guide editor adjusted to $3,250 out of the box - make sense to you?

Wondercoin
  • Options
    My point is that it's not "Mitch's Price Guide" or "Seth's Price Guide" or "Michael's Price Guide". It's the PCGS Price Guide for which many people look to for guidance. Unfortunately many modern prices still need to be adjusted. (I've seen the price guide showing $300 coins at $50 and making everyone look greedy. On the other side, I've seen $110 for a $35 coin, etc.)

If fair pricing is the goal, perhaps PCGS should look to more than one source for pricing?
    Seth
  • Options
    Seth - Perhaps you don't know the editor of the Price Guide well... Jamie Hernandez? He writes the column for the monthly magazine on moderns and knows and understands moderns (Sacs and Lincoln cents being two strong areas for him) with the best of us. No one sharper out there running ANY price guide for moderns IMHO.

Any chance you might answer my 2 questions though, just so I can hear what you have to say as I greatly value your opinion.

Wondercoin
  • Options
    I'm not saying he's doing a bad job. It's a big job and there are a lot of factors in pricing.

1. Prices can and should move when availability is non-existent. This is why prices go up in auctions over time.

2. The problem here is that it was done at one person's suggestion whether done with honorable intentions or not.
    I saw this : 2003 D Sacagawea Dollar PCGS MS68 !!!! Pop Top !!!!! which in my opinion counts as a $3,895 sale that should be a great influencer on the Price Guide.

If fair pricing is the goal, perhaps PCGS should look to more than one source for pricing?
    Seth
  • Options
    Seth - Sounds good. And, I'll take your ebay auction sale example as your view that the Guide is too low at $3,250 right now (there might even be a posted buyer out there at $3,300 as I mentioned as that would be helpful information as well?). Have a great day!

Wondercoin
  • Options

<< <i>Until earlier this week..... when the near 5 year old pop on the 2003-D Sac DOUBLED in a single day from 18 to 35!!!! Now, the 2003-D is HIGHER pop than any of the comp. coins used in assessing that price hike of last month. Using the comps. my best guess today is the 2003-D is now a roughly $2,250 - $2,500 coin (generously) for Price Guide purposes. Yet, the editor did not go to those levels (yet) - he simply went back to roughly where the 2003-D Ssc was priced prior to the plusing of the coin. >>

Wonder how he knew of the coins and also a few other Sac's that the Pop moved by a few or even just 1 coin which where effected as well why such a drastic change to them also.

"Wonder" who was consulted on this one, no one called me?

<< <i>Seth - First, not sure where you are coming up with the "one dealer" comment. For example, when I suggested to the editor that the Price Guide on the 2005-P Sac in MS70 (pop 3) sharply rise from the $7,500 level it sits at (a position agreed upon by many - I believe yourself included?), after he consulted with others, the coin did not move up from there. But, generally I try to make fair suggestions for the Guide and throughout the years my suggestions have been shown to be reasonable. >>

Seth since you where consulted on the 2005 P Sac why did you not know about the current "Quick" price drop on several Sacagawea's

I "Wonder"

<< <i>If fair pricing is the goal, perhaps PCGS should look to more than one source for pricing? >>

So with a phone call one Dealer gets the price guide changed because he said so. I added 200 + State Quarters to the Pop last week. Why have you not jumped on the phone to have them adjusted down?

<< <i>2. The problem here is that it was done at one person's suggestion whether done with honorable intentions or not. >>

I believe OR NOT.

We saw a rise in POP on some 1999 State Quarters in MS68 “Wonder” why they did not decrease. “Wonder” who made them

We saw a rise in POP on some 1999 Kennedy’s in MS68 “Wonder” why they did not decrease. “Wonder” who made them

“Wonder” why no one ran to the editor to adjust the price on these down, I “Wonder”

Funny what a guy would do when he can't get his way.

