Home Metal Detecting
Options

Found at an abandoned airfield.

I started this thread looking for clues to the identity of this object. It since has been edited. I found what it was on Ebay. I found this at an abandoned airfield yesterday. From the looks of it I thought it is a 45 RPM record adapter. Odd thing is it doesn't fit a 45 record. It's outside diameter is such that it falls through the hole of a 45. Plus, the inner hole is too small to fit over the spindle of a record changer. But that's what it's suppose to be. It's vintage is probably 50s or 60s. Thanks for looking

G Man

imageimageimage

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting... if what you say about the dimensions is accurate... how could it be a 45 insert? Or is there something missing from it... i.e. broken off. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    I haven't any idea how it can be different either, Rick. Here it is though.

Webster-Chicago 45 RPM adapters

G.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I'll be jiggered... Thanks G man.... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Had a few show up on Kinzli's site not long ago.
    Strange that they don't fit :-(

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options
    I believe it could be a screwdriver that fit on a key chain or it might be a spark plug gap tool. Used to have these about 35 years ago.
  • Options
    pendragon1998pendragon1998 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I believe it could be a screwdriver that fit on a key chain or it might be a spark plug gap tool. Used to have these about 35 years ago. >>

mmm...I don't agree. If it was a screwdriver or SPGT, wouldn't it have multiple widths to the projections? My dad, a private pilot didn't come up with any plane parts off the top of his head that it matched.

Have you tried to look up the company and figure out what they made?
  • Options
    No, it is really a 45 RPM adapter. Like I said, I found two boxes of them up for action on Ebay.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Im thinking its a spark plug gap gauge.