Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1982 Topps Football Official Thread

I might be the only one posting here, but does anyone else here collect this set??

Comments

• Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    sting,
    i've submitted several the last few months from wax and rack. the wax seem to yield several cards with the surface spider wrinkles that pull a 5 at best. the racks have been my best route. i've got a few more remaining as well as a 200+ card lot waiting to submit. just hard to bring myself to sending them all in knowing the 9s may not recoupe the grading fee.

there's not much interest it seems unless they are 10s. the stars along with munoz, collinsworth, taylor and lott rookies seem to be very affordable in 9s. personally, i like the set but until i finish my 85 set, i'll more than likely not start another one.

if you are interested, i can send you a list of what i have remaining in 8s and 9s. i have a couple of 10s listed on ebay this week...sorry for the spam in advance.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember these as a kid, I picked up a few packs at a card show last year for short money. I ended up throwing them away right after I ripped them open, the cards were in awful shape w/poor centering. I did see your High grade pics in the mail call thread and they looked very nice though!
  • Options
    This is the only football set that I collect. I was looking for a football set and settled on this set for the rookies and overall look. My set is in raw condition. My set is the product of three wax boxes that I opened last year. I have a few graded cards that I can send to you if you need them. Do you have a registry set? I am missing #10, 64, 102, 184, 231, 252, 333, 358 and 495. If anybody has extras, please let me know. If anybody needs cards, please let me know. I have a box of my extras from the wax break.
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    I do like the design the best of all the 80s sets. Though it would be nice to know if anyone who has been collecting this set knows what cards might be hard to get in PSA 9 or higher grades. I did read a thread on here, not sure how long ago it was posted, of someone looking for #112 in NM/MT shape in raw form because everyone he pulled was off center. Luckily I just got that one off Ebay, so maybe that is one toughey off the list.

• Options
    recbballrecbball Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

Looking for a 1982 Matt Suhey #305 Rookie.

Thanks,
    Tom
  • Options
    Have been picking up commons in 9 for this set when they are priced at a point that would be painful to let them go. Will continue to do so and will probably eventually complete the set in 9 and 10 but don't know that I would say that I am actively collecting this one yet.
    Wanted: Bell Brands FB and BB, Chiefs regionals especially those ugly milk cards, Coke caps, Topps and Fleer inserts and test issues from the 60's. 1981 FB Rack pack w/ Jan Stenerud on top.
  • Options

<< <i>I might be the only one posting here, but does anyone else here collect this set?? >>

#11 on the set with 21.59% complete, and grinding away on it.

Great set to collect, but like David said, not alot of interest unless its a star or PSA 10
  • Options
    I'm looking for PSA 9s of Ronnie Lott, Lawrence Taylor & Anthony Munoz if anyone has extras. image
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    I have a box of about 300-400 cards of '82 topps football. Busted from a wax box from BBCE. I was just ripping something football and didn't want to spend too much but regardless they are just sitting here. Doubles were taken out, what's left was put in order, thought I might one day finish the set but I don't want to. So if any of you want them they are yours. See if any are worth sending in to grade. PM me if interested with your address and I'll send them, pay for the shipping after you get them or send me a card someday whatever. No charge for the actual cards. That's what this hobby is really about right!
  • Options
    Arsenal83Arsenal83 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭
    I'll take them...PM sent
  • Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am looking for George Rogers and Bert Jones and a few others from that set... and may eventually get into doing the entire set.
    Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    recball was the first to answer, he'll get the cards.
  • Options
    I'm trying to do this set in raw NM-MT condition and need a few left to finish off my set. Does anyone have any of the following? PM me if you do.

Thanks,

Brian

15, 35, 51, 56, 58, 112, 130, 196, 206, 210, 237, 242, 257, 291, 318, 434, 435, 486, 488, 489
  • Options
    BkritzBkritz Posts: 1,093 ✭✭
    SOLD
  • Options
  • Options
    BkritzBkritz Posts: 1,093 ✭✭
    I have a psa 10 1982 topps James Hadnot available. $20 delivered. He is a chief for all you KC Chief setbuilders! Just PM. I would trade for a psa 10 bear from 79-84 topps too.

B
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I might be the only one posting here, but does anyone else here collect this set?? >>

#11 on the set with 21.59% complete, and grinding away on it.

Great set to collect, but like David said, not alot of interest unless its a star or PSA 10 >>

Wow did you just go on a spending spree on some 82 cards?? I notice you had updated your set with a ton of 10s!!
  • Options
    Just list all my registry sets for sale. There are several 1982 cards. Registry sets are labeled for example TSM Danny White Collection.
    PM me if you are interested.
  • Options
    1982 TOPPS PSA 10 BROWNS GREG PRUITT - $20 DLVD

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

• Options

<< <i>I'm looking for PSA 9s of Ronnie Lott, Lawrence Taylor & Anthony Munoz if anyone has extras. image >>

Whoops....I forgot that I'm also looking for George Rogers RC as well. image
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    Bkritz,

Cards arrived yesterday, thanks very much!!
  • Options
    I am #15 and upgraded one card today. I more collect the entire 1980's Topps football and baseball in PSA so I am not moving that fast on any certain set.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    Question to any one that has purchased PSA 10s of this set off Ebay, what would you consider a decent price for 10s?? I mean for commons.
  • Options
    $15-20 for normal pop commons is a good price IMO.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

• Options
    1982 #311 Tony Dorsett PSA 10 Gem Mint POP 3 for sale. Just sold my other one. Also have #1 Ken ANderson RB PSA 10 Gem Mint POP 2 if anyone is interested.
    LMK
    Tim
  • Options
    What is SMR for a PSA 10 Dorsett out of curiosity??
  • Options

<< <i>What is SMR for a PSA 10 Dorsett out of curiosity?? >>

I don't know, but I just sold one for $800.
  • Options
    are there vcp prices for lott and munoz in 9? maybe i should subscribe????