Have a Nice Day
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is NOT a bash! But I just don't understand why a coin made in the last few years can be worth $7500 because it is in a high grade when you can probably go to the bank and get rolls and find a 65 or maybe even a 66 for a dollar?? There are millions if not billions of these coins. Just think how many haven't been looked at. It's like the 03 cent that is worth so much to some because it is the only MS70. Just think how many 70's are out there that have not been found. AND you can pick up a MS68 for next to nothing. Why do people pay 15K for 2 points on a very very very very common coin??

I just don't get it!
  • Options
    Mas - Seriously, stop complaining about your nice score and enjoy it! IMHO, the coins are NOT worth what the Guide says right now after the very conservative adjustment by Jamie H. I could say a whole lot more, but I will not - let's leave it at that - and you price them anyway you see fit - if you believe they are worth $4,000/coin as a pop 35 that is your 100% right.

Regarding the state quarters - you may have slabbed "200" of them this week, BUT, as you were well aware, the Guide was being addressed -1- year at a time. We did year 1999, but only after all interested parties joinlty agreed on levels to the coins. At the time, you had MS68 1999 coins to sell - in fact, you were the only one on ebay I believe with them for sale. That didn't matter - the price rose on some coins by 10% - 20% or so - a move jointly approved by the group of collectors / dealers presenting information to JH. Silly to suggest I owned some (like you) at the time - I also owned a couple 03-D Sacs in my #2 set at the time I lost value on those coins when pop went from 18 to 35 overnight and pop report adjusted.

Next job - year 2000 state quarters. I have been working up some proposed figures - after I speak with Doug R, I can let you know if you would like and we can discuss those proposed figures just as we did 1999 before the coins got adjusted after JH analyzed the proposed information presented to him (after you / I and others approved it).

Wondercoin
  • Options

<< <i>This is NOT a bash! But I just don't understand why a coin made in the last few years can be worth $7500 because it is in a high grade when you can probably go to the bank and get rolls and find a 65 or maybe even a 66 for a dollar?? There are millions if not billions of these coins. Just think how many haven't been looked at. It's like the 03 cent that is worth so much to some because it is the only MS70. Just think how many 70's are out there that have not been found. AND you can pick up a MS68 for next to nothing. Why do people pay 15K for 2 points on a very very very very common coin?? I just don't get it! >>

The MS70 in question is one of a million or so in population that are in the 2005 Uncirculated Mint Set (Satin Finish). If you search 10,000 sets or about 1%, it is possible not to make any or 1 or 2 possibly? I believe one dealer went through upwards of 3000-5000 sets according to them and did not find the 05P-Sac-70SF. 1,000 sets costs $17,000, so 10,000 sets costs $170,000. I'd say that $7,500 is a good price. Honestly I think I would wait for a better offer if I still had the one I found.
    Seth
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have been working up some proposed figures - after I speak with Doug R, I can let you know if you would like and we can discuss those proposed figures just as we did 1999 before the coins got adjusted after JH analyzed the proposed information presented to him (after you / I and others approved it). >>

The more I read these threads, the more it sounds like price fixing. image
    Dan
  • Options
    Dan - One reason it is important to compare the pricing information is because the coins very often sell in private treaties. With classic coins, you often get press releases announcing the sales - seldom, nearly never, with most moderns. Which is why it is important to "compare notes" on the very low pop coins. But, in the end, it is the Price Guide editor who makes the ultimate decision on a price level.

Wondercoin
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Mitch, I had misunderstood what was being said in the posts.
    You are letting PCGS know about coin prices sold outside normal venues. Thus giving them more info to base price guide levels for coins.
    Nothing wrong with that, I've done it myself with the 1995-D 67FB, and the 05-D and 06-P 67FB coins. All three were sold by me privately, thus PCGS had information for prices these coins would bring.
    And in the case of the 05/06 67FB's none had been sold before, giving them no way of knowing what these coins were going for. image
    Dan
  • Options

<< <i>Mas - Seriously, stop complaining about your nice score and enjoy it! IMHO, the coins are NOT worth what the Guide says right now after the very conservative adjustment by Jamie H. I could say a whole lot more, but I will not - let's leave it at that - and you price them anyway you see fit - if you believe they are worth $4,000/coin as a pop 35 that is your 100% right. >>

So as busy as you are, why the need to jump all over price fixing on the Sac's???

