Home Sports Talk
Options

ARod will be hated even more now

frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
Personally, I think ARod is one of the best players to ever put on a uniform. I also don't think he is a mean guy or anything like that. However, I think this contract thing is going to make him one of the most hated atheletes in the country. He was dispised enough after his last contract, but this one will make it worse. This is going to be (and already is) a terrible PR move in a time when his PR was terrible to begin with. Just my 2 cents.

Shane

Comments

• Options
    He wants to be the highest paid player by landslide proportions. That is his primary goal in baseball. His image and winning a world championship would be nice side gifts, but they're not the real focus.
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    theres always the billboard head home run king to fall back on lol-i dont see anybody breaking down his door wanting him on their team
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arod's goal has always been to be the best player in the game...ever since he was a youth, I believe. Anyway, his operational definition of best player in the game must mean "highest paid." Without a doubt, he has achieved his goal. Too bad the best players in the game sometimes don't win championships. Perhaps Arod would better serve his image, legacy, family, and fans by focusing on being a championship caliber player first (no I in team, PayRod)? I'd still rather have Jeter on my team before Arod, since Jeter is a guy who puts victory and championships before self.
  • Options

<< <i>He wants to be the highest paid player by landslide proportions. That is his primary goal in baseball. His image and winning a world championship would be nice side gifts, but they're not the real focus. >>

So why did he ask the Rangers to trade him to a contending team?
    Tom
  • Options
    Though as a SS playing in Arlington his future value would have been even greater than as a 3B playing in right-handed-power-killing Yankee Stadium. Being on the Yankees offered him a chance to play for a championship. Things didn't work out well with the Yankees and it seems to me he is now looking for the best working conditions in addition to salary and World Series possibilities. To me, that sort of career decision should be commended
    Tom
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i> Things didn't work out well with the Yankees and it seems to me he is now looking for the best working conditions in addition to salary and World Series possibilities. >>

Too bad Boras doesn't share you opinion, and he is Arod's boss, so to speak, and $$ is numero uno
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pay-Rod, Gay-Rod, Stray-Rod, why the obsession over Mr. April??

Just keep him away from the Red Sox!! image
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    Was pretty interesting to see Torre state that he was surprised that ARod opted out.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>He wants to be the highest paid player by landslide proportions. That is his primary goal in baseball. His image and winning a world championship would be nice side gifts, but they're not the real focus. >>

So why did he ask the Rangers to trade him to a contending team? >>

His contract and money were long secure by then so after a few years of playing for a terrible team he could move on to the things that were a lesser priority to him like winning a championship. Do you think when he signed with the Rangers for $250 million he would have instead gone to the Yankees at that time if the Yanks offers him $200 million? Money first.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cant see the Red Sox ever pursuing him, it is pretty obvious he disdains the Sox and the feeling is mutual with Tek and others I would think.
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I couldn't agree with this more. It amazes me with how much money he has, and how much more he'll make regardless of what happens, how fixated he is on his salary than winning championships. >>

That's what you get when you sign with Scott Bora$.
  • Options

<< <i>His contract and money were long secure by then so after a few years of playing for a terrible team he could move on to the things that were a lesser priority to him like winning a championship. Do you think when he signed with the Rangers for $250 million he would have instead gone to the Yankees at that time if the Yanks offers him $200 million? Money first. >>

At the end of 2003 he was willing to accept closer to that $20 million per year to play for the Red Sox
    Tom