Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I like the way junk mail furthers my jefferson collection

A few times a year I get junk mail with coins in it, mainly nickels. Being a jefferson collector, this is a cheap but fun way to update the old dansco. I live on the east coast, so I always get the phili issues in change, and for some reason, the junk mail coins are always denver issue. Today I got my 07 D jeffery, and I wish I had a scan of it, as its in better shape then the ones in the mint sets image

on a side note, I got a phone call from armitron ratings, asked if I would consider doing a radio survey, and how many in the house would consider doing so. So I agreed to have everyone do it (3). Two days later, I got the 3 surveys, and 3 brand new $5 dollar bills. 4 days later I recieved a reminder that the rating week was starting in 2 days, along with 9 brand new $1 bills. Two days before the rating week was due to end, I received a reminder to mail out the ratings booklet, with another 6 $1 bills. $30 bucks total.

not to shabby at all

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill

Comments

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    if i ever get a call like that i think i'll enter into negotiations and see what the best price is i can get. BTW, if Armitron needs any participants please PM and i'll give you my phone number.image
  • Options
    I get those nickels in the junk mail too. One of them really did a job on my paper shredder.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I rarely get the coins anymore.. mostly now $1 bills... all asking to complete surveys. I do.. and pocket the bills. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,760 ✭✭✭✭
    Interesting. I've never once received nickels in the mail before.

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file