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

• Options
    cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭
    I'm working on a mint raw '82 set myself. I'm down to needing about 12 cards to complete it. No need to grade them from my point of view but I can see some of your guys doing this. Great card design. Nice rookie selection.

When I have more time I'll see if I can help some of the above posters want lists. I must have 1200 extras here.
  • Options
    cardbender, what 12 are you down to?

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

• Options
    Hi LD Ferg,
    Here's my '82 Topps FB wantlist:

# 131 D. Harris
    # 220 Stallworth IA
    # 239 E. White
    # 360 Harvey
    # 418 Carson
    # 430 Perkins
    # 472 Stump Mitchell
    # 499 J. Giles

I guess I only need 8 cards. Any help would be appreciated.
    I can pay for these or trade you. Lmk and thanks!

Rich
  • Options
    Hi Packman,
    I have the following cards you need for your '82 Topps FB set:

# 10, 64, 102, and 231 .

PM me your address and I'll mail them to you next week.

Regards,

Rich
  • Options
    Ok, what is the story on this card??

LINK
  • Options
    good question. maybe because it's a cowboys player. i hope so as i've got a handful of psa 9 cowboys listing later today.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

• Options
    estangestang Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭
    It's a great looking set. Great colors, NFL logos/helmets, All-Pro bright coloring and player selection.
    Enjoy your collection!
    Erik
  • Options

<< <i>It's a great looking set. Great colors, NFL logos/helmets, All-Pro bright coloring and player selection. >>

Agreed, the thing that bothers me most about the sets from the 70s is that the team logo has been airbrushed from the helmets. It really distracts from the cards IMHO!!
  • Options
    Alright you guys need to slow down on adding cards to your sets or I will never be able to catch up. Though I am still waiting to register my set. Wanted to get near 10% before registering. Plus I did not want this thread to get lost.
  • Options

<< <i>Alright you guys need to slow down on adding cards to your sets or I will never be able to catch up. Though I am still waiting to register my set. Wanted to get near 10% before registering. Plus I did not want this thread to get lost. >>

MOSH is the 82 set we're all chasing!!!

This is a great set to collect, one or two cards a week is all it takes. image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Alright you guys need to slow down on adding cards to your sets or I will never be able to catch up. Though I am still waiting to register my set. Wanted to get near 10% before registering. Plus I did not want this thread to get lost. >>

MOSH is the 82 set we're all chasing!!!

This is a great set to collect, one or two cards a week is all it takes. image >>

Though I have slowed down during this time of year, that is what I am trying to average.
  • Options
    If any of you guys have any PSA 8 quality raw dupes that I need from my want list, please keep me in mind. Thanks again cardbender for the cards you sent me a few weeks back.

Have a Merry Christmas guys!

Brian
  • Options
    Well I finally registered my set (so far) and I am at #15. Looks like there are some very low PSA 9 pops. Heck I have a 1/1 pop PSA 9. Hopefully there will be more over the next few years that get graded.
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    Welcome to the 1982 Topps Regi....wait a minute, I am #16 now. Go buy some SPX cards or something will you image

Mark
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
  • Options
    Looks like there has been some updating to the set registery for this set?? Nice to see some adding to their sets!!
  • Options
    Good to see this thread popular. The '82 set is what brought me back to the hobby last year. For awhile I thought I was the only guy interested in it, then some of you started outbidding me ..... :-). In a little over a year I've gotten to 40+% and third on the registry list. In that time I have picked up dozens of PSA 9 (a few PSA 8) doubles that I would be interested in trading for similar cards that I still need from the set. Does anyone else have a stack of graded doubles they are looking to move? If so, please PM me and I will send you a list of my dupes.

-Scott
  • Options
    Missing scans in this thread...

imageimage

Need to rescan that Wendell sometime.
  • Options
    Still need the following in raw NM-MT (60/40) condition, please PM me if you have any available.

1982 Topps Football
    51, 112, 130, 196, 210, 242, 257, 291, 318, 434, 435, 486, 488, 489

Thank you in advance,

Brian
  • Options
    Have some items up on Ebay from this set, some PSA 10s and star cards.

LINK
  • Options
    I have a 1982 #311 Tony Dorsett PSA 10 in anyone is interested. PM me with offers.
  • Options
    spam - i just listed a few psa 10s and several 9s for this set if there is any interest during the 'off-season'. i have a few more 9s i'm debating whether it's worth it to resubmit as they are borderline 10s. i can't tell the difference between the 2 when comparing some of these i have 'in hand' now.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

• Options
    BasherBoyBasherBoy Posts: 510 ✭✭
    I've decided to build this set. I don't have many so far (maybe 30). If anybody has any graded 82's that they would be interested in selling or trading pm me or email basherboy29@yahoo.com
    Need PSA Indians/Browns