Home Metal Detecting
Options

HERE ARE MY LATEST FINDS! DUG 10-31-07

About a month ago this site I had my eye on went under construction. I abtained permission and started digging my heart out. Over a foot of soil was removed and uncovered scores of historical artifacts. The best find among three are a 1600 silver spanish coin, a 1798 large cent and an 1812 stamped Eagle Plate buckle. This is located in the Hudson Valley......Ulster County
I'm not sure of the type of coin the silver one is, can anyone help me with this one?image, image, image, image, image,
image, image, image, image, image,image, image
The 1812 large cent was found 2 weeks earlier in Rhinebeck, my friend Tom had gotten permission for the Schylur House, he found a 1699 farthing there. image, image, image
This is the 2nd 1798 large cent image, image, image, Connec Copper image, image, image, image, super flat 1804 half cent before I rubbed it. image, image

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a super day.... congratulations. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    very nice!....hh
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    By the way... where in the Hudson Valley.. (I grew up there)... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whoa, Nellie! image

That's the kinda site I wanna hit!

That is a SWEET belt plate! You suck!

Dude, you gotta give us some closeups of those coins and buttons!

Your coin appears to be Spanish, from the cross on the back, but it could be from a couple of Western European countries. That picture is way too small to be of any help in ID'ing. At the very least, I need a transcription of some of the lettering.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    Wish, I was out east
    Wisconsin is not a good place to look for Coins from the 1600's, 1700's, or 1800's for that matter

Jim
    Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • Options
    VERY NICE LUCKY! i need a spot like that, I'm still waiting for my first large cent.
    Super finds!!!
    imageimage
  • Options
    davbecdavbec Posts: 321 ✭✭
    Those are some great finds.
  • Options
    Gottal love all that copper! Truly great finds!
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, you added bigger pix! Thanks!

I tell you, those pictures made my greedy li'l heart go thumpin'!

But I still don't see a closeup of the silver piece you want ID help with?

Oh, PS-

FANTASTIC!

Since "you suck" is considered a high compliment on these forums (as in, "Oh, man, you make me jealous"), I have to say...

"Lucky" is a very dang appropriate username for you. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Killer batch of finds!
  • Options
    CgbCgb Posts: 710
    WOW!

Those are 'spooky good' finds! image