Home U.S. Coin Forum

tmot99 spotted it in Long Beach, russ helped raise the funds to purchase it HK-358

DUIGUYDUIGUY Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭
Which is a main reason I love this place, THANKS guys! image Known population of 5 with original case, one in the ANA museum.

HK-358 (sellers scans) Sorry, no pic of the box image

UTAH DOLLAR
Sponsored by State of Utah and sold in Utah Building on grounds. Silver specimen has incuse Sterling on reverse at lower right border and microscopic Dieges & Clust. N. Y. is at center of lower border, below date 1896. Copper has Virgin Utah Copper (not incuse) on reverse at lower left border and microscopic Dieges & Clust. N. Y. is at lower right border.

Obverse: In center is an involved decorative design with Utah / Exhibit on center oval; outside above, around Alaska-Yukon-Pacific Exposition; below * 1909 *
Reverse: In inner circle is State Seal; in a second outer circle, around The Great Seal of the State of Utah 1896; around latter is another circle, serrated; at lower border, microscopic Dieges & Clust. N. Y. (see above).

HK-358 - Silver. Size 24.
HK-359 - Copper.
NOTE: In original presentation cases, these medals are even more valuable. Cases are dark maroon leather leweler’s boxes, about 28 in. square. For Silver, bottom of box is lined with purple velvet and top with purple satin; latter inscribed "Compliments / Utah Commission / Alaska-Yukon-Pacific Exposition / Seattle, 1909." For Copper, box has purple velvet lining, top and bottom, but no inscription.

Link to pictures of the Expoe
“A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly."

- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 106-43 BC

Comments

• STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    Congrats on the NewP

That had to be one interesting Expo back then.
  • numismanumisma Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭✭

Congratulations. Very nice. Now THAT is rare, in reference to the this thread.
  • DUIGUYDUIGUY Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Congratulations. Very nice. Now THAT is rare, in reference to the this thread. >>

Not rare to those who do not collect SC$'s
    “A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly."

• RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭

<< <i><< Congratulations. Very nice. Now THAT is rare, in reference to the this thread. >>

Not rare to those who do not collect SC$'s >>

I don't collect SCD's, and it certainly meets my definition of rare.

Russ, NCNE
  • BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kick ass, Doug! Want to trade it for a half dime? image

<< <i>kick ass, Doug! Want to trade it for a half dime? image >>

All I need is one more "vise". I bin watching half dimes , They are tempting, especially the one russ posted. I must concentrate on heat the house first , tiss the season. An early Happy and safe Holidays to you and all of your's !! image

• very nice addition! you find all the neat stuffimage
    steve

myCCset
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice.. congratulations.. Cheers, RickO
  • jonathanbjonathanb Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats!

<< <i>Congrats! >>

Coming from you Sir, That is a compliment ! image

• Nice..Iam very happy for you.
    Regards
    Ronn
    Connecting a Windows PC to the Internet is like dressing in hundred-dollar bills and taking a walk in a bad neighborhood.
  • MidLifeCrisisMidLifeCrisis Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Legitimately rare pieces of history are very cool to own! Congrats! image
  • tmot99tmot99 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭
    I'm glad it all worked out and you were able to secure it. I saw it at ANA in Milwaukee but to one was around to give me any pricing. When I saw it at Long Beach and it was still available, I knew you'd be interested.

<< <i>I'm glad it all worked out and you were able to secure it. I saw it at ANA in Milwaukee but to one was around to give me any pricing. When I saw it at Long Beach and it was still available, I knew you'd be interested. >>

If I count correctly,, I owe you TWO. image

• AthenaAthena Posts: 439 ✭✭✭
    Very beautiful. Congratulations! image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file