Because you didn't make them??? Because you couldn’t have a piece of the action??? Because.......???

So with a phone call 1 guy can get the PCGS Price guide adjusted.....................

Wonder how hard you stomped and cried when your saw the Pops and they weren't your coins, Oh and than found out they where mine, quick pick up the phone and mess with Me.

07 P MS68 & 07 D MS67 Business strike Sacagawea Pops blew up pretty good recently, Wonder why they were not adjust downward immediately??? “Wonder who has those coins????

<< <i>Price Guide editor who makes the ultimate decision on a price level. >>

With a little influence from……………………….
  • Options
    Mas- The Price Guide Editor, Jamie Hernandez, has specifically asked me this morning NOT to respond to your posts or this subject, so I will not. Instead, I will simply let you know what he intends to tell you directly when you pick up the phone and call him today (he is waiting for your call):

1. The editor specifically asked me to assist him with the Sac Dollar chart. I did not ask him to help or volunteer any information. He told me to ignore the meanspirited postings here.

2. The editor is keeping a close eye on very low pop coins rising sharply in pop so that he can address them quickly in the Guide. While he has a massive job handling all modern coins - he is well focused on particular series - Sac Dollars being one of them.

3. The Price Guide change from $4,000 down to $3,250 on a pop 18 coin rising to 35 was well justified. Further reductions are under review.

Have a great day! Wondercoin

• Options
    DatentypeDatentype Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    There is no question Mitch is the God father of all modern coins and when he calls down a hit on a series - believe me they are gonna listen.

Mike, I personally hope that you make a ton of money from those nice and extremely tough coins. I doubt anyone has reveiwed a greater number of that date than i have and i still have not made one in that grade. However, if the coin is indeed a pop 35 coin, the price adjustment was probably correct. I guess the problem is how quickly the information is exchanged??
  • Options
    The number available at any time is just as important as the total population. As often happens, coins are often made in blocs. If one submitter had all the new ones the price can still be controlled. Monopolies are allowed in the coin world. That is partially the reason SF coins are so hard to price becasue the market is almost impossible to control due to the number of submitters.
  • Options

<< <i>NOT to respond to your posts >>

I'm sure that is because you are afraid or can’t speak the truth. As always go around with your replies

<< <i>07 P MS68 & 07 D MS67 Business strike Sacagawea Pops blew up pretty good recently, Wonder why they were not adjust downward immediately??? “Wonder who has those coins???? >>

Funny how when one dealer makes a good number of the same coins nothing changes on the price guide??

No need to talk to the editor what you have done is done. I have no problem with any of the work they do. It is that you "Jumped" right on it when you could not control the coins or get a piece of the action.

Have a Nice Day
  • Options
    Mas - Figured you would not even bother speaking with him. What could you possibly say? The price in the Guide is still too high IMHO.

Funny thing is a board member alerted me to the new higher pop in the first place in a PM (it is really that guy you should be after!). I had no idea YOU had all the coins or even a good portion of them! LOL.

I do have a buyer for a couple coins at $1,700/coin (your reference to wanting a "piece of the action") - about 1/2 the current price guide price. But, since the highest buyer I see is now at $2,300/coin (about 70% of adjusted guide), I'll alert my buyer that they may have to wait a bit longer.

Finally, regarding 07 coins - had you taken the time to call the editor today, he would have explained why the price (which never rose in the first place - unlike the 03-D) did not drop after those rising pops. But, so you know, I did suggest lowering both of those coins you keep referencing.

