Home U.S. Coin Forum

E-mail from Blanchard mined from this site

CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just got an e-mail from Blanchard soliciting me as a client, using my real name and the e-mail address I use in my profile here. Anybody else?
TD
Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.

Comments

• mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Just got an e-mail from Blanchard soliciting me as a client, using my real name and the e-mail address I use in my profile here. Anybody else?
    TD >>

Perhaps you signed up a while back and don't remember?

I haven't gotten one of those emails image

There are sources that sell all this info.
  • tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,146 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got one, too. image

• << <i>I got one, too. image >>

hells fire....even this dweeb got oneimage
    "Everyday above ground is a good day"

• notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭
    week or two ago.
  • CoinRaritiesOnlineCoinRaritiesOnline Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I got one today too. Here is the text of it:

---------------------
    Mr. Wnuck,

My name is J. McDonald and I'm a broker at Blanchard & Company. I wanted to extend my services out to you. We have an inventory of some of the finest rare coins that can fullfill any collector's needs. Blanchard is the largest and most respected rare coin firm in the nation. With the addition of John Albanese we have been able to get coins of the highest quality. I would like to learn a bit about your interest in coins. Please let me know if there are any coins that you may need. In addition, I would like to let you know about some things taking place in the rare coin market that you should be aware of. If you would like, I can share some information with you that I know will be very beneficial . Thanks in advance, and please let me help you with any of your rare coin needs.

Regards,

J. McDonald
    Account Executive
    Blanchard & Company
    Free direct # 866-538-0073
    Jsmcdonald@Blanchardgold.com
    www.Blanchardgold.com
    ---------------------

Enjoy and discuss.

• Me too - earlier today.
  • SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question for any resident computer gurus:

Can email names get boosted off this site by bots or does it have to be done manually?

P.S. I didn't get one of the Blanchard emails since I choose not to post my email addy in my profile.
  • STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    I haven't either, but with this message that may change.
  • seateddimeseateddime Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭
    sure did
    I seldom check PM's but do check emails often jason@seated.org

Buying top quality Seated Dimes in Gem BU and Proof.

Buying great coins - monster eye appeal only.
  • cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me too:

Christian,

My name is J. McDonald and I'm a broker at Blanchard & Company. I wanted to extend my services out to you. We have an inventory of some of the finest rare coins that can fullfill any collector's needs. Blanchard is the largest and most respected rare coin firm in the nation. With the addition of John Albanese we have been able to get coins of the highest quality. I would like to learn a bit about your interest in coins. Please let me know if there are any coins that you may need. In addition, I would like to let you know about some things taking place in the rare coin market that you should be aware of. If you would like, I can share some information with you that I know will be very beneficial . Thanks in advance, and please let me help you with any of your rare coin needs.

Regards,

J. McDonald
    Account Executive
    Blanchard & Company
    Free direct # 866-538-0073
    Jsmcdonald@Blanchardgold.com
    www.Blanchardgold.com
    You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • Mine came on Monday...if you respond to it be prepared to receive more solicitation. They are probably sending to forum members email addresses listed on profiles.
  • TomBTomB Posts: 20,697 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same garbage here, too.
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• RYKRYK Posts: 35,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am thinking about calling them for some silly purpose--I think I will try to find an operating pay phone first.
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So much for mailing you TD. I was gonna offer some brown wheaties ( unsearched, too)
  • Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,267 ✭✭✭
    I removed my email address from my profile because of this type of spam. I don't understand why unregistered users can view profiles.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • LongacreLongacre Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭
    I have not checked my personal email in a few days. I need to see if I got it too.
    Always took candy from strangers
    Didn't wanna get me no trade
    Never want to be like papa
    Working for the boss every night and day
    --"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)

• << <i>I removed my email address from my profile because of this type of spam. I don't understand why unregistered users can view profiles. >>

They may be registered as an unknown name!
  • ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    Seems like a good excuse to abuse their toll-free number...
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.... I was spammed as well.... Cheers, RickO
  • SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got one on October 25th maybe I'm special

<< <i>10/25/07 jsmcdonald@blanchardgold.com Blanchard & Company Please Read Terry >>

• VTCoinsVTCoins Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭
    I got one too.
    Tim Puro
    Puro's Coins and Jewelry
    Rutland, VT

(802)773-3883

Link to my website www.vtcoins.com

Link to my eBay auctions

Buy, sell and trade all coins, US paper money, jewelry, diamonds and anything made of gold, silver or platinum.
  • fcfc Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭
    must be tough times if some coin dealers are using mass emailings
    to get attention.

cannot afford an ad here on the forums? sad.
  • ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    Tim,

My name is J. McDonald and I'm a broker at Blanchard & Company. I wanted to extend my services out to you. We have an inventory of some of the finest rare coins that can fullfill any collector's needs. Blanchard is the largest and most respected rare coin firm in the nation. With the addition of John Albanese we have been able to get coins of the highest quality.

Well, I'm sure you don't have trouble getting them stickered... image
  • And I thought I was special.
    He sent me a second email with several Carson City gold coins for sale.
    I wonder why he thought I'd be interested in those? image

Oh well, He's trying. Throw the spagetti against the wall and every now and then a piece sticks.

• Think they might send me 15-20 coins on approvalimage
    Becoming informed but still trying to learn every day!
    1-Dammit Boy Oct 14,2003

International Coins
    "A work in progress"

Wayne
    eBay registered name:
    Hard_ Search (buyer/bidder, a small time seller)
    e-mail: wayne.whatley@gmail.com
  • Yep, Me too!
    Gary
  • FrankcoinsFrankcoins Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Just got an e-mail from Blanchard soliciting me as a client, using my real name and the e-mail address I use in my profile here. Anybody else?
    TD >>

Are you sure it's really from Blanchard and not a "dirty tricks" campaign by some of anti-sticker people here, since John Albanese is is "an integral consulting associate of the Blanchard and Company, Inc."

I remember you used the Capt Henway email address AND your real name on rec.collecting.coins years ago, and checking google archives, it is still there for anyone to have data-mined.
    Frank Provasek - PCGS Authorized Dealer, Life Member ANA, Member TNA. www.frankcoins.com

<< <i>Seems like a good excuse to abuse their toll-free number... >>

Not smart.

US CODE TITLE 47 > CHAPTER 5 > SUBCHAPTER II > Part I > § 223

Whoever makes a telephone call or utilizes a telecommunications device, whether or not conversation or communication ensues, without disclosing his identity and with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any person at the called number or who receives the communications;

shall be fined under title 18 or imprisoned not more than two years, or both.
    Frank Provasek - PCGS Authorized Dealer, Life Member ANA, Member TNA. www.frankcoins.com

• << <i>

<< <i>Seems like a good excuse to abuse their toll-free number... >>

Not smart.

US CODE TITLE 47 > CHAPTER 5 > SUBCHAPTER II > Part I > § 223

Whoever makes a telephone call or utilizes a telecommunications device, whether or not conversation or communication ensues, without disclosing his identity and with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any person at the called number or who receives the communications;

shall be fined under title 18 or imprisoned not more than two years, or both. >>

Blanchard can abuse a telecommunication device and I get locked up......................you be a funny dude Frank!

CACA=Blanchard, no thanks.

Herb
    Remember it's not how you pick your nose that matters, it's where you put the boogers.
    imageimageimage

<< <i>

Blanchard can abuse a telecommunication device and I get locked up......................you be a funny dude Frank!

CACA=Blanchard, no thanks.

Herb >>

It's not illegal to
    send commercial email as long as the product or service itself is not illegal, the header line is not misleading,
    and there is a valid return address and contact information.
  • mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    I feel left out.image
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    The eMail in my profile here is just a spam trap. I never see anything sent to it.

Russ, NCNE
  • LongacreLongacre Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭
    I didn't get it!
    Always took candy from strangers
    Didn't wanna get me no trade
    Never want to be like papa
    Working for the boss every night and day
    --"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)
  • Blanchard and Company, Inc. would like to sincerely apologize for the actions of J. McDonald. It is not Blanchard's policy to harvest names and send unsolicited emails, letters, or to make phone calls to individuals who have not contacted us first. As a result, Blanchard has tightened its policies to prevent this from happening again. For those of you who received an email, we are sorry for the inconvenience.

David Beahm
    Blanchard & Compnay, Inc.
    David Beahm
    Vice President
    Blanchard and Company, Inc.
    Blanchardgold.com

• << <i>Blanchard and Company, Inc. would like to sincerely apologize for the actions of J. McDonald. It is not Blanchard's policy to harvest names and send unsolicited emails, letters, or to make phone calls to individuals who have not contacted us first. As a result, Blanchard has tightened its policies to prevent this from happening again. For those of you who received an email, we are sorry for the inconvenience.

David Beahm
    Blanchard & Compnay, Inc. >>

Welcome to the boards!image
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As the original poster, apology accepted. End of story.
    TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
  • I received an e-mail from Blanchard several days ago. He used my real name also.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file