Wondercoin

• Options
    "Monopolies are allowed in the coin world"

Tesoro - I am not arguing otherwise (or even in agreement with you).

But, I can tell you what I believe I know (and I am not speaking for the editor here- anyone can pick up the phone and call him) of the editor's protocol with the Sac Dollar chart. The coins more than a year or so old are all linked to each other based upon the pop report numbers. For example, when a pop 25 coin sells at $2,500 or so in a public auction (e.g. a 2001-P MS69) a couple of times (and there are times where a single auction price can not be 100% relied upon) a pop 18 coin can get a move up in the Price Guide just as the 03-D Sac got a move up to $4,000 a few weeks ago. But, when a coin such as the 03-D rises in pop from 18 to 35, the $4,000 level is simply unsustanable vis a vis the chart as a whole- MONOPOLIES IN PLAY OR NOT. As I mentioned before, IMHO the drop to $3,250 was a "gentle" adjustment on that coin. In fact, a bit out of line with what the "chart" dictates the new level to be.

Wondercoin

Edited to add - that was a simplification - what makes the charting a bit challenging is the inclusion of addition information pertinent to each particular coin in the series (e.g. mintage, etc.) in order to tweek the numbers appropriately.
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back a little ways, Dan50 sold a 2005-D MS67FB (2/0) to Lincolnsrule for XXX $$$ and the price guide said $400. Thats fine.

Then actually the 1st coin popped up and Nick had it and sold to Dan50 to give to me for a large sum (Thanks Dan) Thats fine too.

Now weeks later the 2005-D MS67FB pop is (17/1) and the price guide still says $400 per coin. imageimage Nick had 3 of them selling with BIN's on eBay @ $115, $120, & $125 respectfully and couldn't give them away...

Incidentally the 2005-P MS67FB (6/0) Of which I made (2/0) is sitting at a whopping $70 per coin. I sold my dupe for less then that! imageimage

Now Wondercoin is trying to settle the price guide with PCGS and Mas3387 doesn't like it.

I have my opinion of both dealers and can you guess whom this comment that Dan50 made in another post refers too?

<< <i>I watched a 68FB dime bring $2600.00 on TT, only now the original owner has the same coin priced for about $1000.00 less in his ebay store.
    Makes me wonder. image >>

Wondercoin, when you speak with Jaime H. can you run the above Dime stats by him please. An oh by the way, the 2005-D MS68FB sold on eBay for around $700, but don't quote me on that.

Thanks, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options

<< <i>Now Wondercoin is trying to settle the price guide with PCGS and Mas3387 doesn't like it. >>

Not a problem with the price guide it's with how quickly it was jumped on and the reason behind it.

<< 07 P MS68 & 07 D MS67 Business strike Sacagawea Pops blew up pretty good recently, Wonder why they were not adjust downward immediately??? “Wonder who has those coins???? >>

No price adjust was made when these Pops grew, no one cared about the price in the guide and the maker/dealer did not want it changed.

<< <i>2. The editor is keeping a close eye on very low pop coins rising sharply in pop so that he can address them quickly in the Guide. While he has a massive job handling all modern coins - he is well focused on particular series - Sac Dollars being one of them. >>

We can assume these coins were missed Or was it who controlled them did not want to see it changed.

• Options
    Paul - Well, I can tell you I do not even have an ebay store (not even a coin for sale over there for that matter).

Anyway, your example pertaining to dimes is relevant and exactly what JH is trying to address with quick pricing moves like the one on the 03-D Sacs. What Mas failed to tell you is the same day the pop corrected on a handful of Sacs, it also corrected downward on a number of other series such as Proof $50 Gold Eagles. A similar number of minus signs on that chart as the Sacs. Nearly every minus in that Proof Gold Eagle chart involved a coin I currently own, including the "key date" 1993-W $50 which dropped thousands of dollars in a single day. All proper moves down. If you stock moderns (or classics), expect some to move up and some to move down.

Wondercoin